“Best for a low cost hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4970 Kyng's Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #53 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
“Best for a low cost hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were apprehensive about staying here as it is a low budget hotel. After reading hotel comments we took the plunge as the price was just so good. We were pleasantly suprised and this hotel represents a fantastic standard at a very low price. Two short visits (3 nights and 1 night), stayed in ground floor rooms and was upgraded to a suite (Room 103 is recommended). Staff cannot do enough to help deal with any issues (great people too). Breakfast OK but get there before 0900. There was some confusion with our second booking (verbal) which they took care of and also compensated us for any inconvenience (perhaps book online). Our review is based on quality v cost. Worth a visit.

Room Tip: Great for the price
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest and kind comments, we look forward to have you as our guest again.

We promise to continue to provide excellent service and value to all of our geusts.

In spirit of hospitality,

Hotel Staff

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is the best hotel for the price I paid for deluxe room. I stayed here for 6 nights in the month of April, 2012. I was quite hesitate to book this hotel bacuase of bad reviews but now I'm proud of my decesion. Here is my summary.

Highly friendly staff + great location + good free breakfast + free shuttle + very economical price + highly accomodative hotel management + excellent room service + good pool & SPA + walkable great restaurent and public transportations = Oustanding economical hotel.

I must thanks Paula, Dimitri and Mohammed for their curtessy and helping nature.

...sharma

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind and valuable remarks and comments. We are happy as well that you gave us a opportunity to serve during your recent visit to Orlando.

Its great to hear from guests such as yourself who take the time to acknowledge staff members by name, I will be sure to pass your comments to them.

We all look forward to serve you and your family during your next visit to Orlando area.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I made a reservation over the phone with the hotel directly. Front desk agent insisted not to take my credit card information because my room would be waiting for me. Having a bad feeling I show expecting the worst. To my delight my room was given up to someone else and I was basically told to bad by the front desk agent.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear about you inconvenience, I apologize for that and will take measure to make sure that it doesnt happen again.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you.

Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I travelled down to Florida and were surprised when the hotel we had booked changed their minds about allowing pets (we had small dogs with us). Red Roof came to our rescue. The service was great and so were the people. After the first night, as per our request, they moved us down to the first floor but as an extra surprise they also upgraded us to a suite. The rooms were great for the price we paid and during the time we were there, they were in the process of cleaning out and upgrading the rooms (taking up the carpets etc.) so it looks like the next time we are there the rooms might be even better! But as of March 2012, the rooms were fairly clean, the beds were very nice and the amenities were very good. The pool and hot tub was very nice and great to have on a hot day. Plus the location was great! I would return to this location. The people were great and for the price the rooms were great. Don't expect 5 stars right now but it looks like they are working towards it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. Yes, we are in process of updating all rooms with wood vinyl floors, new bedspreads and linen, new paint in rooms and flat screen TV's.

We look forward to see you next year in one of our updated new rooms.

Thank you.

Stratford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

From check in wih Desk Clerk Dimitri, Houskeeping with Alicia, to check out with Desk Clerk
Sarah, one could not hope to find people who were kinder, more understanding, and eager to please as these three. All requests were treated as pleasures to fulfill. The facility is a good value for the money, begining to show it's age,the location favorable and convenient the rooms clean - but the Staff more than compensates for any perceived shortcoming. I'd go back again.

Room Tip: Ask Dimitri or Sarah
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The price is great, but don't expect much. We stayed here for three nights in March 2012. Our room was extremely damp and there was a lot of mold all over the walls in the bathroom. There is no way they could not have seen all of the mold, and this hotel should be visited by the board of health. The carpet felt damp, the bed was damp, and after our first night in the room, my pajamas were damp when I got out of bed. Our clothes that we had hung were damp. Even the dollar bills that we left on the table felt like that had just come out of the washing machine. We asked the front desk if we could move to another room and were told that they had no available rooms. But they assured us that they would have someone clean the mold off the walls and put a dehumidifier in the room. When we returned from Disney that night, the mold had been washed off the walls and we could smell the cleaner, but there was still no dehumidifier in the room, so it was still very damp. We spent a second night in this room and in the morning, my husband inquired about the dehumidifier, letting them know that the room was still very damp. At this point, they offered us a different room which was much better. This is the second time we have had a terrible experience at a Red Roof Inn, and we will never try them again. The hotel location is very good, lots of stores, restaurants, flea markets are close by. The hotel is also located close to Disney parks and a Walmart.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 126!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed there one night so that we could have a little weekend holiday at Disney and it was great. The front desk was super nice and the room wasn't out of this world amazing, it was a motel room... and for what it was it did just great for a night out in Orlando. I liked it and will probably check it out again when we do it again. Another bonus is that there is a Pizza Hut across the parking lot from it so you can order a late night snack and just walk there to get it.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify smoking or non smoking because they offer both
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!