We stayed at this resort from Sept. 22 to Sept 19 and had 2 units on the east side of the resort.
This is the second time we stayed in this resort via RCI as a time share vacation exchange, so it is a nice resort. Let's divide the review into 2 parts, the nice one and the not so nice one:
The nice side:
This resort is huge; you can drive inside the resort a few good miles. We are not golf players but it is probably a paradise resort for golfers. The hotel resort is actually inside a big golf resort so all is very green and well maintained. The units are big nice and do have all you will need for a family stay.
In our unit we had 2 bad rooms with 2 bath rooms, a large dining and leaving room and the kitchen was fully equipped. A small safe, washing and drying machine are also in the unit.
Each room had a TV (Old style in the rooms & flat screen in the leaving room.
Everything related to the unit is on the very positive side. The resort location is minutes from all the Walt Disney attractions and all the other central Florida attractions.
On the not so nice side:
about 5 years ago we visited this location and had real bad experience with what is called an introduction presentation to convince you to buy a time share unite. It was a real painful process which I will skip the details. This time we came in minded that we will skip upfront any request to participate in this painful presentation. Well, we managed to skip it but we were "forced" to participate in a pre-effort to get us into what they call a "VIP" one hour presentation.
I will describe the process we went trough which is very carefully planed to "by the way" get us into the presentation - when we checked in, the front desk lady advised us that we entitled to get a $20.00 voucher for each unit, we had 2 units so 2 vouchers of $ 20.00, Nice right,(not in reality). The front desk lady told us that in order to activate the voucher we need to go to Mr.... and he will do it for us. When we went to Mr .... he forwarded us to another individual and her we got started with a real pressing type welcome. We were pushed very hard and aggressively to participate in the "one hour" sale presentation in order to get all kind of "discounts" for the amenities in the resort. I will not get into the very detailed discussion but will mention only one that is really a shame for Holyday Inn. The resort has a nice pool with a nice water channel that you can float around slowly on an air tube. When we visited the resort a few years ago entering the pool was free but there was a fee to rent an air tube. This time during the "pre-presentation" we were told very clearly that getting into the pool will cost us over $50.00 (I do not remember the exact no.) but if we participate in the one hour presentation it will cost only $18.00 for each person (We were 7 so a $126.00 total cost). We asked twice, is the pool not free and the reply was, no it is not free anymore like in the past. After 4 days in the resort I got a phone call from a nice lady asking me if everything is OK and if we need anything. During our conversation I mentioned to here about the pool charge and she told us that getting in the pool is steel free the only cost is renting the air tubes. Well, we lost 4 days of using the pool.
By the way, the $20.00 voucher are only good if you use one of the charged amenities in the resort like the Mini golf and so on they are not good for food or anything ells to purchase in the resort shops. They were basically useless and meant mainly to get you into the "VIP" presentation. My suggestion to anyone who plane to be in this resort, skip the $20.00 voucher staff get your room keys and walk out so you will not have to go through this painful and very frustrating process.
We visited the resort via RCI but I am Platinum Holiday inn member so I have a personal message to Holiday Inn - Shame on you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando