Where do we start? Check in was okay, but we were immediately shuffled over to get "discount" attraction/golf tickets. We normally don't agree to the time share presentations, but we thought we would save some money... and they said it would only be an hour (more on this in a bit).
We checked into our villa, it was West Village. These are the oldest units there. They have done a few upgrades (counters, floors etc..), but still seemed out-dated (the tv's were not flat screen). We were right at the 4th hole on one of the golf courses too. Having three young children, we were concerned with their safety. We did call to express our concern, but they refused to accomodate us or make other suggestions. We also informed them of our screen which had fallen off as soon as we opened the door. They did come and fix it.
We went to our time share presentation the following morning. Of course the one hour turned into three hours. I think they couldn't believe that we didn't love their resort!!!! What they showed us compared to our unit was totally different. Anyhow, we did get our discount play pass tickets. Don't buy them....you don't need them. What a waste of money. We can't believe they charge for such things as mini golf, the hippo slide, a tube for the lazy river!!!! You can't bring your own beer to the pool either. More money spent......
Speaking of pools. You have to drive or take a shuttle to get to any pool. The pool areas are nice, but cluttered and hard to find a chair (especially at River Island).
We golfed at Legend's Walk. That was nice for a walking course. Make sure you reserve tee times as soon as you get there. The other courses fill up fast. We could only golf the one day.
For a resort (which prides itself on gold crown too), it was very costly and not relaxing. Too big and obnoxious for our liking. Never again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando