I am not one to complain, but I cannot believe this treatment from such a typically wonderful resort
My wife and have been to Orange Lake several time with family members who are owners. We have had mostly wonderful experiences up until this trip. I should have taken the hint when I called to confirm our trip including our "property tour" and was treated like a 3 year old begging for candy at the store when I tried to move our tour time. As a reward for taking the tour we were to receive $140 food and drink vouchers. I explained to the staff member that since our tour was scheduled at the end of our trip we would not have time to use our vouchers. She confirmed to me that I would be able to put food charges on my room and then apply the vouchers toward these charges at the end of our stay..(bad information)
but first...... The Tour
The tour was nice and our salesman was nice at first...as the tour continued and we indicated to him that we would not be purchasing property at this time because we pay for everything in full with cash and do not finance anything he began to lecture us on how young and ignorant we were to do this. My wife and I are 26 years old, so we are young, but we did nothing to deserve being spoke down to for 2+ hrs. It was awful to have to put up with such a verbally abusive salesman. We finally got out of this "Jail-time" after 4 1/2 hrs (supposed to only last 120 minutes tops). They wasted an entire half of a day while managing to treat us like juvenile delinquents.
So.. we finished the tour and went to the front desk to apply our vouchers toward our dinner 2 nights before, come to find we could not do that. The vouchers had to be used at the time of your dinner. I indicated that I was told differently and was asked to go see resorts services. The first lady I spoke with at resorts services told me that they have nothing to do with this and I needed to speak to someone in Marketing. She connected me to a marketing employee with the phone at the waiting table. The marketing employee told me she could not do anything and the person I needed to speak to was not at their desk and they would call me back to clear things up. They also indicated I might be able to speak to someone at the front desk. I thanked her told her to have the manager call me.
Went to the front desk explained the situation and was told I needed to speak to the manager that was in an interview currently but should be available in 30 minutes.
I came back 30 minutes later to find the manager gone again. The staff told me they would leave a message and have the manager call me to figure things out.
Yes that is 2 managers that are supposed to have called me....Never heard from either!!!
We decided to give up for the night since we had off site plans for the evening.
The next morning we went to the front desk and finally was able to speak with a manager who told me they could not do anything that I needed to talk to marketing again.
I called marketing again and again! was told a manager would have to call me back because they were not available. Never heard back from this manager either!!!
about an hour later, I was so fed up I asked to be directed to the office of the CEO (which I still plan to write a letter to) I was directed back to resort services where we met Jodi
Jodi was the only helpful staff member we came in contact with during this escapade! She promptly called marketing spoke to 3-4 people and got a member of management almost immediately. She told him the situation and allowed me to speak to John. John was not helpful in the least. He blamed everything on me saying I should have known I couldn't use the vouchers retroactively (when his staff told me I clearly could!) In the end he would not do anything to help so I asked him to please make sure he trains his staff better so Guests do not end up in this position again.
So we left with $100 worth of food vouchers that expire in a month and no solution to our problem after countless hours of being tossed from member to member and being promised returned calls.....It was a terrible experience that I would have never expected from such a typically great resort.
I'm not sure that we will every return and I would never recommend Orange Lake to anyone again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando