“Great for kids & family!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 156 hotels in Kissimmee
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great for kids & family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here in March 2013 with another single Mom friend, and our daughters (1 each). I wish we would have spent more time at the resort to fully enjoy the pools and everything else it had to offer, but the theme parks called and we responded :-) I'd love to come back - we bought a week from a co-worker who owns a timeshare. We paid $900 for March Break 2013 but our room was overlooking the main highway. Other than that, we had a fantastic sized 2 bedroom condo, with a huge screened in balcony, and one bedroom was huge and had it's own access to the balcony, as well as a huge ensuite. Did I mention it was huge? It was open concept which made it easy to make meals and keep an eye on the girls. It also had a washer/dryer which made things so much easier! Check in and check out was a breeze, and when I "lost" my wallet/ID at Disney, my new credit card was couriered to the hotel and the hotel staff was excellent about making sure I got it the night before we were due to leave. Prices for drinks are kind of high, so if I came back I think I'd see if there was a pay one price deal, but the little shuttle that takes you around the resort is incredibly useful and seemingly always on time.

Would recommend this resort to families with young or middle or teen-aged children and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Don't know about the room numbers, sorry, we stayed near the highway, but if I return I would lo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello! It’s so good to hear about the details of your stay and experience at Orange Lake. We appreciate your detailed review and feedback for us. We’re all about helping our guests relax while they’re with us and it seems like our resort helped you do just that. Even though you didn't get a chance to take in too much of the resort, we hope that you give us the chance to host a vacation of yours again to show you how much fun it can truly be, hope to see you soon.

2,875 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great place to go and stay. Really large resort that requires a car to get around.
the lazy river is really nice, only bad thing is you have to pay for the tubes and you can't bring your own. Clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and welcome back from your recent stay. So glad to hear you had a great time. Our resort also offers a resort shuttle that runs throughout the entire day that will get you to all of the resorts villages and activities. We hope to see you again for more fun at Orange Lake!
Glen ellyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My spouse and I came here as a selection tour from our timeshare purchase. Great hospitality, amazing room and nice amenities.

We had so much fun in May, we brought our children and my mother in December. Tons of activities to keep everyone happy. If you bring a brood, grocery shop at the publix down the street and try to plan a menu if you will be here longer than 3 days.

Room Tip: Since we didn't want a lot of noise, we booked river island forest view. No noise from the pool...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi there! Thanks for sharing your experience; we’re so glad you chose us to host your family vacation. You gave some helpful tips for how guests can make the most of their stay with us, including utilizing your in-villa amenities. We are so glad to hear that your stay met your expectations and we hope to have you back soon!
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our River Island "Signature Collection" villa is beautiful! We are in a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa with high end furnishings. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything required to make a great meal on those days that your are just too comfortable to go out. From the furniture to the appliances to the linens -- everything is wonderful. We certainly feel comfortable and cozy in our home away from home. The concierge staff is so friendly and helpful. And, the pool, golf courses, restaurants, and nightly entertainment help us to feel so relaxed we may never want to leave!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Epcot Center allow you to see the nightly firework display from your balcony!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi Linda! Thanks so much for telling us about your stay. It’s great to see your experience met your expectations. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed your cozy River Island villa. It’s a great area of the resort with many things to see and do. Our staff is always willing to help with whatever may come up during your stay, with the goal of helping you relax. We hope to see you again soon for more fun with us!
Tioga, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our first time in Orlando with our 5 year old daughter. We had a one bedroom "apt." at the River Island side. It was clean, nothing too fancy. All of the amenities of an apartment were very useful! Having breakfast in our hotel room and making snacks for the day helped us save costs when visiting theme parks. We used the pool a bit. The lazy river was not so "lazy", as there was barely a current and you had to push yourself through it while getting wet... not my idea of R and R. It was nice to have a cashless plan, but items added up quickly. We used the miniature golf quite a bit and my daughter loved getting her hair braided. We said that if we go to Florida again, we would schedule one day to just stay at the hotel and enjoy the activities and pool more.

Room Tip: We had a room at River Island that you could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks at night. (not a great...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Greetings, Cynthia. Thanks for telling us about your stay, we love hearing from our guests! The amenities in the villas are meant to offer a home away from home experience and we’re so glad you found them useful. With plenty of activities on site, there’s tons of fun to be had at our resort without ever having to leave. We hope to see you again soon for more excitement in Orlando.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have owned a timeshare at Orange Lake for 20 years and it has always been great. The villas and condominiums are well kept and spacious and the response to any problems is very quick. The golfing facilities are excellent but some pools could be looked after better. There are many good restaurants in the vicinity and Orange Lake actually borders Disney World.

Local traffic on the 192 can be a problem but the local 429 toll road can be used to get round this. In fact the fastest way to Disney World is to take the toll road north and come off at the first exit turning right onto Western Way going east. At the junction with Osceola Parkway turn right for Animal Kingdom or left to World Drive and the other Parks. The 429 North can also be used to get to the Florida turnpike North. If you turn south on the turnpike it is a short drive to I4 and the Millennium Mall.

The 429 south takes you to I4 south and Tampa and the beaches or go North on I4 to the Central Florida Greeneway which takes you to Orlando International Airport. Good if there is total gridlock on 192.

The major problem at Orange Lake is the timeshare sales staff who I have to warn off on every trip.

However I am happy that they make continual upgrades and refurbishment on the property even though this can lead to disappointment when a facility is closed during a visit. This is much like Disney World and it is a necessity if you want the improvements.

All in all a very good property to stay at when visiting the Parks and we enjoy it just for relaxation.

Room Tip: I prefer one of the villas to the condos but I have stayed in almost all areas of the west and north...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi there! Welcome back from your recent stay. We’re so happy to have you as an owner with us, especially for so long. There’s no doubt that the resort has changed dramatically over the past 20 years, but we always want to make sure the villas are regularly renovated and are up to top quality standards. In addition, the area around the resort has grown as well and the major local attractions are easily accessible from resort’s central location. We can’t wait to see you again for another fun and relaxing visit.
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We did an RCI trade to Orange Lake to spend Christmas with our family. We reserved a 3 bedroom condo to accommodate our 3 adult children and ourselves. The rest of our family stayed in their time share at another resort on the other side of Disney.
We left the northeast in an ice storm and arrived on Dec. 22 in Orlando's 73 degree weather... happiness! After waiting a terrible amount of time for our Hertz rental we navigated to Kissimmee, stopped for dinner, shopped at the local grocery for a few essentials, and headed for Orange Lake check-in. There was no line, I stepped right up and was checked in very quickly. As a timeshare owner, I knew the next step was to the "activities" desk. I politely declined their pitch about saving money on excursions and resort amenities, as we were not going to use any of our vacation time on Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas on a timeshare tour. They called again the following morning, and we informed them that we own many weeks and were not interested in a tour, they never bothered us again.

We were amazed by the size of our condo in the East Village. Huge foyer, large master with en suite bathroom including garden tub, another huge room with a queen bed and 3/4 bath, and the third bedroom with 2 double beds and the 3/4 bath just outside this room. The great room with kitchen, living room and dining area were perfect for our family gathering. The kitchen was of a good size for a couple of cooks, but the appliances were quite old. The dishwasher did not clean well, and I wound up rewashing many dishes every time we used it. The electric can opener did not work, so we called and within minutes a hand operated one was delivered. (This is actually amazing considering the vastness of this resort.)

We visit many timeshares every year, and can say that this particular unit was very tired in comparison to most others we visit. My sister's family was at Vistana in the Falls section and their furniture was of better quality, their appliances were stainless and updated, and the counters were marble. Orange Lake was much older in appearance and the counters throughout were scarred and chipped. We did a lot of cooking for the family and entertaining, so the space far outweighed the fanciness of the unit.

Speaking of cooking, I was thrilled to know in advance that there was a standard size range in the unit. I used it to bake coffee cake, and we had a roast beef for Christmas dinner. My parents who live in Florida brought a few extra serving dishes and a hand mixer, but otherwise the 3 bedroom unit was able to accommodate all ten of us for our meals that day.

We did not use many of the resort's amenities, with the exception of the Lazy River pool area and one quick stop at the East Village hot tub. The lazy river was a lot of fun for our adult crew, and there were plenty of chairs and shade (not that I was looking for shade!) We had a drink at the pool and it was well made, and priced at resort pricing. We did not eat at any of the onsite restaurants so cannot comment. I was pleased to not deal with pool towel cards, but the pool towels were tiny. The activities crew send a voicemail each day to inform guests of that day's activities. The phone does not ring, you just notice the message light blinking and check the message... not intrusive at all.

We did spot an alligator at the pond beside our condo, and were treated to an adorable trio of Cranes as they walked between buildings. I am given to understand that they were a family including this past spring's chick who has now grown to adult size.

I had sent an email request that we have a room facing Disney fireworks and had been told that there were none available. We were pleasantly surprised that we could actually see the fireworks from our sixth floor patio... not a straight on view, but we could still see them in the distance!

Overall, I would recommend this resort to families looking for plenty of space, a fun pool experience, and reasonable access to attractions. There are plenty of stores nearby along with the usual chain restaurants. The cooking and storage are good, and having a washer/dryer is super. The East Village is very quiet. The lazy river and slides are fun, but I can imagine they would be crowded in warmer weather. The resort is vast, but there are shuttles running all day. We used our car to get around.

Room Tip: The East Village is on the golf course and is nice and quiet. Furthest from the main gate.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience and for allowing us to host you for your holiday getaway. We’re grateful for the time you took to give us the full highlights of your stay. It looks like you were able to take a lot in while in Orlando and even had time to make your villa a real home away from home. Our resort is tailored for all parties of all sizes. In every case, we offer a comfortable and spacious villa experience that will allow you to kick back and relax. Again, we hope that your stay with us gave you many memories to take with you and it would be great to see you again at Orange Lake. Thanks again!

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!