“Great Amenities, Clean and Spacious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
“Great Amenities, Clean and Spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before heading to Disney for a week. We rented a 2 bedroom unit, and it was very spacious and great layout for a family. The grounds are well kept and beautiful and very, very large. Close to everything on 192 and really close to Disney property.

Master bedroom had king bed, nice jacuzzi tub and shower, second bedroom had washer and dryer, upright shower, and 2 comfortable queen beds.

Upon check-in, we were offered a "special" to use the lazy river, minigolf, and all other on property amenities. The catch: having to sit through a 90-minute sales pitch for time share ownership. We didn't purchase, as the 2 days we were there were cold, so knew we wouldn't use the amenities. Normal swimming pools were included and free, but everyone should be aware of this.

Also, we were put in a building very close to the highway and could hear cars and trucks very slightly from the bedrooms. We didn't care because we were there for 2 nights and were going to be heading to Disney vacation, but if we were there for a week, we would have asked to change.

I would stay again and would recommend to friends or family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi there, John. Welcome back from your recent stay and thank you for choosing us for your Orlando vacation. We’re so pleased to hear that your villa was able to provide the space you needed to relax and that the resort met your expectations. We hope to see you in the future to show you how much fun vacationing with us can be. We appreciate your recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
Shoreham, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

If your going to offer people a chance to buy one of your time shares you shoidnt stick them in the east village. According to your salesteam we shoudnt have stayed there the place is a mess (their words). I don't really care if the place is being renovated which it so desperatley needs, but at least the cleanning team should clean the area. the should be carts availble to carry luggage which I was told was the front desks resposibilty to make sure that they are there. you put us on the sixth floor I have a large family which you know when we checked in. the elevator was a in really poor condition, there was garbage on floors of outside area halways,broken glass,a lonley golf shoe sitting in the bushes, cigarette butts everywhere, and 2 bags of clean laundry laying on concrete half open and I am sure put into someones room next morning. I have stayed in alot of Holiday inn resorts,inn and hotels for sometime we are considered to you an gold elite customer and this was the absolute worst I have ever seen. I do have to say the river island area was quite nice and I would think If I were a sales team trying to sell a time share of this to one of our clients they would have stayed somewhat closer to this area. My busineess is working with complex in the northeast I was embarrassed for the people who walked around with cellphones doing nothing but playing the hidind game. ypur house keeping team member according to her the boss practially broke down the door at 9am yelling at me that we had to be out by 10. she didnt even wait until I opened the door she did it herself.(terrible if she worked for me she woluld have been fired for her poor customer service) My fault every holiday inn we stay at check out time is 11am I had 2 sick family members one my wife both with 102 fevers. and 3 little ones to pack up alone agian my problem. when I was leaving I agian looked for a luggae cart which one of your male cleaning people told me was first floor got to first floor,where I met another cleaning person hiding in a room smoking this guy unloaded a garbage bin and told me to use it. NOT KIDDING at that point I couldnt leave fast enough. I ran into one of your engineers out front and had him come look at the conditions he was shocked i could tell his face turned red and he picked up the phone and called someone because 5 minutes later a team (5)of people showed up to clean. I watched they did nothing for 20 minutes with small brooms and then left. Just so you know we sent over to the Lake buena vista holiday inn and the place was very nice, pulled up to someone asking me if i needed help with the 12 bags of luggage which I accepeted he followed me to my car and helped me unload and brought up to room. the place was clean, the staff was very helpful, even the house keeping crew asked if we needed more towels, and wince we are gold elite members I was told that I had the option of a late check out. this is why we stay at holiday inns. Sorry for the bad review I am not this person but I was really looking foward to relaxing a little. John Licata New York

Room Tip: Dont stay in east village whatever you do.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Greetings, John. Thank you for giving us a thorough summary of your experience. We appreciate you joining us on one of our special promotions. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience in the East Village. We always want our guests to have a comfortable and relaxing experience, and while on site we encourage our guests to let us know how we can make that happen. All of our villages and villas are on strict renovation schedules to maintain the quality standards we strive to offer. Since our villas are much larger than traditional hotel rooms, we have set the check-in and check-out times to make sure we are able to provide the attention the villas need before check-in. Please know your feedback will be relayed to the proper teams and we hope that we have an opportunity in the future to host you and your family.
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Beautiful property. Nice rooms. Unplug your phone or you will get calls all morning starting at 8:30. Skip the Legends bar at the golf coarse, bad service and bad food.

Great value, just dodge the time share salespeople.

Room Tip: The East Village is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and welcome back from your stay with us. We’re so glad that the property met your expectations and gave you a relaxing vacation experience. Our resort offers tours that give more information on a flexible and better way to vacation. We encourage all of our guests to take this opportunity to learn more about what the Club offers and the lifetime of vacations it could bring. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here with our grown our two grown children, daughter in law and granddaughter. We had a two bedroom villa and it fit us all perfectly and comfortably. We stayed here due to a timeshare offer to visit the property and paid for the additional nights. While the rooms were comfortable, they are dated. When you tour the property they show you the luxary rooms and claim this is where you stay when you buy. My theory is, if you want me to buy you had better put me some place nicer than what you gave me. Needless to say, we didn't buy.

The villa was nice as it had its own driveway, which made for easy parking. I was very disappointed with the towles provided. They were paper thin and tiny. The two bedroom comes with a washer and dryer which was very nice and a full kitchen. We didn't use the kitchen at all except to store items in the fridge and we did use the coffee maker.

Due to a broken ankle, i prearranged to have an electric scooter delivered to the hotel on the date of our arrival. When I checked in, the hotel informed me they did not have it. They checked the warehouse, the front of the hotel, everywhere. I left the scooter a company a rather rude message, to find out the next morning the hotel did in fact have it, they just didn't know where it was when I checked in. Thank you, that was helpful.

On the upside it was nice for all of us to stay together. I understand the hotel amenities, pools etc are amazing. We didn't use them but they looked fantastic. The property is huge. If you need groceries, there is a target right down the street which has anything and everything you need. Travel to the disney parks each day was a breeze. The hotel does have transportation for about $15 per person that has to be preplanned to the parks, but it was cheaper to rent a car for the 6 of us than pay the $15 fee and this way we could be on our own schedule.

Another note, my husband left some clothes in one of hte dressers. He called the hotel, they found them and were very nice and sent them to us via UPS. Their service was excellent. All in all it was a great stay, i would stay again with family but if it were just a couple i would choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings! Thank you for your review, we love hearing from our guests. We appreciate you taking the opportunity to visit our property and join us on a tour. We apologize that we were unable to find a package for you that best fit your lifestyle. You’re right; our resort is great for families, and we’re so glad that we were able to host you all. Lastly, it’s so wonderful to see that our staff was prompt in returning your item that was left behind. Service is very important to us and our hope is always to exceed guests’ expectations. We hope that you join us again in the future to take part in all of the fun to be had at Orange Lake. See you soon!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family and I visited from England in December for 2 weeks. The stay was absolutely perfect. On arrival the hotel looked lovely and staff were so helpful, my only fault was that we were so tired after over 16 hours of travelling and they were trying to book us in on tours etc which was not the best time to do so. We got to our apartment and it was perfect, really clean and spacious (on 6th floor so had a lovely view). Everything we could have wanted was there- kitchen roll, loo roll, salt & pepper, washing up liquid and washing powder (the list goes on). After one week we had out bedding changed, bathroom and kitchen tidied by housekeeping. Great channels on the tv, all in all everything was just perfect. Unfortunately we didnt have time to see around the resort much but the beach bar seemed lovely at night with live music. Would definitely come back and recommend this to anyone. Thank you very much Orange Lake Resort!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Maria! Thank you for choosing to share your trip to Orlando with us. We're so pleased to hear your feedback. It looks like that we were able to give you just the comfort and relaxation you needed for your holiday. Although it seems you were quite tied up during your visit with the many things to do in Orlando, we hope to see you again soon to show you how much fun our on-site activities can add to your vacation!
Oswego, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Check-in was simple and the personnel were friendly but you need a car to go anywhere in this immense complex. Not an exaggeration. Want to go to the pool? You will likely need to hop in the car. Even if you are feeling froggy and want take a walk, there are very few sidewalks and the cars travel somewhat fast on the streets. The new pool area has a lot of things for kids. Like the blow up slide and the water slide, and the lazy river. Be ready to pay the fee. The plethora of hot tubs is a bonus.
The condo we stayed in was nice with comfy beds. The only real complaint I have about the condo is the pots/pans/dishes (no glasses ) left something to be desired. With a lot of meals we had to get creative with how to prepare them.
Nice place but too sprawled for my taste.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello there, Tim. Welcome back from your recent stay with us and thanks for sharing your thoughts. We see that your arrival at the property was a smooth one, and we’re so glad to hear you were offered friendly service. You’re right; our resort is much larger than the typical property. With the larger size, we find that we offer villas and villages that are tailored to different guest personalities. For transportation needs, the resort has a shuttle that runs on a dedicated route with many pick-up areas. This will easily get you to where you want to go without the need of a vehicle on property. We hope to see you again soon for more excitement in Orlando.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

You might want to call ahead of time to make sure your reservation is there. We arrived and it took them around 20 minutes to check us in as someone disappeared behind the check in counter doors to find out what was up. It is true that the time share tour counter is very rude. After the check in fiasco we just wanted to get to our room but were funneled through a line to talk to the time share folks. We were given a $20 gift certificate at check in but since we refused to talk to them they literally snatched it out of my hands! The resort rooms are smoke free but when we got to our room it stank of smoke. We asked for a different room and got one promptly.

The rest of the stay went well except for a cold evening when the heat went out. It was fixed quickly when I called.

The rooms are spacious with all the comforts of home and then some. The pools are beautiful, the lake amenities looked inviting (it was too cold when we were there to use them however). I loved the whirlpool bathtub. The bathrooms are large and could have had a tub for two in them but alas it was only for one.

One more tip: Unplug your room phone. It rang several times a day and messages were left for such oddities as the shrimp dinner special at a restaurant on site or the golf pro wanting you to make a tee time. We wanted to sleep in one morning and were awakened at 8:45 with such a message. Gimme a break!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi there, Jeff. We appreciate your review and the time you took to tell us more about your stay. We apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in; our resort does give an incentive to our guests at check-in that want to hear more about the exciting opportunities we offer through the Holiday Inn Club, a very flexible and fun way to vacation. We strive to offer accommodations that offer modern amenities and comforts of home, we feel that this really helps our guests kick back and relax while they’re with us. We're glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope to host you and your family again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!