This is a massive resort with town home-type condos - there is parking directly in front of each unit. Our two-bedroom unit was very large, clean, and well-maintained. It included a small but fully-equipped kitchen, and washer/dryer. We were not expecting such nice accommodations at this price; previously we stayed at other comparable places in the area which were dated yet more expensive. It is not a full-service hotel; there is no daily room cleaning (unless you wish to pay for it) and no typical room service. This did not detract at all from our experience. We wanted to make our own breakfasts at the unit, then head out to the Orlando attractions for the day.
The pool areas are beautiful and well-maintained. There is no poolside service but each pool has at least one bar / eatery. There are ample sunbathing chairs; it was refreshing not to arrive at the pool only to find every seat "reserved" with a towel.
Other reviewers have complained about timeshare people hounding them. If you simply tell them you are not interested, they stop bothering you. If you are desperate to pick up some discounted attraction tickets, it is your own fault for wasting their time and yours by signing up for a sales pitch.
It takes about 30 minutes to briskly walk from one end of this complex to the other so expect to drive or take their shuttle service from your unit to the pool. We personally liked the walk, but there are no sidewalks in many areas.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. If you are expecting a hotel-type experience you will be disappointed but for those looking for spacious, quiet, home-like accommodations, it will likely be a good fit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando