“Never Even Made It To The Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Houston, Texas
“Never Even Made It To The Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Immediate confusion and dismay. I called 6-18-2013 to make a reservation the operator at IHG reservation informed me that she could place a 24 courtesy hold on the specific room of my choice. I was please due to I was still deciding where I would like to stay. In processing my hold she actually placed the reservation instead of submitting the hold and charged my card the necessary deposit fee. Good thing I have notification set on my credit card to notify me of any charges over a certain amount or I would not have known that there was a charge made. I immediately call them back of course the rep could not cancel or reverse the charges I was directed to call the hotel. I did and the agent there informed me they had no such 24 hour hold policy but she would be glad to cancel the reservation however I now have to wait for my card to be charged and then reversed which I was informed this could take up to 10 days. It didn’t take 10 days to charge my card so it shouldn’t take that long to credit it. After this debacle I still considered this hotel for my vacation. So the next morning after reviewing hotel customer reviews of various locations. I narrowed my choice to 2 hotels. I called the IHG reservation line to inquire again. This time I had specific questions due to my research. Like are the resort fees included in my price (Surprisingly they were), are there any additional direct hotel usage fees that is not listed (there are additional charges for almost everything), is this a special rate that requires me to listen to this time share spill (I think that it was). But of course I was directed again to the hotel to answer these questions. I again call the hotel directly the receptionist was pleasant but very rushed in her conversation. (Her reasoning was that management didn’t like them to be on the phone very long explaining details to customers this should be handled w/reservations) eventually she was able to answer my questions and even viewed some of the room rates however her pricing and IHG pricing was different. ( Maybe if the buck would have stopped with her I would have confirmed reservations but she had to transfer me back to IHG (reservations) while speaking to this person she reviewed the rates again. While discussing package options I informed her that I might book through a 3 party site due to I could get a collected hotel and flight price. She then informed me that wasn’t a good idea because the 3 party reservations are only for standard rooms (regardless of what my confirmation states) and I would be subjected to only get a standard room even though I may have paid for a 2 bedroom villa. Her words and I quote “You will only be guaranteed the room of your choice if you book with us directly; if you go through a 3rd party you will get what is left available once you arrive. REALLY!!!! She just made my decision that much easier. I was leaning toward really staying here because of the additional amenities like the beach water sports, the wave pool, mini golf and I didn’t have an issue with paying the additional fees. But I am a stickler for service and don’t mind paying for it but if my 1st experience with just the phone reps are like this I can only imagine what the rest of my experience would be like. Sincerely Dissatisfied Potential Customer Lost Before I Was An Actually True Customer. Such A Shame.

Room Tip: If you ask more than 1 question beware
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent experience with our property and IHG. We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel your request to stay was not treated with the care and concern that our guests have come to expect from our staff. While you are correct that it does not take ten days to place a charge on a debit or credit card, bank policies dictate when a refund is released. We sincerely apologize for any confusion you may have felt in dealing between the two reservation agents. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation we have attempted to contact you through private message. We look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a super gorgeous hotel, it is worth every penny we paid. The king suite was as big as a small apartment. It had a full kitchen with all utensils and cooking pots, even dish washing liquid and kitchen cloths. It had a nice dining table, a living room, a super big bathroom with tub and a king bed. We had a nice space between the bathroom and the bedroom with extra sink and mirror. We had 2 tv's and a DVD player and a balcony that allow us to see the beautiful scenery and the golf course. We had washing machine, dryer and detergent.

We had a pool right there. The place is super clean and we had a great experience. We will be back, and we will try to use their pools (many pools around the resort) and many other activities they scheduled every day. We didn't had time because we went on a set scheduled to visit all the parks in 7 days.

I will recommend this place to anyone that loves to stay in a place that feels like home, that is clean and that you feel secure.

LOVE IT. We loved to sit down in the balcony and watch the sunset, it was perfect!!!

PD- I have to say, that in the living room you have a sofa bed...but we tried sleeping there while watching tv...not recommended... very uncomfortable. So if you need more than a king bed, better to choose a two bedroom suite instead of a one bedroom suite.

Room Tip: We stayed in the North Village and it was great because the pool was right there...by the building p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi there, it’s so wonderful to hear from you all about your recent getaway with us. You give a great overview of what guests can expect from a stay with us. Next time, make sure to give yourself the time you deserve to relax and spend time exploring the resort. We’re happy you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon.
harveys lake pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I don't understand all of the "excellent reviews". Let me start by warning you that they charge extra for EVERYTHING! We even got charged for extra toilet paper. The WIFI SUCKS. Keeps kicking you off, and signal is very weak. To print out our boarding passes it cost me $10 because you have to buy cards and charge them up to use the computers and printers. .25/minute for the computers and .75/ page for printing. It cost so much because 2 of the 4 computers that they have froze up and I ran out of minutes! They do have passes that you can buy for all of the extras like the hippo slide and the lazy river and the miniature golf. Unlimited passes were $54/person for 3 days. Single tickets are $9/person to rent a tube for the lazy river. (you don't need a tube, but you have to pay for it any way.) We did not play miniature golf, so I don't know about that. The hippo slide was $9/person for 1 hour. They have an all day pass, but don't remember what the price was. We were in the main building in room number 5288. Nice location, right next to the door to the lobby. Laundry room was down the hall, and it was FREE. Room was ok...a little outdated in my opinion, but clean and spacious. 2 burner stove, dishwasher, medium size fridge and toaster and coffee maker. (2 packs of coffee, and then you have to buy your own.) They have a Starbucks coffee machine on the lower level..$2.25/cup, but it was not working half of the time. As always in these places, soda machines and snack machines are outrageous. Buy in the Market place, but that was still outrageous...$4.59 for a single size bottle of Gatorade. We ate in 2 of the restaurants and the food was very good. Very big resort. You have to drive or take their shuttle to make your way around. The STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY. Not one rude person on the staff ! A bit of a drive to Universal parks (40 minutes)..about 20 to Disney parks. We like to try out new properties when we go to Disney, but have to be honest. We would probably not stay here again...Had a better time at the Blue Heron in Lake Buena Vista.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear lovehotels_9,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind remarks for the staff. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, please accept my deepest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Kissimmee you will give our resort another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Midland, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First, the unit itself is nice. We stayed on River Island, and it was a newer unit with modern furnishings and above all, a FULL washer and dryer! That's important! However:
1. Check in was terrible. We were taken to one of their dungeon masters for the hard sell. He tried to get us on their tour. We said no. He accepted superior to us, asking us why we wouldn't take his tour. We again said no. He became flustered, raising his voice to us while still telling us how great the tour is and how we can get free days for River Island. We said no again. Then, he ripped a site information sheet away from us (that he had given to us), wadded it up in front of us and ignored us from that point on. Needless to say, that colored the rest of our stay and we tried to stay away from their staff at all times.

2. River Island is NOT a water park. It has two pools, two very small water slides, and a facsimile of a lazy river for which they charge nine dollars for tubes. Complete rip-off, and we avoided that quickly (and this was the reason for staying at River Island, which costs more...)

3. It is far away from EVERYTHING except a few strip malls. They say that it is close to Disney. Close is not a great word there. First, the unit itself is 10 minutes from the highway. You wind your way through other units, condo streets, and what looks like permanent housing. It takes forever to wind through all of the impediments to finally find your building. If you're going to Disney, prepare to take 30 minutes going through part of the town, multiple lights, never ending traffic, and then FINALLY finding the turn-off to get ON the Disney property, and of course you're still 20 minutes from the MK at that point (at least). This is just not a great resort, and a terrible location.

Room Tip: the River units are a waste of money. Ask them for the units closest to the highway.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place blew my mind. Check-in was a bit long but the location and room made up for it. We had a group of 10+ and the room we booked were awesome. Spacious with a full kitchen, three baths, three rooms and a laundry closet. Though we only stayed for a night, if I knew the rooms were this good, my family and I would of have booked this location first.

Con: Check-in was super long. Bugs will begin to invade the pool at night. The TV is still a CRT. Our toaster was broken. Our location from the main pool was far but our pool that next to us made up for that. Only one way in and one way out of the resort. Our laundry unit didn't work well.
Pro: The staffs were nice. the bed were good and the full sized kitchen was sweet.

This place is awesome. Will return back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the main pool.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wonderful place! We had a great time! Very clean. Excellent staff. Lazy river and pools were wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. There is so much to do on the property that you don't even need to leave but if you do Disney and Universal are just a stones throw away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bedforshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a 2 bed villa for 5 nights in June. We requested a room in the north village which we were allocated. The villa was of an excellent standard for a resort managed property. 2 good sized bedrooms, massive master ensuite. All mod cons you would exoect at home.

The resort itself is massive! You literally need a car to go anywhere unless you are staying right next to one of the pools or don't mind working up a sweat walking.
River island had a great pool which my kids loved. Pool at the north village was quiter but still had a waterslide. Pool are open till10pm which is nice after a night at the park.

We didn't eat in the resort as normally got something out but appears to be plently to choose from.

One pet hate are the time share reps. We had read reviews beforehand so was prepared to been hounded. They start as soon as you check in and my only advice is to be firm!! You will probably have to say the word no 10 x before they realise you mean no.

This is the sort of resort you would feel happy to spend a whole day having a day off from the theme parks in. Plently to keep the kids entertained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!