My wife and are have been owners at Orange Lake since the early 90's. For years we banked our time and traded to different resorts including Thiland, Hawaii and the United Kingdom. About 7 years ago we decided to start returning to Orange lake where we always stay in the West Village. We always have a relaxing time. The decor and decorating is upgraded and these condos meet our needs - afternoon sun on the back deck - we stay in 2267 or in that immediate area.
I enjoy the golf courses, my wife relaxes in the yard and takes long walks on the property. We enjoy going out for dinners out on the 192 Highway were all the large chain restaurants are ( Long Horn, Outbacks, Carrabbas and many others). We rarely eat at the resort restaurants as they tend to be more expensive than off the resort.
We have always had a relaxing holiday at Orange Lake with the exception of the time share update. They say they want 90 minutes of your time - that is not in the least bit accurate. We have been subjected to those meetings most extending beyond 2 hours , that after being told we had appointments ( tee-time). This year we waited in a hallway for 25 minutes after our scheduled time - we were the first couple to arrive for the "update". Sales staff were meandering in the sales room for those 25 minute - they blamed it on a a computer problem - likely story they always keep you cooling your heels in the lobby waiting for the meeting - a pyscholgical ploy. Sometimes they do pass on some relevant information like the year they were offering the points program but it is esseentially a hard nosed sales pitch were they will not take no for an answer. When checking in at the resort and you tell them you are not interested in attending the time share meeting they will continue to phone and harass you until you acquiese to their demands.
HOLIDAY INN CLUB SENIOR MANAGERS- READ YOUR REVIEWS AND LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS -
Personally, my vacation time is much more valuable to me than the rewards you offer.
One other little tip. If you have a problem don't even try resolving it at the front desk. There is a small customer service office just down a hallway behind the attractions and transportation desk. I have found the staff there very helpful over the years. They seem to have an ability to make some decisions and understand customer service.
Finally, Orange Lake is a great family resort. I will continue to return but I will never subject myself to another time share "UPDATE" as they say.
- Also Known As:
- Orange Lake Resort
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Country
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort & Country Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.