We had a great time and a wonderful experience at this resort.
Check in was very easy. The staff at the reception desk was quick and friendly, as was everyone we encountered at the resort. The units were nice, spacious and well maintained. There was plenty of room and they had enough pots/pans etc to actually be able to cook and not be missing anything. The grounds were beautiful and the pool (we only went to one, the small one in the back of East Village) was great, not crowded and the kids had a blast. We had an issue with some neighbors in the middle of the night, ramming into doors and ringing doorbells at 1am (by the way, if you are out there and read this - you are scum - waking little kids up and scaring them in the middle of the night - would like to be there to see it when karma hits you in the face) but security came rather quickly, addressed the issue and moved said riffraff the next morning. They also provided details and stopped to provide some assurances when we followed up the next day, which made us feel better.
The only ever so slightly not good:
They did try to rope you into the whole timeshare thing right at the front desk, but at this point that is something I am used to. They initially didn't want to take no for an answer, but once they knew I wasn't going to bite, they were fine. I was annoyed when we were woken up at 8:30am in the morning with another call regarding this. I am sure I was rather terse on the phone as I, nor my kids need to be waken up on the 2nd day of our vacation by a sales call, but at that point, I had obviously made my point, as there were no more approaches.
As others have pointed out, it is a huge resort, which has its positives and negatives. Distance is a negative, but all the amenities and on site activities are a positive. Just depends on what you are looking for. I would recommend this resort and would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Orange Lake Resort
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Country
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort & Country Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.