We stayed at Orange Lake in the early '90's with our son and enjoyed it. Then we moved on to Vistana, Westgate (4 times), Highpoint, HGVC, and Summer Bay until we exhausted our desire for Disney vacations. But then our oldest daughter and her family expressed interest so back to Orange Lake we went.
We stayed in the West section in a second floor villa on Kem Lake Way from Friday, 2/15 until Friday, 2/22. Check in was fine.As a matter of fact, all of the people we encountered at Orange Lake were super-friendly and helpful. We were first assigned a condo in a condo building but I requested a villa and the check-in rep made the change. She then gave m a coupon for a free gift and pointed out a redemption desk. That's where they ask you to sign up for a timeshare tour and I didn't want to waste time on that so I just gave the coupon the young man standing between me and the desk and told him I didn't want it. No problem. When I got a call from another rep the next morning, I explained that we weren't interested in any appointments and that was the last I heard from them.
The villa was spacious enough for the six of us and very well equipped.
I was looking forward to the lazy river and the pools so we checked out River Island and Splash Lagoon Saturday, the day tour daughter arrived, but we just didn't have the time to use them. We also didn't have time to golf or use the exercise equipment or eat at their restaurants.
The main focus of this trip was the Disney parks. We had 4 day park hopper passes and it was our granddaughter's first visit and her parents hadn't been to Disney in more than 20 years so on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we all ate breakfast in the villa and got in the minivan each morning and went to Disney Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Magic Kingdom, respectively. We went to Downtown Disney on Tuesday, our "day off".
Even though we didn't get to use the beautiful facilities, we enjoyed Orange Lake so much that we may stay there again for 3 or 4 days before the Disney cruise we started to plan for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando