“Location was good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Location was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Other than location and a pleasant desk clerk this was a disappointment.
I had reserved a non-smoking room online and requested a ground floor room. I was told when we arrived that there was no guarantee when using that method. The room they had set aside for us was a third floor non-smoking room. The clerk was kind enough to give us a smoking room but still it was on the second floor. We had large items to haul up the stairs (elevator was available but that did not help in our case).
So this was a let down. Then a bug was discovered on the floor the next day.
The room was described as renovated; however, the shower area groaned when stepped into. The furnishings were minimal and did not really impress me as renovated. Freshly painted probably.
The internet access was good. Slow but accessible. There was a nice TV in the room and two decent places to eat next door (pizza hut and bob evans)
Selecting this site was due to proximity to where we were to go the next morning. That was the deciding factor. Had I known that my room issues were to turn out like they did - I certainly would have picked up the phone.
IF YOU BOOK ONLINE CALL THEM AS A FOLLOW UP AND GET THE PERSONS NAME. Otherwise you may be rolling the dice.

Room Tip: Call first. Don't rely on booking online Check the room before you commit. A few minutes can sp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fort Sumner, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was okay for the price , I didn't like the location I felt like it was in the bad side of town. The first room they gave us turned out to be molded! and no one was suppose be in there! They changed our rooms said sorry, but still honestly the next room they gave us smelled like mold! The only thing I can say they are friendly.... But I hated hated the room , that place needs a remodel badly

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We decided to go with this hotel because we needed a place that allowed pets. When we first walked up to our rooms, there were mattresses left out near the stair ways, making it harder for guests to walk up the stairs. When we got into our room, we noticed the fridge was unplugged, so our drinks and food couldn't stay cool. Upon plugging my phone to charge, I noticed the face plates on the power outlets were cracked and left exposed. The deluxe 2 full beds and bathroom were smaller compared to other hotels. The bathtub was cracked and single switch to turn on the air event and bathroom lights, so it was loud in there all the time. AC unit is analog, but kept the place cool. The curtain didn’t keep any lights out, so it was bright during sleeping time. Just our luck, like every hotel we go to, each morning there were kids out front running around making loud footsteps. Consequently, scaring our dog and making him uneasy. The cleaning lady bin was loud and you could hear it every time she walked near our room. The free internet was dreadful, we couldn't load up any websites, even thought they had many routers. TV was standard definition; therefore we couldn't use our HDMI cable to watch Netflixs from our laptop. There was no coffeemaker or media console. We were running a few mins late checking out and they called us threatening to double charge us for our stay. Overall experience was not satisfying.

Room Tip: Their free internet is bad and there is no flat screen tv or coffee maker in the Deluxe 2 full beds...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed with my family for 5 days. The shower in our first room had some issues, the manager Dmitri changed the room right away and even gave us free upgrade. The hotel itself looked nice, it is not a 5 star hotel, but it is clean , has a nice pool and even laundry, so my wife was able to wash our kids clothes. The hotel staff made us feel like we on a Disney property, always smiling, friendly , helped us with directions around and even called a taxi for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was my first time at a red roof inn and boy was I surprised. I'm used to staying at high end hotels on vacations so I thought red roof would be sub par but it wasn't. The service was excellent the rooms clean and especially Jimmy from their staff went out of his way to accommodate. He even came out to help me change the flat tire on my rental car. Great guy. I'm looking forward to my next time there. And it goes without staying that I'm staying at red roof again.

• Stayed September 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

When I booked the hotel, I paid extra for an "updated" room. If the room I was in was updated I would hate to see the others! The floor (no carpet) was so dirty that when our 2 year old walked on it his feet turned black almost immediately.

The check in process took a long time due to the fact the desk clerk kept stopping to change songs on his iPod. Quite annoying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff is soooo friendly and helpful. The hotel is a beautiful place to stay with a refridgerator and microwave. The rooms are newly renovated. Free Wi-Fi, HBO and more. Dimitri and Lindsy are the best and most friendly hotel staff I've experienced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!