“Makes me want to move back to Florida” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Makes me want to move back to Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let's get one thing straight from the get-go. This is a time-share deal, and they are pretty aggressive about wanting you to do the spiel. You have to be very firm about not wanting to discuss the tour, not wanting the $100 tickets, or any of that jazz. Then they'll leave you alone.

Check in was probably the hurdle. We arrived right at 4:00, as did everyone else. So we waited. Once we got to the counter it went very smoothly. After checking in, we were herded to the "appointment desk" under the guise of activiating our $20 resort voucher. I shut that down quickly and we were on our way to the room.

We stayed in the newer, River Island (or whatever it's called) section, room 82102. This was PERFECT. The condo itself is pretty great. Two large bedrooms, two large bathrooms, a well stocked kitchen, and out back, a screened porch with access to the lazy-river/pool area directly across from the room.

The beds were comfortable, a bit on the soft side for me, but I slept fine. Although our unit was right off of the lobby, it was quiet.

There's a Publix right by the eastern exit, so that's a great place to stock up on any groceries you may want. China Star, in the same plaza, is a servicable place for take out or delivery (we did both). Reasonably priced and really decent food. We did both take out one night and deliver another night and each time it was fast and good.

I wish we had stayed a couple more days as due to weather, we didn't get to enjoy everything the resort had to offer.

The room looked exactly like the picture on the website.

Room Tip: First floor, and in the River Section is your best bet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our 2nd time to Orange Lake in 5 years. Both times we choose to stay in a 2 bedroom in the River Island section. There is an arcade, giftshop, coffee/icecream shop, and restaurant in the River Island complex. Check in was quick and we avoided the timeshare pitch. We unplugged the phones when we checked in. The weather was cool for March so the pool wasn't as crowded on those days. When it warmed up, all seats were taken by 10am. There were plenty of towels by the pool but they are small. The pool water was warm. The fun zone passes only include the mini golf, tube and hippo slide. Not so sure it's such a good value for the 7 day pass. The rock wall and trampolines are no longer there. The shuttles run from 7am til 12am about every 20 minutes if you do not have a car. We enjoyed the comedy/magic show onsite, it was funny and entertaining for the whole family. This is a cashless resort but we applied cash to our bill at the frontdesk to avoid having a large credit card bill at checkout. The kids bought gift cards at the giftshop with thier money and used them for ice cream & tattoos etc...instead of charging everthing to the room. The speedboat rentals were $40 per 1/2 hour on the lake. The boats went fast (14 yrs + could drive but an adult must ride with them). The west village has a free computer + printer to print out airline boarding passes only. It's open 24 hrs + we took advantage of it. You can pay to use the computers to search the web. You can also rent DVD movies for $3.00 in the computer lounges in the West village and River Island. Request a pool view because some of the River Island rooms overlook the parking lot. We called to have the TV fixed and it took multiple calls but it did get fixed. Housekeeping brought up pillowcases for the pull out sofa soon after we called for them.

Room Tip: Higher pool view floors in River Island have the best views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your family getaway with us. It’s so nice to hear that our guests give themselves the time that they deserve to relax and enjoy themselves around the resort. It’s always nice to get exactly what you want out of a vacation. You are correct that we offer our guests the option to charge to their villas, and our guests seem to enjoy not having to keep up with cash or credit cards. Thank you for giving us the option to address any needs you encountered during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Crystal River, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you want to take your family on vacation and still have some R&R, this is the place to go. PLENTY to do for everyone. Also, all the attractions are a short distance but you really don't have to leave the resort, there's lots to do there without having to go anywhere. There's a Publix supermarket about a quarter of a mile down the road so you can shop for essentials.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi there and welcome home from your vacation with us, we’re so happy that you enjoyed your time spent in and around the resort. We hope to see you again soon.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My only complaint is the ever expanding of the property and the limited concern for owners. Rather than continuing to build more units, the resort should focus on it's guests, try using the Disney model. I remember when Orange Lake was accessible, and the West village pools were much larger. The East village is the ideal location if you want to avoid noise and crowds. Lastly, avoid spring break/Easter timeframe when visiting Orange Lake or Orlando...complete chaos everywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi there, and thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. You are correct that the spring break time is popular for visitors all over Orlando looking to get away at this popular time. Thank you for your thoughts about our service, as we want to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The reason we picked this hotel in the first place was because my mother's job, Auto Trader, recommended it. Not only did they recommended the place, they paid some of the price. It was almost impossible to say no.

When you are booking a room with Orange Lake, they are completely honest with the price..( I mean, they have to be right? Well, no) What they do NOT tell you is that there is a 250$ security fee before they even let you in. See that 250$ dollars was or attraction money, and without it we would be forced to just stay in the hotel. With all the cool things to do at the resort itself, that was not SO BAD. But we only came to Florida to go to Disney World... not to lay around in a resort.

So, when we got up to the front desk, they told us about the fee. Me and my mother instantly started crying. Like, what kind of restarted resort doesn't tell you about THAT MUCH MONEY!?! Of course they had a way of getting around having to tell us. My mom called and called
maybe 10 times asking if there were any "extra fees". I think the resort called it an incidental fee. Even know incidental is not security, it basically means the same thing and they still should have told us.

My mom never cries. I have lived with her for a pretty long time and that was the first time I saw her cry. We came a long way to that resort and we didn't expect that mess. I only cried because if you're standing in a hotel front desk, and suddenly hear some child crying her eyes out to death, you know someone did something wrong. I don't just cry for no reason, and that Resort was big enough a reason to make someone of ANY AGE cry. Don't you think they should tell you about 250 freaking dollars? Of course they would give it back when we left, but we still needed that money for Disney.

Also, when my mom was on the phone with them, hey said the timeshare thing was NOT nessisary( I know it's spelled wrong). Well even though I don't remember if it turned out being nessisary or not, we went on it, and it was like three hours long. Let me just say DON'T GO ON THE TIMESHARE THINGY(lol). They do everything possible to make you say you want to buy a timeshare, and if you say no they just make these desperate looking faces and look all sad at the ground.

We did not get to go to Disney that
day because of the timeshare presentation. It took a while and those people were really determined to et you to buy a timeshare.

Overall if it wasn't for the mess with the incidental fee, I would have absolutely loved this very luxurious and fun resort :).

• Stayed April 2012
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay. We apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. You are correct that, like many hotels in Orlando and the US, we do charge an incidental fee upon check-in for charges that you could incur during your stay and security. We pride ourselves on charging a low fee of $250, unlike many area hotels that charge over $1,000 no matter the length of your stay. We apologize if you felt that this was not made clear to you at the time of booking, as it is on the confirmation page that shows at the time of booking. Also, our property tours are a great way to find out about our resort, however they are always 100% optional for our guests looking to learn more about our programs. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay around the resort, and we hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We are owners. We bought ours in the 90's but because of my husband no being able to take off work during the spring we haven't been back here for many years.
I waited in the car while my husband checked in. He came back and told me he agreed to do a tour. We did not have time for this. As owners we already know that a 1 hour tour will take much longer. I went directly back in there with him to cancel it. First the guy told us that it would cost $30 to cancel the reservation. I think that was pretty ridiculous considering it was only about 20 minutes since he agreed to it. I told him we simply did not have time for it, we are already owners and couldn't possibly afford another week even if we wanted to. He would not let us cancel the appointment even though I was getting very upset.

Because my husband agreed to this, they charged us the $30. I could understand that if we simply didn't show up, but since I didn't ever agree or sign for it and it was only a few minutes later that I came in I think that we should not have been charged. No one was put out during that 20 minutes before I came back in! I asked to speak with a supervisor and he ignored my request and kept saying we needed to do the "tour" because so much has changed.

I even told him very loudly that I did not have time to argue with him now either!

Finally after a good 10 minutes of saying no in every way I could, we just turned around to leave. He followed us to the doors and said "We'll see you Wednesday!" I said "No you won't . " and ducked out the door.

I was so upset that I was shaking and feeling horrible that we were taken immediately upon arrival here!!

I knew they would try to sell us more but they had never been that bad in the past. We had planned to spend some time here at the resort eating and using the pools but after that we didn't even want to spend the money on a pizza here so we simply use the villa to sleep and do all activities and dining away from the resort. The one activity we would have done, the block party, was canceled this week and not rescheduled. When they called on Tuesday to remind us of the appointment I told her we tried to cancel it immediately and he wouldn't listen to me. I personally did not ever agree to it and the paperwork says we both have to attend. She just said "Ok, enjoy the rest of your vacation" No even a hint of an apology. A few minutes later the guy called back and as soon as he said that he was the one we made the reservation with, I hung up. I was not in the mood to argue with him and get all upset again. Because we got early morning automated calls so we unplugged all the phones. It will probably be another 10 years before we use this resort again. Hopefully they will figure out that they are driving people away and stop doing this. On the plus side our villa is nice and clean. The coffee machine did not work but they replaced it quickly and other staff members were friendly but it only takes one to ruin your trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your experience at our resort. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation, we have attempted to contact you through private message. Our tours are always 100% optional for all of our guests to attend, who are interested in learning more about their vacation ownership. You are correct that we hold a fully-refundable $30 deposit for those who wish to schedule a tour with us to reserve your spot and individual sales representative. The $30 is always refundable at the end of your property tour. We apologize that you did not wish to take a tour after it had been scheduled, and you are always welcome to cancel should your vacation plans change. We look forward to connecting with you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our second visit to this resort. We stayed in a 2 bdrm villa in the West Village. The room was clean & well equipped however the dishwasher was ineffective and the bedroom TVs were from the 90's. We had previously stayed at River Island which was much nicer. We avoided the sales staff and had a great time! Some of the extras are way over priced (tubes & minigolf). Overall, a relaxing stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Hi there, and thanks for letting us know about your stay with us. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your vacation. It’s always great to find the area of the resort that fits your style best. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!