“fabulous... Amazing!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“fabulous... Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is beautiful... It is soooooo big that in order to get to the lazy river you have to take a shuttle that is on the ground. this is a time share place but we were only there for two days, and when we told them that we had every min planned, they left us alone.

The rooms are great. We originally were suppose to have a regular room, with no kitchen just a microwave and mini fridge. We got upgraded to a kitchenette room/ 1 bedroom suite.

there is a lot of walking, the grounds are beautiful , there is enough places to take beautiful pictures, Just beautiful ...

one thing that is important is that they resort does not have everyday make up service.. they do not clean rooms every day. They only clean them when you depart. So you have to kind of make up ur bed everyday and if there is garbage to take out you have to leave it out in the hallway every morning. If you have to have your bed made up you have to call the front desk and have a time set up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I read many of the reviews for this place before I decided to book it. It was definitely a tough call as the reviews were very mixed. But I do appreciate the sharing of all who have gone before and would like to have my say now.

The lines were long when I got there about 4 but the great thing about the process was there were drinks (water and maybe some other juice) and beer! This certainly helped one to forget about the long lines.

When we went into the room, we were a bit disappointed as it was facing the inside courtyard. I called up the reception and I must say that I was fortunate that they were not all booked up and they moved us. Thanks for that.

The place is huge but even without a car I was able to get around the complex with the shuttle that can literally drop you in front of your door (I moved to a house unit when my sister and her family came to join me). I was also able to get to the Publix Supermarket with the shuttle taking me to the gate near it and walking about 5 minutes. There were also restaurants near here.

So all great so far until we got to the LAZY RIVER. This is one of the things that has been mentioned here many times. It is supposedly free of charge but you need to pay for the tubes. Easy right? If I want to enjoy a long walk around the river or use my own tubes, is that allowed? The answer that day was NO. YOU MUST PAY. However, when I wrote later to the hotel, they assured me it was free as long as I do not get the tubes. I emailed back and requested that their employees be trained well enough so they understand the rules. I have not heard back from them since end of August. I was patiently waiting for a reply before submitting this review, however, their time has run out.

It was certainly a pity to have this one single incident that was exceptionally unpleasant happen to my family when I was not around. It certainly spoiled the mood of the vacation. Pity that all are not as well trained as the people at Front Desk and the drivers of the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks from aug 20th - 3rd sept. Was very sceptical when arriving as theres mixed reviews, however was surprised how lovely it is. Hotel was pretty hard to find, even using the sat nav. Just find 192 west this should lead you to the right direction roughly 25-40 mins away from the airport. Fantastic hotel, so much to do here, we only spent minimal time here as we were too busy at the parks so I can't comment much on the hotel and amenities (pools were lovely) you'll get lost here lol. However we were not scared of by the sells team (tine shate) they did call us the day we checked in and I just said sorry not interested, didn't hear from them again - not pushy at all. We stayed in a one bed room in the west village club house, room was reasonable had everything we needed, clean and the staff were all friendly. Enjoy your stay!! We had a fantastic time..

• Stayed August 2013
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at Orange Lake in the West Village the first week of September. I did an exchange from my home resort to stay here and wish I hadn't. I don't know how the other villages are, but the West Village must have been the first of the villages built because the furniture was very shabby to the point where it should be thrown out. The bed in the master bedroom was sunken in and squeeked when sat on. The clothes dryer shuts off when it got too hot. The water pressure was very low in the shower. Hair was in the unit's shower and the kitchen floor was not swept. You have to be very careful opening up the front door because lizards and frogs in front of the door waiting to run in. We had to chase down a frog in our unit and my brother with his family next door had to chase down three lizards and a frog in theirs. This resort in no way measured up to the Silver Lake Resort that I exchanged for it. Will never stay in the West village again. Oh and almost forgot to mention the day it rained and there was no wii fii or TV service in the Village during the whole day.

Room Tip: Don't stay in West Village
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very clean and cashless resort. You dont have to carry any money on the property at all,just your card/key to the room/apartment. Even if you do not have your card,you can still get lunch coffee etc by answering a few security questions. Starbucks on site, a clean towel collection and drop off by the pools makes pool life easy. Only one attempt to have a tour of site when you first check in.[Timeshare] but no further attempts after that point.A very professional set up i would doubt if there is any complaints but no doubt would be dealt with very quickly. Very close to Disney and the kids loved the pools,lazy river and slides at the site itself so much that days could be spent onsite and did i mention STARBUCKS ! on site, If i had to be really picky about something it was the pillows where too big so one was not enough and two gives you neck ache, and thats it the place is FANTASTIC !!!!

Room Tip: You would want to be situated riverside as the properties are newer and closer to lazy river.So dare...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The grounds are very large, there is a lot of traffic late into the night.
There are 7 swimming pools and 3 slides, lazy river ( have to pay to rent the tubes for the lazy river) There were fitness centers, game rooms, children activities, adult activities, water activities, something for everyone.
We took the extended family with young children and they had a blast, close to Walgreen's, Target, Publix, restaurants are close, there are also some on-site.
Our villa was pretty, clean, and had everything you needed to cook at the villa, I took a few kitchen things that I needed in the past at other rentals and surprisingly I didn't need any of my own things. There was plenty of dish soap and dishwasher soap, laundry soap, coffee for the coffeemaker, extra trash bags, plenty of towels, there were eight of us and we stayed 3 nights and had plenty of everything!

Room Tip: Villa patio's back up to golf course, can be hit by a golf ball.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Evesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent base for visiting Orlando, Disney, etc. Villas are gorgeous, well furnished, spacious - probably the best we have stayed in. The resort is a series of villages which you need a car to get round (they do have a bus round the resort if you wish), but limited choices of dining/drinking/supermarket venues. Great system of free refills all week once you have bought your bottle. Wouldn't necessarily buy the extra ticket for the water slides, etc, we had fun without it, but maybe with little kids??? Golf course looked amazing (don't actually golf) and the wildlife is great - saw an armadillo, egret and sand crane.

Room Tip: North village doesn't have a lot of restaurants, but good quiet pool, West Village is where rece...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!