You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a top notch resort that offered us two bedrooms reasonably close to the theme parks. Traffic lights on 192 cause delays but the resort itself is splendid. Service quickly resolved issues with clothes dryer and hair dryer, and replenished supplies when needed. No complaints and would gladly stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello Raymond, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We thank you for allowing us to host your vacation in Orlando. We’re so happy to hear about the positive highlights of your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future. See you soon for some more vacation fun.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Spent 10 days at the resort from 11th December 2013 and have to say was very impressed. The 2 bed apartment we had was on the top floor of a block in the East Village. Clean, nicely furnished and a good size. The view from the balcony was over the Golf Course and there was a small swimming pool just over the road.The East Village is right at the back of the resort, but was perfect for us as it was very quiet.
I have to say after reading through the reviews on tripadvisor before traveling I was expecting to be constantly hassled by time share sales people, but this never happened. The whole experience form checkin to check out was a pleasure. The resort facilities are excellent and the staff friendly. We holiday in Florida every year and always stay in either an apartment or a villa. We would definetely return to Orange Lake and are looking to return in the summer.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were in Orlando with our children and grandchildren for one week. As we spent most of that time at Disneyland, we felt we could have used another week just to spend at the resort. There is so much to do. We loved the lazy river and minigolf. On our last evening we went down to the lake and saw what was there. It was already dark so we walked around in the water at the beach's edge. Then we noticed the sign about the alligators. Oops! However, it was beautiful down there and the music and entertainment at beach side were great. The golf course was beautiful and we enjoyed our walks around the resort. We did have a few problems but, given the size of the resort, they are to be expected. The unit was beautiful. We requested a view of DisneyWorld for the fireworks and it was granted. Only the second time I have had a request granted. Thank you to the resort management. However, the elevator broke down one day with us in it. We were only stuck about fifteen minutes but it is amazing how humid and hot it can get in that time. Someone came and fixed it but we never used it again. We also had a fire alarm at 8 in the morning and had to evacuate. The fire appeared to be in the laundry room of the building but must have been only smoke as it was quickly solved. As the resort is right next to a lot of wilderness and swamps, you will find animals present on the resort. We saw an alligator which was great. We also saw a rattlesnake on the way to the pool right by the sidewalk which wasn't so good. The small pool was also very nice and convenient. There are many, great activities on the resort to keep everyone busy. My grandchildren were only two and five but they loved it. Because of the elevator and fire alarm problems management gave us golf for two, tubes for the lazy river, golfing, and then asked if there was any more they could do for us. We were very happy with their response. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Find lots of time to spend at the resort as there is so much to do.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s always great to hear from our guests. It sure looks like you were able to explore the resort and take in a lot of what it has to offer. We’re also glad to see that you utilized the resort's location to your advantage when heading to the attractions. Although we are disheartened to hear about some of your experiences, we are so glad to see our staff took action and resolved them to your satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon for more vacation fun at Orange Lake!
Billerica, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I just left Orange lake to go home I had a great time. The only thing that wasn't great was that it's a cash free thing only credit cards are accepted and you can charge it to your room. They are fine for taking your money but I don't have a credit card so they gave me a gift card, I asked for a total of $8.00 but I had to use a 10. They don't have change. After you check in you are taken over to a sales person, they give you low priced passes for any amusement parks, then they say that tomorrow morning at about 8 they will be giving a tour around River Island which is their water park. They say that it is supposed to be 90 minuets. Then it turns out that they make you go on a tour for a timeshare. For the timeshare they take you to the penthouse suit, we knew that we would never stay in they suite. The price for a timeshare just in General was in a large range between $15,000 and $50,000 we didn't take the the offer and the people that did got a shuttle ride to their cars but we were with a few others and the sales people were mad at us, so we didn't get a ride so they made us walk and search for our cars. I had to leave early because of my flight but the rest of the resort was nice, the water park was really nice, they talk about how they have a slide that is 3 stories high but that was no where to be found. Our room was supposed to be on river island we ended up with a highway view but I guess your supposed to request the room. I was in a 2 bedroom villa it was amazing it had a big kitchen and a washer drier, balcony, 2 large full baths, living/dining room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hi there Tim, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re so happy to hear that your villa and experience at our resort was great overall. We always try to make sure that our guests are informed prior to arrival to ensure a flawless visit and we apologize for any miscommunication regarding our cash policy on site and our sales tours. You’re right, our tours are meant to share a better and more flexible way to vacation for guests to our property. We’re sorry to hear that our team was unable to find a package that fit your lifestyle. We hope that we get an opportunity host you on a future stay to show you how fun vacationing with us can be.
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Superior service, beautiful grounds, comfortable units, good restaurants. A variety of pools. Two eighteen golf courses, one medium, one a real challenge, and a ni e hole par three. Close to Disney. One of the nicest places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greetings! Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We love to hear from our guests and it’s super to see the positive feedback about your stay. We welcome you back for a return visit for some more vacation fun at Orange Lake Resort!
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

As a IHG member, I do try to stay in any of the IHG accommodations, if the price and location make sense, and I am glad that I stayed at the Orange Lake Resort. I was travelling with my sister, her 3 children, my mother and my boyfriend. Thus we needed an accommodation that we could all fit into comfortably and the two bedroom villa at Orange Lake was great for that!

The Villa: The two bedrooms villa comes with a sizable kitchen, complete with oven, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. There are also toaster, coffeemaker, and blender which was promptly put to good use in fixing meals and snacks for the family. There is also a washer and dryer which took care of most of the laundry for our stay. The resort provides all the detergent, dish-washing stuff, coffee, etc (at no charge). All we had to do is to call them to inform them of what we ran out of and they will have the stuff delivered to villa. For a 8 days stay with a bunch of children, we made a number of these calls and received the requested items very quickly too. There is a nice dining room with a table for 6 but could definitely squeeze in more if needed. The living room is also nice and comfortable and it opens out to the backyard. As we were there in Dec, we did not use that space in the back of the villa. The rooms are nice and comfortable, each with their own bathrooms. The main room has a king bed while the second room has 2 queen (maybe full size?) beds, which allowed my sister to sleep with two of her children ( 6 and 9 yrs old) in the same bed. Generally, the villa looks well-maintained and clean. There are enough of everything from towels to plates and cups for a party of 8 or more. Plus the response time for the resort staff to meet our requests are short and prompt hence we have no problems in this area. If there is one gripe that I have to make about the villa, it is the fact that the bathrooms are small. For a nice room villa, it is kind of disappointing to have such a small bathroom with small tubs. Even though the bathroom in the master bedroom has Jacuzzi jets, it is either long or deep enough for one to truly enjoy the effects.

The resort: The villa I had was in the West village which is close to the reception building, pool and the main gate to the resort. This is nice as it save us time from having to wind around in the maze of buildings. We did not use much of the resort facilities (we were out every day) but the children did make use of the pool once (not the lazy river) and they enjoyed it. My boyfriend used the gym and he had no complaints. The surroundings within the resort also look nice and well-maintained which is nice.

The location: Love the location! This is a great place to set up base if you are planning to spend a lot of time in Disney World , which we did. The resort is around 10 minutes away from the 4 theme parks and we love getting to the parks early in the morning just before they open,hence by being so close, all of us could get in as much rest and sleep before having to drive to the parks. In addition, there were a couple of days where my family were too tired to spend the whole day in the parks, we could easily drive them back to resort and head back to the parks again. It is also close to one of the Premium Outlets mall which will be great for those who like shopping and needs a break from the parks. There are also plenty of eating places nearby, with supermarkets, Super Target, etc. Hence options are available if you want to eat out or cook.

Conclusion: I will definitely choose to stay there again if I am travelling with my family to Disney World.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello there and welcome back from your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your experience. It’s great to hear that our resort met your expectations and you were able to spend eight days to take a lot in. For a larger party such as yours, we’re so glad that your villa and amenities helped you to relax and enjoy. In addition to the many activities and fun to do on site, our resort is very close to many local restaurants, attractions, and shopping. Our goal is to allow our guests to stay “close to the action” in Orlando and still have lots of fun on site when they want to lounge on property. We hope to host you and your family again for more vacation fun in the future. Thanks again!
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family is currently staying at Orange Lake. We have stayed at this resort 6 times over the last 8 years and couldn't wait to return! We're on a 2 week vacation (a first for our family) and since this resort was unavailable for Christmas Week, we stayed at a different resort last week and checked in here this past Friday.
Let's start with Check-In. Check -In took 2 hours!!!! Apparently the RCI and Orange Lake computer systems don't communicate well with one another, so we were sent back and forth between offices while they tried to sort it out. Our reservation was for a villa in the West Village, as stated on our confirmation email. We have always stayed in West Village when we've been here, but due to the computer confusion, we were inadvertently switched to a building in East Village. Our kids favorite memory of this place was waking in the morning to find large crane type birds strolling by the window, white frogs on the porch and raccoons later in the evening. NOPE - wont see any of that in East Village, because it is completely over-run by giant turkey vultures swarming the back of the resort and perched on the rooftop at all times of the day - it's creepy and disturbing! The room is clean but has sugar ants. Our food is sealed in containers or bags, but the ants still appear on the countertops. THE BED IS HARD AS A ROCK! I remember getting a lovely nights sleep in West Village, but this bed has ruined our vacation - literally. My back and my husband's back have been so sore since we got here. Our backs are on fire when we wake in the morning and it makes for a long painful day! And here is my biggest pet peeve about this place, which I have felt since the beginning - Charging guests to use the tubes that go to the lazy river????????? Really????? That's like offering guest an in-room shower and making them pay for their towels!!! We have stayed at many resorts that offer a lazy river and NONE of them charge for tubes. In fact, most will let you use your own floatation device. I can see where they would charge for the "hippo slide" and the golfing - sort of.......because those amenities are also free at resorts like Wyndham Bonnet Creek. That has always bothered me here since I have small children and the water in the river is over their heads at certain points, I've always felt that they should at least afford small children with them as a safely measure. It's too bad that we stayed at Bonnet Creek first, because my kids have done nothing but complain since we got here and I'm not about to pay $54 a day so that we can use their tubes for a couple hours and our backs hurt so badly that we are contemplating leaving early - a shame since we payed so much to stay here! After 8 great years and thoughts of eventual ownership - I'm sad to say that I don't see a return visit in our future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so glad to have you as a return guest on multiple occasions. It’s great to see that you have relied on us time and time again to provide you and your family with a quality vacation experience, but we are disheartened to hear about some of the events during your stay. Quality accommodations, efficient service, and attention to detail are things we take very seriously so it’s disappointing that we didn't meet those expectations this trip. We’re all about providing a relaxing vacation experience and encourage all guests to help us in getting them comfortable during your stay so their fun can begin. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation and concerns, we have contacted you through private message. Thank you very much again for your candid feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!