“Kenny King of Kobe Kissimmee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kobe Japanese Steak House and Sushi

Kobe Japanese Steak House and Sushi
2901 Parkway Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Kobe Japanse Steak House adn Sushi)
(407) 396-8088
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe Japanese Steak House and Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 643 restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 192 & Celebration Place
Description: Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 500 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
“Kenny King of Kobe Kissimmee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a great evening with Kenny as our chef for the evening. Very entertaining, cheesy jokes but great cooking with theatrics. Started with sushi but wasn't necessary as there was more than enough food. Steak was voted as best ever by Master B and the teriyaki salmon and prawns were lovely.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
iGirl26
“We were disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We regularly eat at Japanese restaurants back home... And they are very good, I have to say. We picked this one based on the good reviews it had. The service was excellent and the chef, at our table was very entertaining... However there were too many things wrong with the food to really recommend this.

We had salmon sashimi as starters and filet mignon & shrimp for myself and filet mignon & lobster for my husband.

The sushi was good... However it is the first time EVER that I had a fish bone in sushi... And i eat sushi about once a week. Out of 8 pieces, 3 of them still had bones in them.

The soup was all right, the salad and its dressing was pretty good.

Then came the main course... We were sitting with other people and as other reviewers here, they were raving about the "white sauce" which is, by the way (from my experience at other Japanese restaurants), usually a sesame sauce... Well, this "white sauce" couldn't be any further from sesame sauce I'm used to... IT TASTED LIKE BIG MAC SAUCE!?!! About the ginger sauce, if you think it tastes like ginger, your palate is wrong again... It tastes more like onions, actually, not so much like ginger. I eat a lot of ginger and I even make ginger dipping sauce at home that resembles the Japanese sauce we get at our favorite Japanese places... The recipe has onions in it, but not as much... Anyways...

The steak was excellent, the shrimp and lobster were good, the noodles are not real Japanese noodles (they look more like linguini) and the rice is more à Chinese fried rice... Overall this place has everything on the service side to make believe its guests that it is a Japanese restaurant but to us, who are used to Japanese restaurants / Teppaniaki style restaurants, Kobe has not met the expectations, unfortunately...

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“We enjoyed all the food here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

OK...we had been at Disney all day and were a little hungry...so maybe this is biased...BUT, we enjoyed ALL the food here...my daughter and I enjoyed the Sushi..And my husband ordered habachi (is that the way you spell it?)...anyway, the girls ordered orange chicken and I ordered noodles....We were full and VERY happy....

Visited July 2013
Ontario, Canada
“My Husband Has Raved About this Experienced to Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have never been to one of these steak houses and were really pleased with the experience. When we arrived we were given a beeper and told it would be about a 20 minute wait. We just sat down to wait when the beeper went off and we were taken to a table. It was in a section of the restaurant which was empty so I guess we hit it right and they opened up this section. My husband, in particular, really enjoyed the meal and the fact that we were seated with other people we did not know. Nearly everyone else had been before which made us realize this place gets a lot of repeat customers. We would definitely return. We chose the hibachi setting. We had sake with our meal and it was kept warm by placing it on the side of the grill. I really appreciated this because I do not like sake that is not warm. My husband had a sushi appetizer and I had the shrimp special appetizer. Now that we have experienced the whole meal we realize that an appetizer is not needed. I chose the filet as my entree and my husband had the shrimp and scallop combo. We both thoroughly enjoyed everything. The two sauces provided were both great but we both preferred the 'white' one. Several repeat customers had asked for double on the 'white' sauce so I guess most people like it better. The ginger one is very strong and you do have to really like ginger. The only part of the meal that was bland was the rice but I think that it was typically Chinese/Japanese style, which is to say, plain. The chef was very entertaining and the meal progressed very quickly. (Oh yes, it also included soup as a first course and then salad.) Our meal came to $80 but we felt it was well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great steak! Very attentive service. Good location and parking. Very good sushi. I recommend this Resturant. I was here two years ago too!

Visited July 2013