“Disappointed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Encantada Resort

You added Encantada Resort to your Saves list
Encantada Resort
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   3070 Secret Lake Drive (office), Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Encantada Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2 FREE DRINKS
Hollywood, Florida
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The welcome was lovely, the staff were nice, the unit was clean and well equipped. I needed to use the phone so drove down to office to find out how it worked and complain about the jacuzzi within 30 minutes of arriving, I returned to the rental unit tried to call Miami but discovered that I needed a calling card the receptionist very kindly sent a card down to me, and the first of the staff to look at the jacuzzi!!
The bed was extremely hard, We were there for 4 days for the first 3 days I complained about the jacuzzi, it would not heat, the first time I was told it took an hour to heat the second time I was told it took 4 hours and the third time someone came and switched it off and took off the cover we had put on top to help it reach an acceptable temperature. I had changed my original booking to Encantada because it had a jacuzzi, the jacuzzi was a source of constant irritation, and I wish I had stayed with my original booking so that I would not have to complain constantly!! The last thing you want on a long weekend is to spend time complaining, and I really feel my complaint was not dealt with properly. I wanted everything for my daughter and partner to be perfect and this issue spoiled it for me.
A guide for the TV would have been very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a great place to stay. It was roomy, and in a good location. The hot tub was a definite plus. The only complaint with the room would be it seemed to take forever to get the hot water. We booked through hotels.com and paid in advance. When we arrived to check in we were told that they just needed to collect our $95 cleaning fee. I explained to the woman we were not told about any cleaning fee. She explained she could not help us, it could not be waived and we should have been notified of this charge when booking. I think a $95 cleaning fee is a little excessive for a 2 night stay especially when we received no housekeeping. We were even instructed to take our trash to the dumpster on the way out.

• Stayed February 2013
Seaham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed in a two bed townhouse (3004 Secret Lake Drive). It was lovely and had everything you needed including towels for the jacuzzi. There are shower rooms attached to each bedroom but there isn't a bath in either. This may be an issue if you have young children who like to go in the tub. As we are a mature couple this did not present a problem for us. There are lots of restaurants nearby on the 192 but you definitely could not stay here without the use of a car. We stayed 10 nights and the property was cleaned on the seventh day. We have rented villas for years and have never had a cleaning service so this was a bonus. Kitchen towels and dish soap were supplied as well as miniture toiletries in the shower rooms. The staff are extremely helpful, and Diane on reception went out of her way to help me with an issue I had with checking in on line. Wifi is available in the townhouses at a cost, but is free in reception. Unfortunately the internet security had expired on the public computers and I was uneasy about using them to pay Virgin for an extra bag. However, Diane sorted this out for me. I highly recommend Encantada, and I look forward to staying here on my next visit to Orlando

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

our family of 4 stayed at the Encantada Resort from December 3 to 13th, 2012. Our reservation process went smooth thanks to Vincent (owner). The location in relation to all the parks was fantasitc, the house was well decorated and clean. The beds are newer and very comfortable. We loved the pool especially after a long day at the parks! Overall very pleased and would stay at the Encantada Resort again!!

Thanks for a FABULOUS STAY! You helped make amazing memories!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thanks to Anil and Anita - at emanagement !!
They took awesome care in every respect
great place -
quite and comfortable
even a bottle of wine on arrival
always at hand
very pleased
all facilities clean
awesome for family
local to everything

Room Tip: Ask for ANITA !!.. insist on speaking with her.. !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KissimmeeKissimmee, Manager at Encantada Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to see you again - we do get a lot of repeat stays and really do value you. We love referrals and always work hard to make the guest feel at home and welcomed - a home from home !
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were there for 3 nights. The villa is beautiful, but empty. You have to go right out and shop for the small necessities (most villas offer a starter kit). We also were charged a ridiculous $75 for maid service!!! I'm upset because we never received any maid serviceWe never once seen a maid. I believe in tipping, but this was ridiculous for 3 nights. Do not rent, if it's less than a week, because the $75 maid service is non negotiable. The villa/resort is beautiful!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great location with convenient places to shop and eat. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to Disney depending on traffic and park. Universal was about 20 minutes. The house was clean and well decorated. Rooms were nice with 2 1/2 baths. Some of the negatives: No dish washer detergent or liquid dish washing soap. Pool was very small and required extra money to heat which was not stated when I booked the house. Some of the other houses had bigger pools though. Overall not too bad and I would recommend it to my friends with the caveat of the pool size.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Encantada Resort? Share your experiences!