“OK value, but not more” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4970 Kyng's Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #55 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Helsingborg, Sweden
“OK value, but not more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was a bit small and it felt a bit muggy, but it wasn't too bad.
We have also stayed at a few Travelodge motels during our trip in Florida, and if I compare those rooms with the Red Roof Inn room, I would advise you to choose Travelodge, even if you have to pay maybe 20 dollars more per night.
We were a bit dissapointed that the promised included breakfast didn't exist anymore, so be prepared to go to the nearby Publix and make some purchases.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed that we couldnt live upto your expectations. We continue to make improvements to our hotel, this year we will be replacing all guest room furniture with modern and sleek look and bathroom vanities. We have already installed flat screen TV's in our rooms along with new wood vinyl plank flooring and new bedding package.

We are also updating our public areas with new paint, lighting and furniture. We hope to have you stay with us again and see all these wonderful improvements which will leave our competition far behind in terms of quality, value and service.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I wish we had of researched this motel more before coming to Kissimmee. My partner booked our holiday as a surprise after finding a good deal with Expedia. We did check this motels facilities on its own website but we never got the fridge & microwave as stated. The motel boasted on the high standard of renovation to its rooms but the aircon kept switching its self off, the bathroom extractor never worked, the TV picture was fuzzy, the room smelt of a mixture of mould and sick, they didn't refresh the towels or change the lined, when you touched furniture it was sticky, our socks/feet turned black and even when I stood outside for a smoke I could smell dog mess and foul rubbish . Overall this has to be the worse place I have ever stayed in. We did not ask for a change of room like most guests seem to have had to do, as in the Uk it is expected that all rooms are equally cleaned and maintained, so we thought the entire motel was unclean and shabby. Too much hassle to trapse around room after room for a clean one with the facilities stated on their web, why should we of had to, they should make sure all rooms are of the same standard. we will definately do more investigation in the future.

Room Tip: we could not reccommend this motel at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for not living upto your expectations, we take all guests comments seriously and will look into every item and take necessary steps to correct them.

Please contact us at hotel and ask for Lindsay Woods so we can talk to you directly. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you in future.

Again I apologize for inconvenience that was caused and sincerely hope that we will see you again.

New Britain, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We delt with Deniece, travelocity canceled my booking, we called and she worked it out! she was very friendly and has a GREAT personality! YOU ROCK Deniece!! Keep it up! The room was said to have a fridge and microwave, but due to other occomidations we did not have that in our room. So in the morning i spoke to a nice gentlemen who changed my room, i was not able to get the room because it was being cleaned till i came back from my day travels, when I recieved the new room, it did have a microwave, fridge and remote for the TV. BUT the fan in the bathroom did not work, and the ac unit only blew air out half the unit. So i went to Deniece again and she let me go check 2 diffrent rooms, one didnt have the fridge n microwave so i didnt want it, the other had a bad smell of onions, musty from previous guest and the bathroom fan also didnt work in that one, so when i went to Deniece again, she upgraded me to a suite, 2 beds and a living room.. for the inconviniences that took about 1 hour to move rooms and then check the others.. I am VERY satisfied with the guest service here. ONLY reccomendations i have is that the rooms need some plug in air freshiners and NEW TOILETS, they are VERY VERY SLOW to flush you number 2.. LOL.... but I WILL BE staying here again when I come to Kissimmee again, and hope that Deniece is STILL here.. she was soo awsome with the upgrade that i got her some Mcdonalds ON ME!!! thanks again Deniece... YOU ROCK!!! Keep it up!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing to serve you and host you at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that Deneice provided excellent service and was able help to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, she will definetely recognized for her professionalism and effort.

We look forward to you returning and staying with us again hopefully in near future.

Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Up on the arrival the night auditor - Deniece was very helpfull in accomodating giving the rooms situated for all of our big group. She is always available anytime during her shift and awlays in a good friendly mood with a positive attitude!
The general Manager - Lindsey was very nice and friendly and make herself available also she was really kind with all the people from the group espessially with me!
If you're looking to stay in Kissimmee this is the right place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing to serve you and host you at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that Deneice provided excellent service and was able help to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, she and Lindsay will definetely recognized for thier professionalism and effort.

Madrid - Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I got in Kissimmee late at night (early in the morning), nothing had worked ever since I arrived at the airport. When I walked through the door, I knew it would all be alright. I found my new friend, Deniece Kephart, who went abslutely out of her way to help me out, incredible! The hotel has been good, but the people who work there are AMAZING. I highly recommend them!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have stayed with us. Deniece will be recognized for your outstanding service and hospitality.

We look forward to having you back at our hotel.

Safe Travels.

Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels while traveling and i have to say this is the worse one i been to, and i have stayed at motel 6 and other low grade motels. I did not get any sleep at all, the fire alarms kept going off all night then we were kicked out of our rooms and when we finally got back in it was time to check out and mind u i was in my third trimester of pregnancy and with a child that has severe medical problems. i got no apology, no refund or no free night. i have tried contacting them 3 times and get no response.

Room Tip: i wouldnt stay at this location period, maybe a different location but not this one
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We had an actual fire in a guest room when you stayed with us last August, this was common knowledge to all guest present that day, I am sure you the emergency personnel on site. Our emergency fire alarm system did what it s suppose to do, to alert guests and vacate premises. We had apologized to every guest for inconvenience and all guests understood that it was an accident in a guest room and were very understanding of the issue and thankful that our emergency system was upto date and functional.

I apologize to you for your inconvenience, but we dont issue refunds for situations beyond our control or acts of nature. We will be happy to accommodate you for your future stay if you contact us directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I were on vacation and due to lack of planning had not made reservations for lodging.Upon arriving in the area we found several hotels however most were places I was not comfortable having my wife and children stay at. After at least six other hotels I came to the red roof inn. Reluctantly I went inside. Due to the quality of the other hotels in the area I was not expecting much. I was frusterated and tired to say the least. The lady at the front desk, lindsay, turned my day around instantly. Her attitude and demeanor was the thing I needed. I had told her about my trip and immediately asured me I had found the rite spot she showed me a room and I was very impressed it was clean and just what we needed. I was so happy to find a nice place my whole attitude changed. We will definitely. Be back

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in a suite which I highly recommend
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for allowing to serve you and host you at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that Lindsay provided excellent service and was able help turn around your day, she will definetely recognized for her professionalism and effort.

Hotel Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!