Save Saved
Ranked #53 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
MN
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here for our trip to WDW. It's cheap. It's also in a good location. Near everything. Parking was OK. The pool was great. NO BUGS. Beds were made everyday. New towels daily. Awesome costumer service. All in all it was a nice place to stay except for the very dirty carpet. So dirty that we didn't let our 11 month old crawl on the floor. Carpets could use a deep cleaning.

Room Tip: Wear shoes in the room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to serving you again in very near future.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I booked this hotel through Southwest when I booked my airline tickets and rental car. First thing I did after booking was read the reviews on Trip Advisor. Of course you get some good & some bad so I was open minded to find out for myself...Big Mistake!!! I'm a very easy spirited person & not a picky bone in my body, besides we only needed a place to sleep. The place didn't look bad when we pulled up (My younger Sis & Mother), neither did the front counter. The only thing noticed was the super strong smell of Chlorine in the dirty pool (as per my mother) but we weren't planning on swimming so no big deal. The guy (Amid?) can't remember his name, was very courteous. He asked us to wait one moment while he went to check the room. He came back & handed us the key. I felt all was well. However, as soon as you opened the door (Room 108) you immediately smelled the mold. As you walked in the room, you could see it EVERYWHERE!!! No joke. We turned around & told Amid we couldn't stay in that room. My chest as well as my Sister's was hurting from breathing in that strong odor. He told us he had one more room upstairs (Room 224) so we took the key & gave it another try. No mold but it smelled of Alcohol and urine (as my mother put it) and the bathroom pure urine. The smell was Horrible. At this point we were DONE!!! We went back and told him we are leaving. He apologized and gave us a cancellation # but said we would have to call to get our refund. It was late (close to 11pm) so he offered us the room for free stating that we would not be able to find a room anywhere else for the night. We declined! Not even for FREE!!! That's how Terrible the rooms were. We drove a few minutes down the street & stayed at Orlando Vista Hotel. What a BIG difference with less than $25 more per night. My advice: Spend the extra $ to ensure your safety as well as your health. A good night's sleep is priceless...in our case, just a few dollars more. Please, of all the reviews you read, Do not go to this Hotel. You WILL be sorry. Take care & May God Bless!!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get a better value. In this case, we got what we paid for. Big Difference!
Dear Guest,

We apologize that we didn't live up to our high standards and meet your expectations. We strive to provide clean, comfortable and secure accommodations without sacrificing service and comfort.

We are in process of making great improvements to our property, such as new flooring in guest rooms, new bed covers, drapes, blankets etc.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future. Please contact us directly and we will make it right for you.

Hotel Management
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The staff were friendly and check-in and out was easy. They offer a "free" breakfast. There was never any OJ and very limited choices of food. The rooms was small but the beds were comfortable after a long drive.

Room Tip: Book on the website

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had visited Disney World 6 other times in the last year prior to this trip, half of those times staying at another nearby 'cheap' chain hotel. We needed to take our dog with us on this last-minute business trip, so we picked the Red Roof Inn and booked on hotels.com since it was the same price as the other affordable hotel that isn't pet friendly. We arrived and checked-in with no issues. The late-night attendant was very friendly throughout our stay and always took the time to say hey when he saw us passing by. When we arrived to our 2nd floor room, I noticed it was humid, even though the A/C was turned all the way up. So, we requested a new room and was moved next door with no questions asked. The A/C worked fine in the new room, plus it had the added bonus of a fridge, which was very handy. There is construction going on across the street on the back side of the hotel, but it didn't really bother us. I did notice that the pool side was a bit noisier at night because of Hwy 192 traffic. The room layout was typical for a budget hotel, but was still clean, although a bit damp. But you're in Florida, so that's to be expected in a hotel with outside entry. We didn't request housekeeping every day, but when we needed to just change out towels, the housekeeping staff was very quick to bring us new towels. We had to extend our stay last minute by a few days, so we booked a new reservation on Hotels.com for a extra days and had no problems getting the staff to allow us to remain in the same room.

We didn't make use of the shuttle to any of the parks since we drove, so we can't really give a review on that. The breakfast was typical 'continental' breakfast style - packaged pastries/muffins, cereal, juice, and milk. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again if we needed to stay in the Kissimmee area again. Definitely recommend if you have a pet you're bringing with you and want to find a budget hotel.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
sgraza, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, August 28, 2011

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year. I have seen the renovations, as well as the good and the bad. I would not recommend this hotel for people without transportation. The shuttles are indeed inconvenient. Better to fork over the big bucks and stay on property. But, if you have a car (and a pet), this place is a good choice. You can drive past an outlet mall and a walmart to enter disney through World Drive. This takes you to Downtown Disney , and avoids a lot of traffic. Turning to the right gets you onto I drive, which is convenient to Sea World, and Universal (and another outlet mall). You can avoid I-4 altogether, which is a plus. Get a micro/fridge if staying more than 1 night as there is a grocery store within walking distance. I book directly through the Red Roof site. I paid less than $32 before taxes for my most recent stay. There is a problem with dampness in some rooms, at least on the first floor which I prefer. I always check the room before unloading. I had to move both on this stay and my previous stay in May (not reviewed). The night clerk, Dmitri, was helpful both times. My second room was clean. This last time, it was an accessible room with a king bed and a huge bathroom. They must be getting new linens as drapes were green, and spread was red. I don't care as long as they're clean, which they were. The tub in this room needed refinishing, but was also clean. Hot water was fine in the strong shower. The pool area is large and pool was clean. Spa is in a dark corner, and sometimes is pg rated, but kids should not be in the pool area alone anyway. Breakfast is standard packaged muffins & danish, boxed cereals, milk, juice & coffee. Lobby area has a sofa and high dining tables, which have been added since my first stay a few years ago. I have been making frequent trips with my dog through Florida. This hotel is my choice for a clean place to sleep, but I have also used it when visiting parks.

Room Tip: Make sure you are happy with the room before unloading your car. Some of the rooms have a dampness t...

Canfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I don’t understand some of these reviews. Maybe we had the worst room in the entire hotel, but it sounds like they were on an entirely different property. I often check the reviews on TripAdvisor and now strongly feel you should check how active a reviewer is on here. If they have just one review, be careful, I fear these may be paid, friends of the owners, or employees bumping the property up.
Two friends and I planned a quick weekend to the Universal parks a week prior, so we did not do a lot of research ahead of time on where we would be staying. We only needed two things; a room to sleep at night and a shuttle that took us back and forth to the parks. Upon arriving at the hotel we notice a large amount of people just milling about, I assumed they might be waiting for the shuttles also. The lobby picture on this site is not true to reality, doctored or taken right after remodeling (as is the picture of the front of the building.) We had arrived around noon, so we were early for check-in. The front desk clerk was very polite and accommodating. He said our room wasn’t ready but would do his best to get us in a room quickly; the lobby was full of people just hanging out so there was nowhere to stand let alone sit. We only needed to wait about 20 minutes. The first problem we had was the shuttle. We booked through Expedia and on their site they had that this location offered free shuttles to and from the park. What needs to be noted is that this shuttle leaves once and returns only once-no back and forth throughout the day. The shuttle to Universal leaves at 9:05 am, the park opens at 8am so you automatically loose an hour. The returning shuttle pick up is at 7:15, the park closes at 10 so there you lose over 2.5 hours! If this was posted anywhere on this site or theirs we would have changed before we arrived, this was an essential part of our trip since we had no rental car. At this point we had already missed it and would need a cab to take us to the park- $40 from this location (we did use one, as you’ll read.) If you pay $80 a day to get back and forth using a cab you should just pay to stay at a nicer hotel that has around the clock shuttles.
We were given our room cards and told we had the room right around the corner in front of the pool. The first thing that hit us as we opened the door was the smell; it smelled as if the man (who said he just cleaned up the room when we were in the lobby) had sprayed an entire can of Lysol. I could hardly breathe, and soon found why they had to spray. The entire ceiling is dotted with mold. The bathroom I can understand, and a little mold in a humid climate I can understand, but this was a lot. And while walking across the room I found the carpet was wet and squishy by the bathroom. I don’t understand how the previous reviewers are ok with this? I don’t want to stay in a room (even a very cheap one) that I will be breathing in this all night. And the reviews that say it’s a very clean hotel?! There was trash by the lobby door, wrappers by our room door and our room would not be described as clean (maybe the false sense of clean by the strong antiseptic smell?!) We even witnessed a woman doing what is best described as bathing her child in the pool right in front of our door (washcloth and all.)
Another problem was the lack of security; we had a large window across the front that faced to pool, while we were in the room people were walking by just looking in. We closed the curtains but the condition of the door lock didn’t offer us any comfort. We quickly debated if it were worth asking for a different room opposed to moving hotels and agreed that if this is the room the clerk referred to us as “a great room with beautiful pool views,” we wouldn’t be happy with any. We quickly arranged for another place closer to the parks (this one was at least a half hour drive away) and returned to the lobby. The man at the desk was very nice about it and was pleasant through checkout. In the end we still had to pay for the room and our new hotel rooms, but it was worth it NOT to stay at the Red Roof Inn Kissimmee. I guess, in the end, you get what you pay for.
Hopefully some of my photos will be posted.

Room Tip: please ask for the times if you need the shuttle, it only does one trip to the parks
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Hotel Management
Ft Myers Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The service at this hotel outweighs what you pay for this room. I booked my room threw Hotels.com and paid only $36.99 and it included a free continental breakfast. The two bed room was very decent for the price and it was so close to every theme park around including the water parks. But I cant stress enough the wonderful service from every worker in sight. If you plan on being at the parks all day long and just need a clean place to sleep, shower and have a little bit in the morning, than I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Hotel Staff

Been to Red Roof Inn Kissimmee - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!