We were booked in the west village for the week between Christmas and New Years. NEVER AGAIN will I do that! This week of year is the MOST CROWDED at all Disney parks!!!! What was I thinking? Oh well, live and learn. The only consolation was the amazing display of Christmas lights at the parks. We were at Hollywood Studio on New Years Eve and it was pretty impressive just to look at how lit up the place was. There was even blowing snow (tiny bubbles) coming from above in the streets which was pretty impressive.
Our unit was very nicely furnished, updated furniture, very comfortable beds, especially well equipped kitchen and very clean. Our balcony view was of the golf course and quiet. I was surprisingly pleased with the accommodations. We did agree to the timeshare sales pitch to get discounted passes for the week for lazy river tubes and unlimited use of the putt putt though we only used the putt putt once. The weather was mostly gloomy, misting rain most days and too cool (mid 60's) to swim although the pool & lazy river water is heated. We traveled with 2 teen age boys and they eventually swam for a couple of hours one day.
Overall, the property is well kept with plenty of activities to do. Very close to Animal Kingdom and a quick drive to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Also Known As:
- Orange Lake Resort
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Country
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort & Country Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.