You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #18 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We just came back today from orange lake- I wanted to write a review because my parents have owned at olcc for many years and we have been trading it to see other areas and before we went back I read reviews- I do not agree with the negative ones and knew that is not how I remembered my past stays at olcc- to start we had a blast the only day we left the resort was for discovery cove and I still feel like I missed so many activities we wanted to do on the resort( spent too long drinking those delicious piña coladas by the pool! The landscape is gorgeous very well kept! Check in was fast and they accommodated us with a room switch so we could check in at 10am because ours was not ready! Resort is cashless but they still accept debit and credit saw many people trying to pay with cash that forgot but you can always use the room key also. We loved the north village pool but went to west for bingo every. There were even still a few pools that we never went to

I see the manager reads these reviews and didn't see a comment card in the room so decided to put them here:

On thrusday for 19.95 per person they held a comedy show which was AWESOME
Erik Olson Was definitely a hit! He had everyone laughing and knew how to entertain adults with kids present! What a great time we had at that and the food was also great!! Highly recommend price sounds steep but it comes with an all you can eat buffet ribs,chicken,,salad ect

The staff was all knowledgable and pleasant! The shuttle bus drivers Ada, Ed, Ollie answered every question we had about the resort and shared the days activities with us ( found out about comedy show and happy hour from them! Donna at breezes from Massachusetts was a great waitress!

I would like to say the tube rental at river island is outrageous and as owners you should not have to pay $9 - one day they closed the gym at west village and didn't tell anyone they would be so that was a pain for ppl without a car had to go down to ri very nice equiptment tho!

Make sure to tell them if your an owner when buying things for the 10% discount!

I agree with the bike rentals! My boyfriend said it the whole trip they should have them
Shuttles were very quick but it was not a busy week!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Hi there! It’s been a while since we’ve received a review from one of our valued owners, and have to say…It’s sooo good to hear from you!! :) So, thanks for taking the time. Thanks also for reading some of the reviews. We agree that not all of the reviews represent the resort experience we are proud to provide, and we’re especially glad to hear you say that your past stays were nothing close to what some describe. As someone that’s been staying with us for years, you are probably the best to help our future guests understand what to expect, which is why we appreciate you including our cashless resort policy, personable staff, pool-side Pina Coladas and many activities in your review. More, we’re so glad you joined us for Comedy Night at Legacy Sports Bar & Grill! We’re so glad to hear you say you thought it was AWESOME! It's a great recommendation for singles, couples and families alike. As you can probably imagine, we hear the tube rental comment quite a bit. You have a great point about owning and still being asked to rent, so I am happy to share that with management. However, to ensure the quality and safety of the Lazy River experience for all of our guests, we do have to limit the tubes to those that we provide, and, unfortunately, there is a cost associated with staffing and maintaining all those tubes. Thank you for understanding and for the bike rental suggestion. Who knows maybe we’ll have them available next time you stay with us? About the comment cards, you should be receiving one via email very soon. We hope you’ll share your positive comments there as well! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Polish first
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011 via mobile

We've stayed here just before Holiday Inn took over, and a lot has changed. It's a very nice resort, rooms clean (at least in River Island bldg where we stayed). I found the reports of roaches and bugs in the rooms surprising.

My biggest complaint was it cost $50 per person to tube in the lazy river. That amounted to a whopping $250 for the 5 of us!! I honestly expected that would have been included. Other amenities were also very pricey, such as $25 to rent a squirt-gun boat.

I still recommend this resort, but I get the feeling that sales are weak, and Holiday Inn is gouging on the amenities to take up the revenue slack.

• Stayed May 2011
Good day. It’s a pleasure to have you stay with us again! You’re right when you say that a lot has changed since we became apart of the Holiday Inn Brand Family…we’ve grown! In addition to the name (which is probably the most obvious), we’ve enhanced the front desk and arrival experience, refreshed many of our villas and sleeping accommodations, lowered our rental rates, added a few websites and so much more. Some of the things that will never change, however, is our dedication to our owners, members and guests and providing a resort experience where memorable vacations are created and shared among family and friends time and again. Speaking of value, we’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with the lazy river tube and water sport rentals. Tube rentals at River Island are $9 per person per day. If you rent them individually everyday, we understand that those costs can add up, which is why we offer an all-inclusive 3- and 7-day Play Pass. Gauging from the cost you shared, it sounds like you opted for the 7-day Play Pass, which in addition to unlimited tube rentals also includes unlimited rounds of miniature golf and unlimited access to the Fun Zone’s rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline and World’s largest inflatable waterslide, The Hippo. So, thanks for taking advantage of this.

Before we go, we wanted to clarify a few things for you and our future guests. Holiday Inn did not take over. Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a brand that was created in September 2008 as a strategic alliance between IHG, the world’s largest hotel company, and Orange Lake Resorts, a leader within the timeshare industry with more than 25 years of proven success. The two companies continue to work together with the common goal of providing quality family vacation experiences. Contrary to what you propose in your review, sales at Orange Lake Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacation resort properties are extremely healthy and do not have any bearing on the cost of certain amenities. Staffing and maintaining quality amenities incur operational costs, and the prices we charge are simply an effort to offset these expenses and provide an opportunity for us to enhance them for your future enjoyment.

We hope this helps answer some of your questions. We are more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you, again, for your review and your recommendation! Best.
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Loved this resort, the 2nd one we visited during our 2 week stay in Orlando. We were in the West Village tennis area in a 2bdrm aprt on the 4th floor with a balcony overlooking the lake and golf course - ideal location as it was walking distance to the pool, reception area and marketplace. We asked to be moved from the pre-assigned stand alone villa to this area as my youngest son had a strained leg muscle and we wanted him to be able to easily walk to the pools etc - this request was met straight away during our efficient and v easy check in.
We travelled with our 17, 14 and 11 yr old children who did not want to leave at all! Spent one of the days at the River Island complex with the lazy river and spoilt ourselves with a cabana - absolutely heavenly day and possibly the highlight of our whole trip!
In hindsight we wish we had planned better to include more resort time as in between visiting all the theme parks we were left with needing more R and R (!)
Would love to return and will be HIGHLY recommending this resort to anybody and everybody back home herein New Zealand!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stayed orange lakes for week end april after a confusing map of directions realised the resort is in maingate not kissimme, on arrival at reception was warmly welcomed by reception staff who then gave me keys to a 2 bedroom condo in the west village which i was told had been upgraded. Due to the size of the complex got lost at first but then found unit it had been upgraded but although it was ok not what expected sheraton vistanna far superior as parkway vacation village and wyndham bonnet creek.The unit was ok size with ok furniture there are plenty facilities on resort with shuttle bus to take you round resort as if you dont have car and have young kids or elderly parents with you either need to take bus or i would strongly recomend a car. Outside complex there is a applebees or alehouse walgreens within 5 minute drive and 10 mins will get you target or longhorn steak house the complex is geared for you to stay in at night as road you would have to walk along to get to thease places is dimly lit. For me the complex was too far away from bars and resturaunts which iam used to for that reason only would not return. Sorry orange lakes but there is better resorts out there in better locations. I felt the set up made it hard to go outside at night the bars inside are there so you dont have to go out but realy nothing outside anyway.Strong point the river resort is far superior to the other parts of resort but wasnt offered there .

Room Tip: ask for river resort
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Used and RCI exchange week. After reading all the comments on the timeshare pitch and having more RCI weeks than I know what to do with, I made sure I dodged the sales pitch at check-in, by foregoing the "$20 gift certificate validation" LOL and running out citing a wife and child in the hot car outside which was true, but pre-planned:).
They only called a couple of times (while we were home), but I didn't answer and they left no message, so I knew it was them. So in short, easy peasy to avoid the whole pitch, but read my comment at end.

The west village 2 bdrm, 2 bath villa was absolutely fantastic. Very well furnished, decorated, and appointed with everything we would need for a 1 week vacation. The units are huge and perfectly laid out even with European style bathrooms where the sink is accessible separate from the toilet/shower, so you all can get ready in the morning quickly. Our unit was spotless and completely bug free and it was some kind of mating season for some flying ants or something so that says a lot about the quality of the cleaning.

We are a family of 4 with 2 girls ages 5 and 3. The "starter" kit of stuff was way more than we needed for the week and we ate in 2-3 meals a day and only went off the resort to Disney on 3 days out of 7. We packed clothes for 3-4 days and didn't even use all the laundry detergent supplied. It sounds like different folks may have different needs, so I suggest checking out what is in the unit before shopping to decide for yourself. We had time to kill before getting our room and ended up buying toilet paper and detergent that we didn't use at all. Even soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion are all supplied for a weeks stay, so don't bother bringing any. If we went back, I'm convinced we could travel with 3 full-size carry-ons given what they supply in the villa and the laundry facilities. Beds and pillows were all excellent quality.

As mentioned in other reviews, you can wait for the shuttle or you would need a car to get around all the facilities. The person who suggested the bike rentals is dead on. Based on the age of my kids, we didn't spend any money on extra activities, but I definitely would have considered renting bikes for the week. Maybe rent bikes AND kid trailers? That would be great to boot around the resort. I would have paid $100 for 2 decent bikes and a bike trailer for 2 kids for one week.

We mostly hung out at the north village splash lagoon. The pool behind our unit worked well for quick cool-offs before dinner after a day at Disney or shopping. The 2 or 3 pools we visited were all very nice and clean. Keep an eye on little ones because I didn't see a lot of lifeguards, but the pools are about as toddler friendly as you can make them.

We ate at Breezes twice. Decent food and prices were not bad for a resort. The service was fine. The millers ale house and olive garden just outside the resort were still way better value for money and tastier food (especially the ale house), but Breezes had entertainment for the kids (magicians, face painting, hula hoop competitions, balloon animal guy on stilts, so it's a toss up on whether I'd eat there or off the resort. Besides...you wouldn't have to drink and drive if you eat on the resort...which is definitely worth the extra price. Booze seemed very expensive compared to places outside the resort, but if you're just hanging by the pools, I noticed a lot of people discreetly using their own booze and no one seemed to care, despite the "official" signs.

Super Target across the street was handy and cheap for everything from groceries to cheap pool toys that you wouldn't feel bad leaving behind.

I am guessing that this place would be pretty good to stay at as a destination of it's own, even though we mainly used it as a base to visit Disney and various malls.

If you are interested in the RCI exchange program, this would probably be a pretty nice place to be your "home resort"...but as I said, I'm saying that with no idea about the price and terms.

Highly recommended to anyone wanting to visit Orlando.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Hello Toronto Beach Boy! We’re delighted you chose Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort as your home base for your Orlando family Vacation. Your ability to exchange here (and anywhere in the RCI network) highlights one of the many advantages of vacation ownership, but we are most flattered to hear you say that we would be a nice place to own for those interested in the exchange program. You’re right. As a RCI Gold Crown Resort, our owners and members are able to exchange just about anywhere any time, depending on what week they own.

Enough about timeshare though…It’s more important that you, your partner and two girls had a great time and found your 2bedroom, 2bath villa fantastic. We’re also glad that you had everything you needed for a week’s stay and that you think our housekeeping does a great job of preparing the rooms for your arrival. Thanks also for dining at Breeze’s, and we’re glad you enjoyed the family-friendly entertainment we provide.

Before we go, a couple of recent reviews have mentioned a desire to have bicycle rentals on property, and we’re looking into it! It’s a great idea, but we need to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests firsts. As your review mentions, bicyclists would have to share the road with guests’ cars and golf carts. So, thanks for your recommendation. We’re listening to you! Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

When my family and I arrived the staff was very helpful. The rooms were immaculate. It was like paradise. This place features a lazy pool, its like a water park. I loved it. The Good thing about it, its minutes away from Disney World.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hi there and thanks for your review. We love your headline, Best Stay EVER, but your review also highlights some of the features we are most proud of: A friendly and helpful staff, spacious and spotless accommodations, family fun entertainment at River Island and all at a location close to Disney. Thanks to you for pointing these out. We’re glad you had a great time and we greatly appreciate the five-star ratings you gave us! Hope to see you again soon. Best!
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

This place is wonderful. My wife and two small children love it here. We have made visiting orange lake an annual event. The golf is outstanding and so our the pools. My kids love to play in the fountains at Splash Lagoon! Some of the younger staff that works the Hippo slide are not very professional but all the other staff was great. we will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Jdog! It’s not every day that someone takes the time to acknowledge our founder Kemmons Wilson in a review. We, too, believe he was on to something: To provide a fun and relaxing environment where memorable vacations are created and shared among family and friend time and again. And, gauging your review, it sounds like that’s exactly the type of vacations your family has enjoyed with us over the years! Thank you for sharing that! We’re glad that you continue to enjoy the great golf we offer and the kids Splash Lagoon. Thanks for the feedback about the FUN team at the HIPPO slide in River Island. Although it’s a little disappointing, I will share you comment with management to ensure a more pleasant experience when you visit next. See you again next year!

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!