“Business in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Business in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was down to Orlando for a business trip and stayed at the wonderful Orange Lake Resort.
When I checked in the person at the desk was very friendly and informative. The room I was in was on the top floor overlooking the golf course. What a view of the area! My room was very clean
and the full size kitchen was also spotless. The bedroom and large bathroom was well appointed
with king size bed and tile floors.
I would highly recommend the resort to business travelers as well as families.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors looking over golf course.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
  • Polish first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A Paradise for all of us. The children really enjoyed. The River Island with its lazy River and Pools ist Great.
The extra unexpected charges are sometimes bothering.
The Food is ok, but not out of the Range.
Far the worst thing was the pressure to Guy Timesharing !!

Room Tip: Choose a room close to River Island Village. I'd rather take a Villa, not an appartment.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We’re so happy that your vacation with us was one to remember. Nothing makes us happier than our guests having a great time. We appreciate you letting us know what we can do to help you have the best vacation experience possible. We hope to see you again soon for more vacation fun.
Seward, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at the Orange Lake Resort for 4 nights March 12 -16. After check-in we told the timeshare salesman that we are not interested in any tickets or tours and are only there to relax. They let us go without too much trouble, although they did call our room a couple times and my husband had to be very firm that we are not interested.

I was a little disappointed in the room, we were in a one-bedroom apartment like room on the second floor ar River Island, way at the end of the hallway and not facing the pool area. It was plenty big enough for just the two of us but the TVs were ancient and had horrible picture. For what we paid we should have at least had decent TVs. Other than that the room was fine with nice decor.

The restaurants were good and not terrible pricey. It was nice to be able to eat onsite. For the most part the restaurant staff was super nice. We went to the comedy show on Wed night which was pretty good but they charged a service charge which was unexpected. There are lots of extra charges here and there which don't make a lot of sense.

The pool area and lazy river at River Island are beautiful as are the grounds on the whole property. The resort is huge and can be a little confusing to find where you want to go at first. The mini golf there was very nice, better than the courses at west village.

The last day we were there a raccoon made an appearance in the pool area inside the fence. The woman on staff said he is tame and used to people, which was not reassuring. I feel they should have called animal control to remove him. That was the end of our relaxing by the pool.

I would like to return with my family and stay in one of the larger villas, I would recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello and thank you for letting us know about your recent vacation stay with us. We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed the grounds and amenities in and around the resort. We always encourage our guests to let us know if any needs or issues they encounter during their stay, as we always want you to have the best vacation experience possible. It’s always great to find areas on vacation that fit your vacation style. Thank you for letting our staff know of any wildlife that you encountered, as our resident wildlife expert is on-site to make sure everyone is happy and healthy. We can’t wait to see you back again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife, daughter (18 months), and I stayed at the resort Feb 17th-Feb 23rd and found the resort above our expectations. We booked through Orbitz and got the cheapest room for our daughters 1st vacation and we were pleasantly surprised by our room. We stayed in the building where you check in and the room faced out to the lake on site. The room itself was much bigger than we thought and had a separate bedroom which was nice for when my daughter needed to sleep. The room had a refrigerator, stove top, microwave, and a toaster. The room itself was awesome.

The property is huge and has two entrances. Check in was a hassle with the timeshare pitch but knowing what to expect I had my excuse ready and I was able to minimize my time at the desk. We spent one day just at the resort and visited two area the beach and the river complex. Both are great and were really fun. We had lunch (the only meal we ate at the resort) at the restaurant near the complex and it was good for lunch. I did golf one morning at the executive 9 hole course and found it to be in great shape. You almost wish you could spend more days here because you really can do a lot at the resort. I used the gym at the building I stayed at and it was typically crowded early in the morning when I was there and had very little free weights but it worked.

The area around this resort is loaded with tons restaurants that are cheaper than eating at the resort. Depending on what time you leave to head to the parks traffic can be an issue but not terrible bad.

The only real complaint I have and I am not saying it is the hotels fault but at checkout I was charged $8 a day tax fee and $7 per day "resort" fee. I was aware I would be charged $50 dollars for some fees at the hotel after booking through orbitz but this was in addition to those fees. Everything at the resort is expensive but you can expect that while on vacation I guess.

Overall we had a great time and I probably will stay there again next time we visit Disney.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We always love hearing that our guests were able to have the best vacation experience possible. It’s always great to get exactly what you want and more out of a vacation stay. It’s great that you were able to take advantage of the amenities around the resort. We apologize if you were not informed of our resort fee before your arrival. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Grounds are very nice, rooms clean and spacious and the restaurants are well staffed. The wildlife here is amazing, we had a 6' Alligator right outside of our pool area in the swamp right off one of the golf greens. Nice friendly staff and very helpful with the surroundings. Plus Disney World is only 3 miles down the road, and yes that is where dreams do come true. Stop on down to experience the fun and weather.

• Stayed March 2013
Welcome home from your recent stay with us. It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also had time to explore some of Orlando’s world class attractions. Thanks for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Before I start my review, I want to state that I stayed at this resort for a very short time so I cannot comment about most of their amenities. What I can say is that the resort was very clean and very well appointed. We stayed in a 2/2 condo in building 8. The kitchen had all the utensils, pots, pans, etc. that you will need. The beds were very comfortable with tons of fluffy pillows to rest your head on after a long day at the parks. The resort is very close to the Disney parks and tons of restaurants nearby to choose from. There is also a few restaurants on the property although, we did not try them. The property is huge! It will take you at least 10 minutes to get from the entrance to one of their last buildings where our room was located. Ok, time for a few negatives which is why I gave this resort four out of five stars. First, we arrived really late and had two sleeping children in the back of the car so we were pretty eager to get to our room. They try to rope you in to hear a 90 min. Presentation about their property and we were just not interested. My husband had to tell the concierge repeatedly that we had two sleeping children in the car and we just wanted our room key so we can be on our merry way. When we finally made it to our room, we pulled out the sofa bed for one of the kids that was traveling with us and found that there was no sheets in the room for it. We had to call the reception area so they can bring us sheets which, they did pretty quickly. It was just a bit more inconvenient for us because we all just wanted to get to bed and at that point we had to wait 15 minutes to get the sheets and prepare the bed for the kids. Had it been a different situation, it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal. In any case, the should have the extra sheets in the room already. Other than those minor things, it was a great stay. Very nice, clean rooms with very comfortable beds!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello and welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time spent around the resort. We apologize if the sheets were missing from you room, and we appreciate you letting our staff know right away so that they could address your concerns. We always strive to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. Were glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and we would love to see you again soon.
West Long Branch, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

So many rules, so many miss directions, so many disappointments.

Case #1... Cabana rentals: two locations, two different prices, two different departments to secure the reservation... Simple... NO....COMPLICATED YES!!!
First you will need to call for a reservation, secure it with a credit card, then proceed to an attendant at a kiosk or "splash"to pay. For us, our desired day was booked. The attendant was nice but misleading. He offered to put us on a waiting list. When asked how often there were cancelations, ha said " almost never"

Case #2... Lazy river tubes.... Reasonable priced but unreasonable rules. You must be present for your wristband which must be worn for the tubes. You must be in the the water of the lazy river to obtain the tube. There is no other option. All this is not explained prior.

All other travelers/vacationers.... Proceed with caution: PLEASE BEWARE OF THE RULES!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from all of our guests about their vacation experience. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion you experienced trying to reserve a cabana for the day. During peak times they can become one of our most popular amenities around the resort. We appreciate you letting us know so that we have the chance to improve this experience for future vacations. We hope that we have the ability to see you again soon, to help you have the best vacation experience possible.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!