Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights while going to Disney. Had a 2 bedroom which was very spacious. Unit was clean/neat. There were a few small maintenance issues that we called about and they were taken care of quickly. Beds comfortable. Kitchen stocked with everything needed. Washer/dryer great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi there, and welcome home from your recent stay with us. We’re so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and found a spot at the resort that was perfect for you to spread out and be yourselves. We also appreciate you letting our staff know of any needs that you encountered during your stay. Afterall ,we are here to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. We hope to see you again son for another fun-filled family vacation.

3,299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Orange Lake Resort for 5 days and 4 nights. We upgraded our room to a 2-bedroom condo with no problem at check-in. SO GLAD WE DID. The condo was beautiful. Nicely furnished. The view from the balcony was wonderful. The grounds are beautiful. I love the security at the entrance. Each time we entered the grounds, the guard was very diligent checking for passes. The main road was loaded with restaurants and stores and we were very close to Disney. I would definitely stay here again.

BUT...No stay is ever perfect, is it? When we entered the condo, I immediately checked the beds to find that one bed had not been changed in the room with the two double beds. I immediately called for housekeeping and she arrived fairly quickly. Without me having to ask, she changed BOTH beds to be sure that the other had been changed, as well. One thing that I would like to add is that outside of the condo ie, the elevator and the walkway upstairs seem to be dirty. I think the walkways should be power washed on a regular basis. The elevator was NASTY. I was skeptical about my stay until I actually entered my condo. Please clean the elevator!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We always love hearing from our guests about their trips. We’re glad to hear that you decided to upgrade your accommodations. It’s always great to treat yourself to more value and more space. You couldn't give us any higher compliment than a return stay, and we couldn't be happier that we will see you again. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to address any issues that you may have encountered while you were on property. Our housekeeping staff cleans every unit between guests, but w apologized if we may have missed something. We can’t wait to see you again.
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was curious about the Time share options and signed up for a 3 night package that refunded me the hotel costs in exchange for attending a tour and timeshare program. Steve, my timeshare guy, did an excellent job and if I WERE in the market for this kind of thing, I'd have signed up with him. But between the time I booked the stay and today, I bought a building in my Minnesota town and am all my resources and time will be spent on that in the forseeable future. As a destination, this place is fantastic. My 2 br, 2 bath unit in the East Village is awesome, overlooking a golf course. Birds are everywhere: sandhill cranes, turkeys, and turkey vultures.It's like a bit of nature in the midst of luxury. The food at Breezes restaurant is fantastic! The pools are wonderful. Shops are reasonably priced. All the staff are courteous and friendly. I wish I could stay longer. Timeshare isn't for me, but this is a beautiful place to have a vacation.

Room Tip: I was in one of the big buildings in the East Village. I visited others, all were nice. The whole pl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hi there, it’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our experience packages are a great way to see our resorts and find out all about vacation ownership, for a great price. We appreciate you taking the time to consider a purchase with us. We couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our wildlife welcoming committee was able to say a few “hello’s”. We would love to have you back again soon for more fun.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived very late on a Saturday night. I had reserved two 2BR condos. Check in was a breeze and we flat out refused a timeshare session despite the $300 discount offered on Disney tickets. We were placed in side by side units in the west village. The requested crib showed up immediately. The condos were clean and updated and didn't show much wear and tear. Granite counter tops, nice furnishings, etc. All basic supplies were included - TP, soap, nice shampoo and soap, dish and laundry detergents.

After getting our daughter's family settled, we went next door to our unit (2530) and were met with the most foul stench you can imagine. I don't know what it was - I have never smelled anything like it. Because it was so late, we opened every window and door, turned on all the exhaust fans, and prayed that would solve the problem. We froze all night but the smell was tolerable. The next morning we left early for Disney. I hoped and hoped the smell would dissipate while we were gone. Unfortunately, that was not the case so I called Resort Services. The first person I talked to was Jessica, who told me she couldn't just switch us to another room without having maintenance come and check things out. She said someone would come immediately. Ninety minutes later, when no one showed up or called, I called back, this time speaking to Brittany. Brittany apologized and immediately found us another unit that was also located nearby. The guy who brought us our new keys was shocked at the smell and thought it was from someone's ethnic cooking - I love ethnic cooking and it didn't smell like any food to me! The new unit was fine - it felt awesome not to have that horrible smell. I was so relieved and grateful to Brittany. The place seemed quite clean although we did find one giant but dead bug and a live outdoor roach during our stay. Of course, the first thing I always do is take off the bedspread and store it away. There were more than enough towels. We only ate breakfast there and had everything we needed.

The resort grounds were very well kept and the amenities seemed great - we were there for Disney so we did not do much on the resort. The place is huge and although the shuttle came frequently, I couldn't imagine being without a car. There are grocery stores and restaurants everywhere near the resort. Best of all --Disney is 10 minutes away. I would definitely go back to Orange Lake.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello there and thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your family stay with us in November. We always appreciate our guests letting us know of any needs that we can help then with before their vacation. Afterall, we are here to make sure that you have the best time possible. We’re happy to hear that our check-in staff was able to assist you with your villa locations. We apologize for any issues that you may have experienced in your villa. We appreciate you letting our staff know and giving us the chance to make it right. Thanks for the tips that you give your fellow reviewers about the best ways to have fun with us at the resort. We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have been coming to Orange Lake since 1995. We own here. This trip very disappointed. We have had to unplug all 3 phones in the unit due to be pestered by the timeshare sales people. WE DONT want to buy!! they just don't leave u alone. The unit is no where need the standard it was. Now we find out the whole Orange lake is CASH FREE so u have to pay on your card or room card. I do feel sorry for the people getting trapped into buying timeshare here. $12.000 for a week when u can pick up a week for as cheap as $1,000 on resale sites. Which is what we did:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience with us. We truly appreciate your membership and loyalty, and are disappointed to hear that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation we have attempted to contact you through private message. Until then we would like to address your issues. We understand that time spent on vacation is important and that our tours or updates may not be for everyone. We respect all of our guests decision to tour or not. We also give our guests the option to receive calls and updates from the resort to their villas. Our villas are going through constant updates throughout the villages. You are correct that we are a cashless resort. Many of our guests find it convenient to not feel the need to keep up with cash during their stay. We provide both the option to charge to our villa or pay with a debit/credit card. Another option available to our guests is to purchase resort gift cards with cash for use during your stay. We look forward to hearing from you to find out how we can make your future stays and membership more enjoyable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had 2 units, 2 bedrooms each. Kids had a blast mini golfing, playing in pool and hanging out in the room. The rock wall, hippo slide and bungee trampoline are nice additions from our last trip. They could have had more than 1 side of the bungee trampoline going. There was a very long line.

This is close enough to Disney and Universal that driving is not a big deal. Easy to get all passes right at the resort.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hartbeespoort, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I travelled to the US for my sons wedding. We wanted to experience Disneyworld and Universal while in the US. We stayed at at Orange Lake for 4 days and had a great time. The accomodation was clean and very spacious. It was close to Disneyworld and Universal. There is a lot you can do inside the resort itself, you do not have to leave. We had a great time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello there and congratulations on your Son’s wedding last year. It’s so nice that you were able to give yourself some time to relax and experience the best of what Orlando has to offer in a Resort and attractions. You are correct that there are many amenities available around the Resort. Many of our guests who stay with us never feel the need to leave the Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!