“Family of 5 from Staten Island, NY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Family of 5 from Staten Island, NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Very nice resort hotel, highly recommended for medium to large families. The property is literally right next door to Disney's rear (less utilized) entrance and about 15 - 20 minutes away from other Orlando attractions (i.e. - Universal Studios and Sea World). There is also a Publix Supermarket at the foot of the resort's main entrance and a Super Walmart 10 minutes away. The only negative is that they require you to sit through a 90 minute timeshare presentation, which they should allow to end much more quickly if you say no. Shuttles to area attraction would also be a plus. Other than that ever thing is really nice. I doubt you can find another property nicer than this one that isn't on Disney property. We've been here twice and cannot complain about anything significant. Highly recommended... minus the timeshare tour (should make that voluntary and offer a slight discount to those that chose to partake).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hi there, Raadeen. Thank you for choosing us to be your vacation home on your trip to the Orlando area. We’re delighted that you found us to be perfect for your group and for families in general. It’s great to have you as a return guest and we value your feedback very much. Thank you for taking part in a property tour presentation during your stay. We want to emphasize that unless the package that you book with us requires you to attend the presentation, it is completely voluntary. Sometimes, however, we do offer some incentives for guests if they take time to attend. Thanks so much for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon for some more fun.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
  • Polish first
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I checked in on Tuesday. We booked our trip with orbitz. That was mistake number one. From the time you check in the sales staff start trying to sign you up for a time share seminar. When you tell them you are not interested they treat you like an unwanted guest. Our room was located in the same building as the front desk. When we walked through the hallway the smell was so bad I thought a sewer backed up. When we went inside the room the smell wasn't much better. The room was out dated and unclean. My wife had to clean the room for us due to the filthy bathroom. I did not know my wife had done this or I would had checked out then. The first morning I got a call at 9:00am from another sales person trying to sign me up. Oh we'll, so much for sleeping in. The second night there we returned from a long day at the amusement park and the room had not been cleaned. I went to the desk and they told me we have to clean our room and wash our own towels. I was so upset I called orbitz and they said it was up to holiday inn if I would be able to check out and receive a partial refund. Holiday inn staff said no. I checked out anyways and lost the money I paid. I took my family to another hotel and paid twice. If anyone thinks I am making this up just call the holiday inn and ask them who cleans the rooms and washes the towels? Ask them about the seminars they expect you to attend. The lesson here is pay the extra money and stay somewhere where the hotel has to answer to someone. We wound up staying at a universal studios resort and couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us, Samuel. We appreciate you choosing our resort to be a part of your vacation plans but we’re disappointed to see that your stay may not have met your expectations. We encourage you to let us know if your room is unsatisfactory for you in any way and we will do everything that we can to make sure you are comfortable. We’re sorry for any miscommunication there may have been regarding our on-site housekeeping services. Our resort is a bit different by not offering traditional housekeeping, but we provide washers, dryers, and other useful items to tidy up your room during your stay. We also encourage our guests to take advantage of hearing all the things that Club Membership has to offer through our property tours. These tours, however, are always voluntary and we apologize if you felt any pressure whatsoever from our team. Thank you again for your candid feedback and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future.
Ramona, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I gave them a poor rating because yes the property is beautiful and our villa is beautiful also there is much for the kids to enjoy. However I phoned several times prior to our trip to ask about transportation, they do not have a shuttle from the airport to the resort, that did not bother me. What did upset me is that I also ask if there was a shuttle from the resort to the theme parks, I was told yes but they DID NOT tell me that they charged $20 per person to and from the park and I have 8 people.. This is information that should be told to you when you call so that you may budget for that expense. We are here for a week and had to rent a van which costs well over $600 and that had to be taken out of the trip budget. I should have been made aware of the charges when I phoned, I did call for information after all.

Room Tip: Stay in the new lazy river area that is the best part, but be sure to ask your questions and how muc...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello, Gina. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. We’re delighted to see that you found our resort to be well-appointed and your villa to be a perfect fit for your needs. We do all we can to ensure our guests are educated and informed prior to arrival. We apologize for any miscommunication there was regarding our theme park shuttles on-site. Our goal is set our guests expectations prior to their arrival and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope that you consider us in the future as a source of family fun for your next getaway.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Wow. Where to start with this place. The staff, if you could find them, would rate a 5 out of 10. The grounds themselves, especially River Island, would rate a 9/10. It's all downhill from there. They nickel and dime you for everything else. Our two bedroom suite at River Island was clean enough, a bit outdated, but functional and spacious for our family of five. I would rate it 7.5/10. The lazy river pool was packed and dirty during our 10 night stay. The quality of human beings was was astonishing. This place is first and foremost a timeshare, and to that end they will let anybody with a heartbeat in. Be prepared to vacation ghetto style.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience with us. Although we’re happy that you chose us to be the host of your recent family getaway, it’s disappointing to see that your stay may not have met your expectations. It’s important to us to provide a quality resort experience with service that exceeds expectations and we apologize missing the mark in any way during your visit. We hope that you consider us on a future trip to the area where we will look to show you just how much fun a vacation with us can be.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the West village. There were 11 of us all together. My wife, daughter and I shared a villa with my parents and my brothers family stayed next door. The accommodation was very clean and the welcome pack was nice. This included filter coffee which was nice after a long flight and drive.
The accommodation is well situated there is a supermarket publix just off site, we found this to be very good with a large choice of items reasonable priced. Disney park are 4 mile away so whether you are driving or catching the free shuttle it doesn't take long.
The staff are very helpful and polite. We visited the gator show held on Wednesdays this was really interesting. Overall the accommodation was good, staff very helpful and it's ideally located. The pools and lazy river were really good after a day at the parks. Could not really fault the place. Will come back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi there, Jeff! It was a pleasure to recently host your family getaway. We’re glad that we could comfortably accommodate all of you with nearby villas to enjoy family company. It’s also great to see that you took time to explore the property and even squeezed in a few activities into your schedule. We’d love to have you all back again soon for even more vacation fun. Thanks for your feedback!
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was the first of 2 resorts we stayed in for the extended family/ reunion phase of our trip to Disney/ Universal from 7/31- 8/4/14. This property is gargantuan,, more like a small town than a large resort so you should plan to have a car while staying on the resort. Check-In was pleasant & quick. We were assigned a 3BR villa in the East village which is the most remote part of the property. We wanted to stay on River Island, however the suite size we wanted was not available. The villa was not luxurious, in fact they appeared old ( tube TV; No Hi-Def) , but not very worn, and were very comfortable, clean, spacious, filled with amenities and the entire group of adults & children were happy with the facilities. Hi speed internet access worked well, and despite the massive size of the well manicured property, the staff were remarkedly responsive when we called for missing items from the villa such as towels, pillow, clean sheets/ blankets toaster, coffee maker etc; We were on the 4th floor and did not hear any neighbors, so the rooms are well insulated. The Kitchen was huge and allowed us to save money by preparing breakfasts, snacks etc; . River Island is beautiful, with a lovely waterpark, lazy river, but plan to pay to use every amenity in the area, even the lazy river tubes!!!. This nickel/ dimimg guests was a major turn off for me, and it was the one factor that prevented us from purchasing a Timeshare, as we really liked the resort, but were very displeased with having to pay to use a slide and a tube. Despite the extra charges, my children, nieces & nephews had so much fun here that we would probably still stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa on River Island
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hi there! It’s great to hear from you about your stay with us and we’re honored to be a part of your special family celebration. We’re glad that you found the resort to be well-maintained and, although it was a bit larger than what you expected, gave you accommodations that were comfortable and activities that kept the fun going all vacation long. There may be a few premium amenities on site that come at a small fee, the majority of our amenities including access to all of our pools, traditional water slides, basketball, and kid’s golf come at no cost. We do have multi-day Play Passes that are available to allow you to have unlimited access to our premium amenities for one cost. We’re so glad you had an enjoyable stay and excited to hear you’d stay again; we hope it’s sometime in the near future!
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in the River Village complex and our party consisted of 2 families with a 7 y/o, a 2 y/o, and 1 y/o children.
We arrived early on Weds (11am) and were able to check in with ease (our room was not ready though). The check in counter was quick, and yes someone is standing by to take you to another counter to try to get you on a tour and validate your $20 voucher. They tell you about the complex, what amenities they have (golf, pools, arcades, ect) which is actually informative. They do try to get you to sign up for a tour, but politely decline if you don’t want to take it, and all is well. That entire process only took 5-7 mins, so no big deal.

Orange Lake guarantees their rooms to be ready by 4pm and they will call you when ready, so we went out and had lunch, and went to downtown Disney (which is free). By 3pm we didn’t receive a call, so we went grocery shopping in prep for getting into our room at 4pm. Well… 4pm came and went and no call, so I called them at 4:15pm to see what room we were in, thinking maybe they forgot to call. After being transferred 3 times, I was told our room was not ready and they could not tell me when it would be ready…. they would call me. Obviously this was quite frustrating as we had 2 small children and groceries baking in the 95 degree sun while we sat in the River Village parking lot. After much waiting and no resolution over the phone, we drove to the registration building (about 1.5 miles away). They finally changed our room, and we went back to River Village to get into the room only to find out that our new room keys did not work. Sooooo another call was placed while we were standing in the hallway with all of our luggage and groceries (at least it was cooler). Finally at 5:20pm someone came with good room keys and let us in. At 5:43pm I received a call that our original room was ready for us, and we can now enter. Since we had 2 very young children, this was a very rough start to our stay at Orange Lake, and am disappointed that it took so much effort on my part just to get into a room.

The rooms are nice and spacious, the grounds are very nicely kept, the River Village pool and lazy river were very nice (this is where my son spent much of his time).
Like many have said in past reviews, anything other than walking on the sidewalk and swimming in the pool, costs extra. The tubes for the lazy river $$, the inflatable waterslide $$, putt putt $$, housekeeping $$. They also charge an extra $8 resort fee per night... not to use the facilities at the resort but is actually a maintenance fee (this fee is merely for tax purposes, else they would charge this in the room rate).

All in all, Orange Lake is an extremely beautiful resort, you will not be disappointed staying there (at the River Village at least).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello there! Thank you so much for your feedback and for allowing us at Orange Lake Resort to be your source of relaxation and fun for your recent getaway. We can’t be happier to hear that your stay in River Island was a comfortable one. We apologize for any delays you experience on the day of your arrival and any inconvenience that this may have caused. It’s great to see that your stay from there was pleasant and we appreciate your resort recommendation. We hope to see you again soon for some more good times with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!