“Great Lazy River” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“Great Lazy River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

We booked our one week stay with RCI. They gave us the West Village which we tried to changed after reading the negative reviews but could not get it changed. The book in process was terrible (very long), this is a huge resort and they had some kind of event going on in an attempt to initiate more business for timeshare sales. The condo we stayed in was not near a pool, the furnishings were worn, but all in all, very clean and comfortable. The resort had a huge lazy river by the new River Island complex along with slides, and the entire family had a great time. The timeshare gave us starter supplies, so no complaint there. We had a full washer/dryer in our condo which is a lfiesaver for us. During our stay we saw blue herons and vultures outside of our patio doors. It was really fascinating! My one other complaint is that the condo did not have the sheet set for my son and the pull out couch. We had to call 3 times to try and get sheets, which were delivered the next day and still without pillow cases. Housekeeping got less of a tip than we normally give them. Since this is such a large, spread out resort, I would recommend having a car for transportation. I don't think we would have enjoyed waiting around for the shuttle service, especially on a hot day.

• Liked — The Island River activities
  • Disliked — Too far from pools
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

We booked through RCI and were placed in the West Village Tennis Villas. Which were clean very nice and spacious. They were also well decortated and we could see the Disney fireworks from our balcony at night. I read some of the reviews of this place especially the West Village I was really scared but very pleasantly surprised. There was a lot to do and the pools were very nice. We also found a nice restaraunt called Houlahans right down the road great food and great prices an extensive wine list. Over all this was a really nice place. Do not believe everything you read.

• Liked — Nice villa and size of villa.
  • Disliked — Must have a car very large property.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

This is a perfect place to explore Orlando and its attractions with your family. We stayed in a brand new 3 bed/3bath unit at East Village. The resort is located only 5 miles from Disney and it is very convenient. However, remember to unplug all the phones you have in your unit. During my 5 nights stay there I got a call every morning at 8:30AM from the staff people offering me tickets with discount and inviting me for a "free" breakfast. What that means is once you are there they will do whatever they can to sell you a time-share in the resort. Thus, if you want to rest and not have inappropriate wake-up calls remember to unplug the phones. Other than that, there is no better place to stay with your family.

• 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
brantford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

I stayed at Orange Lake in Dec. 2007. I had booked this resort for a group of 8 adults on a golf trip.

This is a time share resort.

This place is great if you are going on a golf vacation. The units are huge. We had a two bedroom condo - one bedroom had a king, the other bedroom had two queens and there was a queen pull out.
Each of the rooms had a TV.

Full kitchen - even the utensils were included. Room had a washer/dryer. Balcony overlooked one of the 4 golf courses on site.

Pool area looked great. There is also a water park at the resort.

This resort would be great for a family. You could literally stay at the resort all week long if you wanted to. There is mini golf for the kids, water slides, 4-5 restaurants/bars, tennis, etc. I also noticed that the resorted posted a daily activity agenda, and it seemed that there were plenty of things for families to do.

As I said, this is a timeshare resort. Upon check in I was asked if I was interested in a presentation, to which I declined. The staff were very polite and thanked me. I was not pressured at all.

The resort in right on #192 in Kissimmee, just a couple of miles west of I-4. it is about 10 minute drive to the Walt Disney property - great location.

I am planning on returning to Orlando very soon, and I will make Orange Lake my first choice, for sure!!

• Liked — Very spacious and clean condos - modern decor
  • Disliked — Maid service is not included - available for a fee
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

My family (me, wife and 2 kids aged 12 & 16) stayed at Orange Lake Resort during Christmas 2007 and found it to be a great place to stay - I traded a timeshare week. I had read the Travel reviews prior to leaving, which recommended avoiding the West Village. We called in advance to request not to be put there but were told we could not prearrange this. Fortunately, we were placed in a 2 bedroom unit in the East Village and found the accomodations to be really quaint & nice!!

We arrived at the Orange Lake Resort (drove in from NC) at around 1 PM and had to stand in a bothersome line to wait to register - an employee gleefully said if we were "owners" the wait would be minimal. After about a 45-60 minute process we were told the room would be ready after 4PM so we headed off to Epcot (I had ordered our 7-day park hopper passes well in advance and had them on-hand). BTW - they are renovating the reception/check-in area (located in West Village) so I was glad to not be staying in their. The assistance about Disney from the service counter was very good and helped during the registration delay! Unfortunately, when we went back arounfd 10PM to get our room keys we had to wait in a line again (no express for those already checked in).

East Village is very nice. We were on the 6th floor overlooking the golf-course. The unit had two bedrooms, two bathrooms (MBR had a nice whirlpool bath), a large kitchen with eat at counter, living room and dining area, plus a screened in porch. Also, East Village was nicely located as there was a seperate entrance/exit that was closer to Disney on 192 .

We were typically not at the resort much except Christmas morning - we took a small Christmas tree and decorations and some presents and spent a couple of hours in the suite doing Christmas and breakfast.

Disney World was great...so beautifully decorated. Even though the parks were busy we never felt crowded except when a main event was happening (like the parades or fireworks). We thoroughly enjoyed using the fast-pass system, which tremendously helped us plan our days. Highlights were Cirque Du Soleih, which was unbelievable as was the Candlelight choir at Epcot and the Harlem Choir at MGM. We also took tme to tour Disney's top 4 resorts and had a reasonably priced great lunch at the Floridian (gorgeous!!)

Overall, we had a great time at Orange Lake and Disney and hope to go back someday with grandchildren.

ALSO, the calls about timeshare were NEVER an issue...no pressure!

Liked — Room & view
Disliked — Registration and getting keys

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

Just got back from Orange Lake and truly did not want to leave. We read the reviews prior to leaving and heard about the West Village, so we requested not to be put there. Instead we were placed in a 2 bedroom unit in the East Village, lucky us!! We arrived to Orange Lake at around 12:30 am, after about a 20-30 minute drive from the airport and were happy to find that check in was a breeze. They are renovating the reception/check in area, should be done within the next few weeks, so its temporally across the street (a few feet away) but was no inconvience at all. They are renovating the entire West Village, and are adding new units in several areas, however the construction was never an issue (you saw it but never heard it at crazy hours). I'll quickly break down our trip:

East Village: great, mostly all new units. Our building (87500) was one of the last ones (at the end of East Village), and it overlooked one of the golf courses. The unit had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, den and dining area, plus a spacious screened in porch. There was a nice pool and SMALL fitness center within a 2 minute walk, which was never packed (even during Christmas week). River Island was about a 10 minute walk, where there is a great mini golf course, and some restaurants. To be honest we didn't spend much time there, b/c we did not have any kids with us. We did mini-golf one night, it was alot of fun but I recommend bringing bug spray. Also, if staying in East Village there is another entrance (where Publix is) that we used to enter & exit the property because it is so much closer to the East village.

Golf: My husband and his friend (an avid golfer) golfed all the courses and loved them. There is a lighted night course which is open until about 9:30 pm, which they enjoyed too. The caddies were very helpful, and they rarely had a problem getting a tee time, even if they called that morning.

Food: We only ate at one restaurant on the property, The Legacy Grill, which was mostly bar food (chicken fingers, burgers, etc.) but it was very good. Restaurants off the property we enjoyed were Carrabba's (5 minutes away) which is a chain Italian restaurant but I have to say the food was great and the staff was nice-we recommend call ahead seating. We had a wonderful meal at Ruth Chris Steakhouse (about 15-20 minutes away), our waiter was great and the food was amazing. We heard lots of great things about Old Hickory in Gaylord Palms hotel, the hotel was beautiful but I unfortunately got food poisoning. I am a vegetarian, but I eat some fish, they were out of salmon (their catch of the day)& were very unaccomodating to my needs. I would have settled for some vegetables on a plate, instead they said the only other fish that had was Lobster tail (75.00 may I add), that gave me food poisoning. The rest of our party was not impressed with their meals either. The other nights we cooked or ate on Disney property.

Activities: There were hourly activities occurring each day in the resort. However, we enjoyed hanging out by our quiet pool for some relaxing down time. As noted earlier there is a small gym with an elliptical, treadmill, bench press & leg curl. There is a larger one somewhere on the property but I never ventured there b/c this one was so close. I wish I had more details, but we were not there long enough to see everything-sorry!

Overall, we had a great time at Orange Lake and felt we needed to stay longer to truly appreciate all of the amenities the resort offers. Oh, I forgot to mention others have noted it too-get a car if you can. The property is huge and there are shuttles that go around but it is so much easier if you have your own car. Anyway we can't wait to go back to the East Village at Orange Lake to enjoy this beautiful resort, and to see all the new renovations too.
P.S.-Just ignore the phone calls from timeshare/or tell them you are not interested, they will call at least once everyday even if you are an owner but its not a big deal.

• Liked — Room , Golf, endless activities
  • Disliked — Lack of towels at pool
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

We booked a two bedroom unit through a travel website. The unit we were given was an older unit and did not match the photos online. The large pool complex was about a mile away in a newer development - these are the photos you see online.

While the unit was not what we expected it would have been OK except the heavy smell of smoke. At first we thought the place just needed to air out, but the smell just seemed to get stronger. It permeated all our clothes. The entire complex is supposed to be non-smoking and they charge a $250 fee for smoking in the rooms. Apparently, they don't spend any of it to clean up the room.

The complex is convenient to Disney World and it's easy to get on I-4 and head anywhere on the west side of Orlando (where all the tourist parks are located). The kitchen is stocked with untensils, pots, pans, plates, etc.

• Liked — 2 bedrooms and kitchen
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!