“PRETTY MUCH AN "ALL IN ONE" PROPERTY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 156 hotels in Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
“PRETTY MUCH AN "ALL IN ONE" PROPERTY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here last year (on a "groupon") deal with two other adults and three grandkids. Chose the River Island section as it is the newest one, and also has the most activities. Very fun place, especially for the kids. Very much a self contained location as there are numerous activities, restaurants, lounges, and even a market within the Orange Lakes complex. This place is pretty large, and although there is an in house shuttle service, having a vehicle here at your disposal is pretty much a necessity. There was enough to do here to keep everyone happy without venturing out to any major attractions.

Room Tip: Although it costs a little more, choosing the newer River Island section makes sense.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

2,878 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
Dallastown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was definately not impressed with the resort. It does have it's pros and cons:
Pros: Close to Disney attractions, pool and lazy river were enjoyable, suite was clean and spacious, micro and fridge in suite, plenty of parking, grounds were well maintained and clean.

Cons: No housekeeping throughout our stay, you have to launder your own towels, beds were VERY uncomfortable (stopped by guest services and let them know the beds need to be replaced-there was a crator in one of the beds where your butt would fit into and she smirked and dismissed my complaint), only 1 oval mirror in bathroom-most places have a full size mirror, I stopped at the ticket desk to get tickets to Universal Studios and they wanted to charge me an additional $10 per ticket so I asked them why they were more expensive then when I looked online the previous week. He told me the ticket prices just went up LIAR!! I purchased our tickets when we got to Universal and I questioned the lady at the ticket booth, the prices did not recently increase.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear boxerluver13

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is important in our conitnuous drive for excellence. We are glad that you liked our location.

I am disappointed that you had some issues with our housekeeping services and with the beds. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We assure you that your experience was not the standard operating procedure in our hotel, as such, your comment will be looked into to ensure that same scenario will be avoided in the future.

Your comments are important as it is our primary resource in im improving our services. While we understand that your experience is not 100% satisfactory, we still hope that you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
El Paso, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Were to begin... first of all I thought by staying at this resort my family and myself would enjoy our sons first trip to Disneyland, but it was a nightmare and I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

My father got bit by bed bugs since the very first night, but we had never even considered bed bugs we just thought he had been bit by mosquitos, so we did not report it. My sister did not notice the bites until she got back home and called me and told me she had gone to the dermatologist and the Dr told her she got bit by bed bugs.

I contacted Orange Lake Resort and they tested the room we had stayed at and it came back POSITIVE for bedbugs, so what would be the right thing for them to do....at least refund our money for the nights we stayed there right....WRONG.... all they did was offer me $200.

Now my family and I had never even heard of bedbugs so once we started researching about them we came to find out they can hitch rides on your luggage and clothing, so we asked Orange Lake Resort to have our homes tested for bedbugs and again they refused.... they claim to be family oriented when they try pushing their time share sales on you but when it comes down to it all they care about it the all mighty dollar.

3 months later we have still not been able to get a refund we have contacted the BBB and they were also unable to fix anything so needless to say I will NEVER stay at a hotel, resort or anything that has to do with Holiday Inn even if I have to pay more because bedbugs are disgusting and this whole ordeal has caused us nothing but stress and distrust not knowing if we did bring bed bugs back from our vacation or not....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the River Island area of the resort and it was right next to the pool with the 1/2 mile long lazy river. There was so much to do at the resort, I was blown away - waterslides, mini golf, the pool, the lazy river, restaurants, water fountains, sandy beach area, and an arcade. We could have never left the resort if we didn't want to; but we came to Orlando to go to Disney, which was 6 miles away. Perfect location to go to the parks, but plenty to do at the resort. Also, wifi was everywhere.

Room Tip: Try to stay at River Island, if you can - it's the one with the most ammenities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well I live in Kissimmee but since our pool wasn't working we decided to take the kids 2 Orange Lake. I did not expect to be blown away like I was! We had a 2 bedroom villa with a view of the golf course. The room was very clean with no smell or anything. There is nothing bad to mention. We were not prepared to really enjoy the room seeing how we were only there for the pool so it was a nice treat. After a long check-in, we rushed to River Island trying to catch the watersides for the boys but no luck on that. However the lazy river was pretty cool for the little ones. The deepest part of the entire pool is about 4 feet so me and my 6'4 frame didn't get wet much. We are going back for sure for a longer stay just to get to enjoy the resort because its so much there that we didn't get to do. Highly recommend it! Have fun!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi there and welcome home from your recent vacation getaway with us. It’s always nice to be able to welcome our neighbors and fellow Floridians when they are looking to get away and escape. We’re pleased that you and your boys were able to find the areas of the resort that fit your vacation style. You couldn’t give us any higher compliment than a return stay, and we would love to welcome you back anytime. See you soon!
Canton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our family stayed in a 3BR-East Village over Memorial Day. No special resort activities were planned for this day which was odd.Loved our spacious and spotless condo!Cons:Outdated tube TV's in the bedrooms & older appliances. We had a microwave repair(very fast service!),only 2 burners on stove worked, blender had burning smell, dishwasher bottom rack broken&soap disp wouldn't stay shut-didn't report these but I am confident that they would have fixed them promptly.

I wish that I had time to read reviews before our stay because I would have expected the $54.95/per person to use a raft on Lazy River, Putt Putt, Hippo Slide. When guests arrive, they are tired from traveling. No one wants to begin their vacation haggling about timeshare presentations. If you didn't commit to a time on the spot, the offer to reduce the $54.95 was off.Plan on spending 2-3 hours. I will say that we had the best rep, his name was LEN. Very intelligent in all areas. So we did not feel that we wasted our time but could have done without the 2nd, 3rd, 4th sales pitch.That became annoying & we were on the verge of becoming upset. At the END, you finally received some fruit & pastries & a cash refund to offset the $54.95 charged upfront,credit of your $30 tour deposit & a worthless coupon book. The entire tacky process needs to be changed!

Lazy River was great but too crowded and not supervised well. More employees are needed to control the kids throwing balls. I was hit in the head twice. We have kids also but they are not wild. Also adults were standing in one place drinking so you had to go around them.
All in all our stay was very enjoyable and relaxing. The shuttles were wonderful. The employees were all pleasant and work very hard at this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cumberland, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay. very close to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc... Been going here for years. the good thing about the resort is you don't have to leave. they basically have there own little waterpark. great price also.

Room Tip: cant go wrong with a 2 bedroom villa
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hi there and welcome home from your recent stay with us. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our guests enjoyed their vacations with us. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we hope to see you back again soon for more vacation fun.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!