“Well worth it...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Well worth it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed in June this year, we got a villa which was on one of the golf courses and was beautiful to look out at.. very clean too. Only bad thing is that on check in they're mad to get you to sign up to view property's with a look to buying into these.. just say no.. but they can be pretty persistent.. All in all great place..

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, Iain. We delighted to hear that your villa led to a comfortable and relaxing experience for you. We’re sorry if you felt any pressure from our team to attend a property tour during your stay. Even though they are a great way to learn about the benefits of Club Membership, they are always voluntary and completely up to you. We’d love to see you again for more good times at Orange Lake Resort real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

As an time share owner I am biased when I say ... I love this place! I guess that was why my parents bought a share of this over 12 years ago! It's charm and comfort has not disappeared after those 12 years ...

Close to everything !! disney is about 10 mins and. Universal is about 15 to 20 depending on traffic ...

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We’re honored that you feel that way! We’re proud to be a source of fond vacation memories for you much like we have been for your parents as well. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the overall guest experience and it’s wonderful to know that you've grown to love our resort more and more over the past 12 years. We’ll do all we can to make sure that continues in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Fantastic Hotel, very convenient location. Close to Disney and other Orlando destinations. Great pools & kids loved the Lazy River. About 1/2 way from the Gulf and the Atlantic, so getting to the beaches is easy as well. Easy to get to and so nice you don't want to leave. Highly recommended for that trip to Disney World and Universal Orlando.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Tom! We’re happy to offer you a resort experience that acted as a relaxing retreat when you weren't taking in all the fun that Orlando has to offer. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have you back again in the future for another great stay at Orange Lake Resort.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a wonderful time at Orange Lake Resort!! Great customer service and a great location if visiting disney!!! Very spacious for a family of 11!!! Great view of the Golf course and we really like the screened in back porch!!! Nice place to stay!!!!

Stayed July 2014
We’re so glad you had a great time, Kia. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It looks like that our resort kept you close to the action of the theme parks while offering spacious accommodations for your family and quality service as well, we can’t be happier! We hope you consider us again in the future for even more vacation fun. Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Very nice resort hotel, highly recommended for medium to large families. The property is literally right next door to Disney's rear (less utilized) entrance and about 15 - 20 minutes away from other Orlando attractions (i.e. - Universal Studios and Sea World). There is also a Publix Supermarket at the foot of the resort's main entrance and a Super Walmart 10 minutes away. The only negative is that they require you to sit through a 90 minute timeshare presentation, which they should allow to end much more quickly if you say no. Shuttles to area attraction would also be a plus. Other than that ever thing is really nice. I doubt you can find another property nicer than this one that isn't on Disney property. We've been here twice and cannot complain about anything significant. Highly recommended... minus the timeshare tour (should make that voluntary and offer a slight discount to those that chose to partake).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi there, Raadeen. Thank you for choosing us to be your vacation home on your trip to the Orlando area. We’re delighted that you found us to be perfect for your group and for families in general. It’s great to have you as a return guest and we value your feedback very much. Thank you for taking part in a property tour presentation during your stay. We want to emphasize that unless the package that you book with us requires you to attend the presentation, it is completely voluntary. Sometimes, however, we do offer some incentives for guests if they take time to attend. Thanks so much for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon for some more fun.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I checked in on Tuesday. We booked our trip with orbitz. That was mistake number one. From the time you check in the sales staff start trying to sign you up for a time share seminar. When you tell them you are not interested they treat you like an unwanted guest. Our room was located in the same building as the front desk. When we walked through the hallway the smell was so bad I thought a sewer backed up. When we went inside the room the smell wasn't much better. The room was out dated and unclean. My wife had to clean the room for us due to the filthy bathroom. I did not know my wife had done this or I would had checked out then. The first morning I got a call at 9:00am from another sales person trying to sign me up. Oh we'll, so much for sleeping in. The second night there we returned from a long day at the amusement park and the room had not been cleaned. I went to the desk and they told me we have to clean our room and wash our own towels. I was so upset I called orbitz and they said it was up to holiday inn if I would be able to check out and receive a partial refund. Holiday inn staff said no. I checked out anyways and lost the money I paid. I took my family to another hotel and paid twice. If anyone thinks I am making this up just call the holiday inn and ask them who cleans the rooms and washes the towels? Ask them about the seminars they expect you to attend. The lesson here is pay the extra money and stay somewhere where the hotel has to answer to someone. We wound up staying at a universal studios resort and couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us, Samuel. We appreciate you choosing our resort to be a part of your vacation plans but we’re disappointed to see that your stay may not have met your expectations. We encourage you to let us know if your room is unsatisfactory for you in any way and we will do everything that we can to make sure you are comfortable. We’re sorry for any miscommunication there may have been regarding our on-site housekeeping services. Our resort is a bit different by not offering traditional housekeeping, but we provide washers, dryers, and other useful items to tidy up your room during your stay. We also encourage our guests to take advantage of hearing all the things that Club Membership has to offer through our property tours. These tours, however, are always voluntary and we apologize if you felt any pressure whatsoever from our team. Thank you again for your candid feedback and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future.
Ramona, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I gave them a poor rating because yes the property is beautiful and our villa is beautiful also there is much for the kids to enjoy. However I phoned several times prior to our trip to ask about transportation, they do not have a shuttle from the airport to the resort, that did not bother me. What did upset me is that I also ask if there was a shuttle from the resort to the theme parks, I was told yes but they DID NOT tell me that they charged $20 per person to and from the park and I have 8 people.. This is information that should be told to you when you call so that you may budget for that expense. We are here for a week and had to rent a van which costs well over $600 and that had to be taken out of the trip budget. I should have been made aware of the charges when I phoned, I did call for information after all.

Room Tip: Stay in the new lazy river area that is the best part, but be sure to ask your questions and how muc...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello, Gina. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. We’re delighted to see that you found our resort to be well-appointed and your villa to be a perfect fit for your needs. We do all we can to ensure our guests are educated and informed prior to arrival. We apologize for any miscommunication there was regarding our theme park shuttles on-site. Our goal is set our guests expectations prior to their arrival and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope that you consider us in the future as a source of family fun for your next getaway.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!