Some people will never be happy, especially when they are already in a bad mood and then something else goes wrong. When my family and I planned our Disney Vacation, I was a bit apprehensive about staying at this resort because of some of the appalling reviews. However, we decided to stay at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort in Orange Lake, FL and do not regret it! We arrived late (around 6:00 or so) because I had read about how hectic the 4:PM check-in is, so we were checked in within ten minutes (Moral: research). I admit that I was very apprehensive about this place because of the reviews I had read, but there was no need for the apprehension. Perhaps my experience was just better than others, but here is my review AND my response to some of the other “reviews:”
• “NO ROOM SERVICE!” NO ROOM SERVICE!” ( Reviewed July 5, 2012) – "The resort was very clean and spacious, but they charge you for room service.” --- Well, this is a resort where people stay in a “home like” environment. It is not a hotel; it is a home away from home, so clean up after yourself (thus the vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies). Also, for stays over 10 days there is a complimentary cleaning.
• “Too big for itself” (Reviewed July 4, 2012) – “This property is very nice, but just too large. The pools with slides/lazy river, bungy jumps, etc... is at the total other end of the complex.” --- Well, that all depends upon where you stay, doesn’t it? Everything on the resort is within walking distance, and the whole time I was there I saw shuttles everywhere. Also, you must realize that some people will say that there is not enough to do…how can you please everyone??? Give people choices…which is what they do.
• “dont stay at clubhouse” ( Reviewed July 4, 2012) – “When checking in at noon we were told room was vacant but needed cleaning and shouldn't be long. almost 4 hours later our room was finally ready!” --- Guess what, check in is at 4:PM. As far as the comments about the “lowlife guests who wouldn't clean after themselves [who bring] a whole slew of non guests with them for day,” --- you will find people like this everywhere in the world. As far as “what you see on Orange lake website not necessarily [being] what you actually get,” --- it sounds to me like the “club-house” is the “hotel” portion of the resort, which is what you would expect when staying at a hotel. As for the place being a “Cashless resort,” --- again, research, research, research.
• “Don't Stay At This Property!! Cockroach Infested!!” ( Reviewed July 3, 2012) – “I had to go to GUEST SERVICES and not only complain about …the issue of the GIANT cockroaches [even after someone] supposingly spray[ed]. The next night … again roaches were running all over the villa. [G]uest services offered no SINCERE apologies [but] offered us another villa to sleep in for the night…[where there were] sure enough more roaches.” --- This is one to which I really do not know how to explain since we saw one wood roach outside the entire time we were there (over a week). I will say that if I stayed in a place where I felt uncomfortable, I would leave, demand and receive my refund and go elsewhere…THEN! You also said that, “While we were there a 11 year old girl was fatally injured at River Island. --- My family was right there and were so saddened by the negligence of this resort.” We must have been there at the same time because the fatality occurred while we were there also. This was indeed a tragedy, however, I have yet to hear who was at fault in this case.
• “Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort” ( Reviewed July 3, 2012) – “I agree to a tour an it was suppose to be 2 hrs but turned into 3hrs.” --- Ahhh, yes, the dreaded tour. The way to handle that is to either NOT agree to the tour in the first place (face it, we agree to the tour for the freebies!), or, set the timer on your cell phone. When the salesperson begins the “presentation,” start the count down. When their time is up, you have fulfilled your obligation and may leave. You said that “the second to last [sales person] was RUDE an told me to stop texting my children who were back in the room freaking out because we were late." --- When we were there, I told our sales person that we had to leave at a certain time and that we would be cutting the time close as our daughter had an appointment at the “Bibbidy Bobbidy Botique” in Downtown Disney. Our salesperson actually sped things up, and when it looked like we might be a little late, she called the boutique, herself, to ensure our spot was saved! “You also had to pay for the lazy river tubes.” --- Well, that’s what they say, but you can always find an abandoned tube, to play on, then leave it for someone else. “This is a resort in Orlando were people come to go to Disney an other parks an usually do not return to the resort till around 5pm exactly when they close the lazy river an slides…” --- When we were there, nothing closed until 10PM.
• “Do NOT recommend to a friend, or even an enemy!!!” ( Reviewed July 1, 2012) – “the front desk people as well as their supervisors were patronizing (patronizing or trying to explain things in detail so there is no misunderstanding???)... the carpets were stained, the furniture was ancient, there was pubic hair in the bathroom & it smelled. We complained and they switched our room to another one... Basically, the same room but worse than the 1st... [the] hot water went within 5 minutes..we took cold showers that night and the next day...spiders and insects galore....[the] screen door was broken, shades in bedroom didn't cover window n we got the 6am sun waking us up & shining in our eyes. our DVD was broken and we called to have it fixed, the man who came was rud, listening to his iPod.” --- Again, I will say that if I stayed in a place where I felt that uncomfortable, I would leave and demand and receive my refund and go elsewhere…THEN! You also said, “... And that pool does not get cleaned..there was garbage and soil and crap floating around the whole thing.... “ --- Again, you must not have been there when I was as every morning the pool was crystal clear, free of debris, and inside and outside the pool was always clean.
Finally, I want to agree with some of those who feel differently that some of the above reviews:
• “Great place for a family. Do not hesitate.” ( Reviewed June 30, 2012) –
o Breezes: In the West Village. We LOVED this place in the evenings. This is the place to be at night. There is a large pool here comfortable enough to let kids run & play without chasing & worrying about them every second. Every night they have the Sunset Celebration where a fun crew entertains with limbo, hula hoop contests, face painting, etc... To be honest, we took our own beer & no one cared.
o River Island: This is the huge area where you will find the most water entertainment. There is a fun zone where everything does cost money. Use your judgement to determine if the play pass is worth it for your family.
o All in all, I was very pleased with this property. Lots to do & more than favorable accommodations.
o If you're on the fence about staying here, stop thinking, just do it. You won't regret it.
Now, a few words from me…
• In some of the above reviews, it sounds to me that some people are confusing the “resort” with the “hotel.”
• People do not look at things as if THEY were the owners. At first the idea of a “Cashless” resort upset me until I looked at it from the resort’s point of view. I have personally been “stiffed” by people who write bad checks, etc. Having the “cashless” resort ensures that the resort and its owners will receive what they should; they will not be “stiffed.”
• The only real problem we had is that when we arrived, our key card did not work. The staff promptly sent someone up to the room to let us in and bring us functioning key cards. For our delay, the resort gave us a $50.00 certificate good for anything in the resort…really nice!
Our two bedroom villa came with:
• an 8 piece place setting of dishes, silverware, and extra glasses
• extra utensils, knives, storage bowls with lids, measuring cups, pots, pans, a strainer, etc
• dishwashing detergent AND dishwasher liquid
• dish cloths and towels, a roll of paper towels, placemats, a pitcher, extra bags for regular trash and recycling
• a dishwasher with a disposal
• a vacuum, broom and dustpan, cleaning buckets and supplies for cleaning
• detergent for the clothes washer
• Extra towels, wash clothes, linens, and pillows (and soft, comfortable pillow top beds)
• and many other items; too many to mention
• the pool areas also have a huge bin stacked with warm beach/pool towels
There is also a LOT of “free” things to do all over this place! You could enjoy your entire vacation without leaving this resort. It is truly a “home away from home.”
Tell them L. Carr from Kentucky sent you...enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom.At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the magic with your own personal Disney concierge at our Disney Planning Center that is also located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf a bowling alley arcades and 54 holes of golf. Whats more we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resorts activities. Orange Lake Resort provides a premiere Florida vacation at a hotel that is 100% smoke free. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando