“As good as ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Leeds, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Getting bigger by the day but just as good as ever. Easy reach of all Orlando has to offer. Really easy for both airports as long as you get your head around the three main roads in Orlando. Great golf to be had within the resort but the newest was very expensive. Plenty to do on site but you are that close to main attractions that we didn't spend that much time in the resort itself. Great supermarket just down the road which stocks many products from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

2,883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
Cumbria uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in the east village of orange lake and found the apartment to be great. The rooms were a good size ours had a king size bed,jaccuzi & separate shower in the ensuit our daughters had a queen size each in their room next to their bathroom. The pool area in the river island area was brilliant for us and the kids never had a problem getting a bed but got a shock buying 4 sandwiches from the cafe $40. After reading reviews on trip advisor I was ready for the hard sell assault on check in which was launched as soon as we had checked in.I was given our keys and a voucher for $20 discount off a play pass, as soon as I left the desk one of the team who lurk at the desk was all over me like a rash " sir if you just come here to this desk I' ll hand you over to the activity team and get your voucher validated". I told the team member that we had just stepped off an 8 hr flight & got lost on the way and I'd validate in the morning after the kids had slept. "no sir you must do it now or lose the discount" ok I' leave it bye and walked out. On getting to the apartment disconnected the 2 phones and was not bothered all holiday , great. The only draw back is that everything is a drive from east village no other complaints, the resort is beautiful and we overlooked 1 of the golf courses. 1 tip is to buy a resort refill cup for soda by the pool $ 15 each free refills all stay well worth it. We will be coming here again.

Room Tip: After talking to another guest who was initially unhappy with their apartment they requested a chang...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hello there and welcome home from your recent vacation stay with us. We’re so happy to hear that your East Village villa was the perfect place for you and your family. Being able to spend time together on vacation while still having the room to spread out is always so important. Our four villages offer something different and exciting for each and every one of our guests. We’re happy to hear that you found your fun in our River Island pool complex. It is always a popular choice for our guests. Our property tours are a great way to find out about the amenities available to all of our resort guests, as well as what vacation ownership can do for the way that you and your family vacations in the future. However, we understand that time spent on vacation is important and that these tours may not be for everyone. We’re thrilled that you are planning a return visit, we can’t wait to have you back!
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So we made reservations for this property in October 2011 for our March 2012 stay. We drove to Kissimmee from Wisconsin. So after hours and hours of driving we arrived around 9:00 PM. Upon arrival I left my family in the car to go and (what i thought) check-in. There was a young girl checking us in. We require a handicap accessible room for my husband's disability. Upon looking for our reservation the girl found that our accessible room had been given to someone else. They asked if we could have another non-accessible room...I said no, my husband needs a roll in shower. After a 45 min of looking they could not find a room for us. At this point my husband and sleepy child had to come in and wait for this confused girl to look through their database of rooms, with no luck of finding any accessible rooms. Finally, I asked to talk to a manager. She led us back to this room, and had us wait why SHE talked to the manager. She came out several mins later with a room for us. We asked why we couldn't talk to the manager and she said its because he was 'busy'. (and 9pm at night?) So we got an up grade to a condoish room with an extra room, and kitchen (WITH NO APOLOGY TO GO WITH IT). So, after messing around for an hour with our check-in we missed the room service time. (We skipped dinner, in hopes of eating there) So we ate cereal for dinner! :( The rest of the stay there was Ok. You could tell the room hadn't been used for sometime...there were bugs in the shower and all over the screened in porch. I killed several spiders in the bedroom. We had a nice view of the golf course area, and the room was very quiet, but dirty. We washed the sheets the night of arrival because we found a piece of someones jewelry intermixed with the sheets, so that was questionable????

The good points of the property would be the water park. My son had a great time, the drinks were delish, and it was clean. The mini golf course was super fun also. The location of the property in relation to Disney was awesome. It was less than 15 minutes to get there. We were able to come and easily take naps midday and get back to disney fun in no time. There was also target and grocery store near by.

I feel that this property is in need of updates. Overall it had a 1990's feel. The service was not the best. My husband got food poisoning from the shrimp at one of the restaurants on the property, and our check in was a nightmare. I would say that we will most likely not be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to double or triple confirm your reservation, and be prepared for lots of extra charges in t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lewis Center, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our second trip here and we will be back! The first time we were far from River Island (waterpark/lazy river), had a golf course view, and had to drive to the waterpark. This time we chose the "waterpark" room and it was literally at the waterpark facing it. Both times had a 2 bdrm villa and everything was as they describe, except the beds! Both of us woke up with horrible back/neck/shoulder aches everyday, and the pillows were just as hard. For such a nice place they really need to invest in new beds! They really do supply everything in the full kitchen and there is a Publix grocery just outside the resort. They do charge $9 a day to use the tubes as the lazy river, which I think is ridiculous. Should come with the stay. If you plan on going now, I will tell you that they are doing lots of construction on the buildings so lots of equipment and noise. Also, if you do not like the heat, I would not go in August. VERY hot and humid. Overall we really like it here and plan to come back. Great location (15 min to Disney) and the resort is very pretty and has everything!

Room Tip: Get the "waterpark" room if you want to be at the waterpark and not have to drive there! K...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello there and welcome back from your most recent trip with us. We’re so thrilled that you chose to stay with us again for what we hope was a great fun-filled vacation. We’re so great to hear that you plan on staying with us again, as you couldn’t give us any higher compliment than a return stay. We’re disappointed to hear that your pillows weren’t what you were used to, and wanted to let you know for future stays that we have implemented a softer pillow program. You can find softer pillows located in all of our villas, make sure to keep an eye out for them next time. You give a great tip about August weather for your fellow reviewers. We look forward to having you back again, keep in touch and let us know when you are on your way!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Being a Hilton Grand Vacations owner paying club dues, I am disappointed that they referred me to the Holiday Inn lake orange resort. I used up my points to stay in a three bedroom villa in a resort that was supposed to have everything. It did. The problem was the everything was so far away from the east village. The beds and linen were awful. I woke up with a stiff neck:-(. The villa was just ok. Nothing special. We did the tour, they said it was 60 minutes. It took 3 hours. Luckily it was raining. They showed us this beautiful updated 3 bedroom villa with flat screen tv's and plush beds. I asked why don't I have those beds and he said something about that was what was available to RCI and the those owners chose not to upgrade. The upgraded villas were in the river part of the resort. I would not stay there again. Good luck!

• Stayed August 2012
Hello Arlene. Thank you for taking the time to review your exchange with us in Florida. We thoroughly appreciate input from all of our guests. It disappoints us to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. In an attempt to find out more information we have attempted to contact you through Private Message. Until then we will attempt to address some of your concerns here. We always encourage all of our guests to let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay the best that it can be. It’s important to us that you have a great vacation! Our four villages offer something for everyone, with activities and multiple pools spread throughout.

Our property tours are a great way to find out about the resort, and what vacation ownership can do for you. As a current vacation ownership owner, we are sure you are aware of the values. Scheduled at 90 minutes, these tours can run longer based on your questions and level of interest. We would love the chance to host you back again in the future to show you how much fun staying with us can be.
Massapequa, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This is our 3rd year staying at this resort. We are timeshare owners in the West Village. These villas are nice, clean, and kitchen equipped- but they need a makeover. When we first arrived a couple of appliances and kitchen items needed to be replaced, and shower curtain in one of the bathrooms was missing. Housekeeping was prompt to address these issues. The beds and pillows need to be replaced. Experienced a lot of back and neck pain. I asked for better pillows (like the ones they have in the rooms of River Isle side), but they brought me the same pillows. So this was a bummer. Carpets need to be replaced. Don't think the steam cleaning is working on them anymore. Kids activities are okay. The Activities Team ended face painting and balloon making way before entertainment hours are over. So I did find this quite disturbing as my daughters and their friends (all of 6-10 years of age) missed out. :/ Some visitors can be of low- class. I think the resort is makng it too affordable for these types of people to come and stay. Lastly, the resort needs to do a better job at making smokers aware of the designated smoking areas. We found many smokers smoking near the pool which is not suppose to be the case. Overall, a good place if you are okay with tidying up yourself and looking to save money on a room stay. For us, it's convenient b/c it is spacious and inexpensive. We are thinking of selling our week on eBay soon.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thanks so much for you review. It’s always great to hear from our owners. We’re disappointed to hear that you feel your individual unit was not up to your standards this year. As you may now, our villas are undergoing renovations on a rotating basis. We appreciate you letting our staff know of any needs that you encountered during your stay, as we are constantly striving to make sure that you have the very best vacation experience possible. We understand your concerns regarding the activities and will pass along your comments to the appropriate teams. We hope that you will reconsider selling your unit and contact us if there is anything that we can do for you in the future.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This resort is HUGE! There are a number of "villages" here. They are the North, West, East Village and River Island. Our villa was in the east village and there is a small pool nearby. There are many pools located throughout and they are all very nice. The water is always warm and the water slide at River Island is great! The lazy river, also at River Island was the best! My family loved it and so did I. You do have to rent tubes if you plan on floating around and the lifeguards will check to see if you have a wristband to use one. Otherwise you can just swim though or hang out like we did sometimes.
The rooms are a bit outdated with the island decor, but they are clean. I read some reviews about roaches and I was very apprehensive at first. Happily, I did not see any bugs besides the occasional mosquito in our villa. It was very clean and spacious. There were some dead bugs in the elevator but that is to be expected in the warm weather I guess.
The restaurants had great food. Tradewinds offers a great breakfast buffet, quick lunch and somewhat fancy dinner menu. I was impressed by that! There are many other restaurants but we didn't try them since we cooked in the villa or ate out while at the theme parks.
I must stress that Orange lake Resort is HUGE! It took us about 8 min to drive from the front gate to our villa and thats when we didn't get lost. There is a Publix within the resort but they close at 11pm so no late shopping.
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: This is a cash free resort. I had cash that I rather use but couldn't due to this policy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello and welcome home from your recent vacation stay with us. We’re pleased to hear all about our guests vacations and the ways that they were able to enjoy their stay with us. We’re honored that we were able to play host to your Florida getaway, and that your spacious villa was the perfect place to spread out and relax after plenty of fun in the sun. It’s great that you were able to give yourself some time around the resort as well as enjoying Orlando’s attractions. We noticed that you mentioned our Resort’s cashless policy. We find that many of our guests enjoy the added convenience of not having to worry with cash. However, in the future we do accept cash in exchange for Resort gift cards that can be purchased at the Marketplace. We would love to host you back again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!