I've been going to Orange Lake for over 25 years, with my parents, as an adult and now as a parent myself with my children. I've seen it all in all stages and their are some really great things about the resort, I wish I could rate it higher, but there's just a few things they need to start doing better. Here's my review.
I've stayed everywhere, here's my take
River Island: It's nice to stay in river island if you have kids, if you don't avoid it at all costs, there's other great pools, also I personally don't like it because it feels more like a hotel rather than your own vacation condo. DO NOT get a "forest view" which means you are overlooking the parking lot and road which are very busy and noisy. The rooms are quite nice, new decor, nice kitchen, great TV's and bathrooms.
North Village: This is my favorite place to stay as I love the pool it's nice and not as busy as the others but BEWARE they have not updated the kitchens or bathrooms in the units and they are BAD!!! Extremely bad, crumbling cabinets, broken tiles, dirty old! They did update the decor but not the kitchens or bathrooms and they are in bad shape. So find out if they've been updated before you go or for the same price you can stay in the west village which has been updated
West Village: Great location as it's by the front of the resort, they have redone these units so they have updated kitchens and decor, great place to stay. The units have a different layout so they seem a little smaller in my opinion to any of the other locations.
East Village: Newer but do not have the updated kitchens and bathrooms but they are in better shape then the north village but they are really far from anything but are very quiet if that's what you are looking for.
The service is REAL hit or miss, for some reason I always get great service at breezes for several years now. The service at the golf courses is horrible, impossible to get a tee time or to get someone to answer the phone they also nickel and dime you for everything for golf. Tee's and Towels, etc.
The service at river island is horrible, the restaurants and shops for some reason no one is very helpfun in the shop which is very nice. Front desk, hit or miss i've had both very good and very bad experiences. The holiday inn vacation club people are TERRIBLE. My parents have owned for over 25 years and even they hate it. You can get some good free stuff if you sit through their presentation if you can stand it but it's very high pressure and they are rude. We avoid it every year!
Pools: AWESOME! #1 reason to go, they have 3 pool areas that are huge and perfect for kids, they have a lazy river at river island which is great, as well as a beach sand area. It's always packed there so get to the pool early but the kids of all ages will love it. West village has a great pool area as well as a lake with sand beach. North village also has a huge pool area with large kiddie pool, slide, waterfall. There is so much for kids to do!
Food: Surprisingly the food is actually pretty good, they have a ton of choices, Marketplace, Pizza, Bar and Grill. Here's the good and the bad
Good: The pizza place is great! Good Pizza reasonable prices, The Legacy bar and grill has great bar food! Breezes has really great food and you can sit and eat by the pool.
The Bad: River Island Grilling Company and Anchors are horrible. Anchors is outdoors and is absolutely disgusting, the food is bad and its filthy! River Island Grilling Company is their "nice" restaurant, the food and service are terrible, don't bother go off the grounds!
Overall I really like this place thre's just a few things that can be improved upon and it will be a much better place to stay, the grounds are great! Great place to stay with kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando