“Good food, but it's still a buffet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa de Flora

Villa de Flora
6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa de Flora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 655 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: European, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Neighborhood: Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center
Venice, FL
“Good food, but it's still a buffet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were here for our office Christmas party. The food is good with a decent variety.

Still it is a buffet, so it means a lot of walking and dodging other guests (why is it some folks lose all sense of manners when eating at a buffet?). Salads and desserts were the best! I do like getting to decide what and how much of it goes into my salad.

Personally, I think the cost was a bit much. If I had my choice I would have gone with another venue. This would be a good choice for kids though as they can try new things.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Thanksgiving Meal!! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We came to Villa de Flora on Thanksgiving night and had a wonderful night. The food was all delicious, especially the traditional thanksgiving staples.

The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is due to our server going AWOL on a number of occasions and having to ask another server for a drink refill.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Need to step it up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have to admit, I realize the economy has a factor. With that being said I have been visiting Villa de Floria since it opened averaging four times a year as I live in Central Florida. I went there recently with my wife and friends and left without my usual warm and fuzzy feeling. The hotel is not run by Gaylord anymore and it is very evident. They have a rotating menu but there used to be items that were always there, every night but now are gone. Part of my disappointment is not just from the restaurant but the property itself. A big part of the experience is the five acres under glass atrium's! Beautiful tropical plants, fish and even alligators everywhere, even a saltwater lagoon with Redfish, Snook and Tarpon. Please go and experience this place it is truly a wonderful venue.
The buffet was very good, the food was good, service was very good, I just hope as our economy recovers the level of excellence I previously enjoyed from the property and from Villa de Florida recovers as well. I'm spoiled...spoiled rotten... having enjoyed this place at its best, I just miss what I have come to expect from an evening at the Gaylord Palms and from Villa de Flora!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida City, Florida
“You won't need breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great Mediterranean style buffet including pasta station, carved prime rib and dozens of other specialties. The kids had a great time trying new items and even finding some favorites. Staff was friendly and prompt.

Visited December 2013
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful buffet and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at Gaylord Palms Resort and had Sunday Brunch at this restaurant. Very nice atmosphere like dining outside but was actually inside a climate controlled environment. It is inside the atrium of the hotel. The Villa de Flora was serving Mediterranean buffet with good selections of meats, sea foods, salads, desserts, etc. Service was fast and friendly. It was pricey but expected considering the restaurant is inside the resort. It is absolutely worth a next trip.

• Visited November 2013