Let's get one thing straight from the get-go. This is a time-share deal, and they are pretty aggressive about wanting you to do the spiel. You have to be very firm about not wanting to discuss the tour, not wanting the $100 tickets, or any of that jazz. Then they'll leave you alone.
Check in was probably the hurdle. We arrived right at 4:00, as did everyone else. So we waited. Once we got to the counter it went very smoothly. After checking in, we were herded to the "appointment desk" under the guise of activiating our $20 resort voucher. I shut that down quickly and we were on our way to the room.
We stayed in the newer, River Island (or whatever it's called) section, room 82102. This was PERFECT. The condo itself is pretty great. Two large bedrooms, two large bathrooms, a well stocked kitchen, and out back, a screened porch with access to the lazy-river/pool area directly across from the room.
The beds were comfortable, a bit on the soft side for me, but I slept fine. Although our unit was right off of the lobby, it was quiet.
There's a Publix right by the eastern exit, so that's a great place to stock up on any groceries you may want. China Star, in the same plaza, is a servicable place for take out or delivery (we did both). Reasonably priced and really decent food. We did both take out one night and deliver another night and each time it was fast and good.
I wish we had stayed a couple more days as due to weather, we didn't get to enjoy everything the resort had to offer.
The room looked exactly like the picture on the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando