“nice suprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“nice suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I were on vacation and due to lack of planning had not made reservations for lodging.Upon arriving in the area we found several hotels however most were places I was not comfortable having my wife and children stay at. After at least six other hotels I came to the red roof inn. Reluctantly I went inside. Due to the quality of the other hotels in the area I was not expecting much. I was frusterated and tired to say the least. The lady at the front desk, lindsay, turned my day around instantly. Her attitude and demeanor was the thing I needed. I had told her about my trip and immediately asured me I had found the rite spot she showed me a room and I was very impressed it was clean and just what we needed. I was so happy to find a nice place my whole attitude changed. We will definitely. Be back

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in a suite which I highly recommend
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for allowing to serve you and host you at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that Lindsay provided excellent service and was able help turn around your day, she will definetely recognized for her professionalism and effort.

We look forward to you returning and staying with us again hopefully in near future.

Thank you again.

Syed Raza
Hotel Manager

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spent two nights here December 8-9, 2012. And while I was impressed with the laminate floor upgrades within guest suites, I was disappointed by the ongoing key card errors delaying and sometimes preventing room access. It would take 5-15 minutes for the door slider to recognize and read the key card. I found the issue not only a nuisance, but a safety hazard as well. When questioned, front desk personnel had little explanation for the cause, but most importantly was unable to resolve the issue. Also, Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South offers on-site guest laundry as an ammenity. Unfortunately, no change machine is provided onsite and front desk was also unable to provide change for ammenity use. I was instructed by staff to use the drink machines to obtain quarters and even worse, it was suggested that I leave the property (walk across the street to Publix Supermarket) and request change for a $10 bill from customer service desk. A guest should not EVER be asked to inconvenience themselves in order to make use of a hotel/motel offered and provided ammenity. I attribute this great lack of customer service to hired hotel/motel staff and not a reflection of Red Roof Inn Policy or Procedure as a whole.

Will I stay again? Yes. Will I bring change (quarters) with me? Most Definitely! The palm trees and poolside were absolutely gorgeous and it IS Florida, afterall. Who's NOT willing to deal with a minor inconvenience to enjoy a couple night's stay in The Sunshine State?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dawne R,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I have spoken with the staff members with need to provide and keep on hand appropriate amount of change for our guests needs and this will not be a problem moving forward.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your safe return to our hotel. Please contact us directly at hotel for any questions or reservation needs.

Thank you.

Syed Raza
Hotel Manager
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Selected a renovated room at an extra fee, expecting good conditions. Renovation did not include furnishings or fixtures, found myself disappointed. Inn is located well, area is walkable and serviced with good options. Clean, quiet and safe with good value makes a basic 3-rating. Room features show hard wear and rough use. Furniture and fixtures truly need renovation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have just concluded our first phase of renovations, which included new new flooring in all guest rooms, new bedding package, flat screen TV's, all guest room freshly painted, exterior painting and landscaping.

Second phase which includes new guest room furniture and vanity / bathrooms updates will commence in fourth quarter of this year.

We hope to see you before or after our phase two improvements has taken place, we are confident that you will be pleasantly surprised with look and quality of our new furnishings.

Please keep us in your plans for your next visit to Orlando area.

Respectfully,

Hotel Management
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a Red roof inn so don't expect luxury, but the hotel is perfect if you're planning to spend most of your time in the parks. The price that I got was really good so I can't complain much. The biggest disappointment was that the morning breakfast was discontinued and there was no broadcast about it. The front desk said it's because management is planning to change the menu, but that didn't sound like a good reason to stop the old menu when the new one was not ready. The bathroom door was broken and so didn't close properly. Other than that there were no problems and housekeeping was on time and clean. They have a ticket counter at the reception who sell cheap tickets and also buy your unused tickets back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Well as always this inn was clean and the staff so helpful and kind. It is close 7 miles to Seaworld, Discovery cove and Aquatica. It is about an hour ride or so to Busch Gardens. There is a Publix market and Burger King across the street and a Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Bob Evans restaurant in the same parking lot as the inn. There are many businesses so close it is great too many to name. Thank you Red Roof for another great vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: there is a laundry room on the premises but no fitness center and the restaurants are so close
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

i was there on oct 13 for night i used my visa debit car they put a $17.95 hold i call several times and got the run a round never again will i go there i been going there for years never had this problem i spoke to some one at the front dest they said its not our fault you need to call your credit car people i did that and they told me red roof need to send us a release form i just got the run a round

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!