“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden China Restaurant

Golden China Restaurant
7777 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 390.1602
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Northern Ont.
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

this is a restaurant the is a buffet style. It was 12.95 all you can eat. They also had sushi in there buffet which was great. No complaints I ate there twice

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Food was reasonable for a Chinese Buffet in a heavy traffic tourist area of Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

The Golden China Buffet restaurant located at 777 West Irlo Bronson (HWY 192 West) was reasonably priced, and for a Chinese buffet in a heavy tourist area, we found the food to be pretty good. The selection was not as wide as it would be in a none tourist area, but sufficient.

The service was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool
“lovely meal great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

enjoyed the meal lots to pick from, nice people, anything you want just ask all in all a great meal and on continental plazas complex couldnt be better

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Run for your life !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

A friend and I had dinner there on February 27, 2010. Unfortunately, we had confused this location with another restaurant with the same name in a different part of town.

This is the absolute worst chinese buffet I have ever been to. The few choices offered were extemely low in quality. Some of the food looked as if it had been sitting out all day long. The hot and sour soup was bland. The only item that had any flavor was the ice cream.

At $12.99 per person, this place is a complete rip-off. The next day, my freind and I were both ill.

We learned a hard lesson. From now on, we will look over a buffet before deciding to dine there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Iceland
“Sticky, dirty chinese place with terrible food, no rice. Worth the trip to Taco Bell.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I read the other couple of reviews on here after returning to my hotel from Taco Bell, where I headed right after paying 50% of my bill at this place. Been vacationing in the Orlando-area for two weeks now and never had a bad restaurant experience until now.

Let's break it down: coming in, there's a small hand-written sign with prices - for dinner, it was 14 dollars per adult, 9 bucks for children (excluding drinks). We had a feeling just then, looking across the hall of people eating, but ignored it something we'd quickly regret. The staff member seating guests had the worst breath I could actually smell across the desk. We sat down and asked for a high chair. Got an old wooden high chair that has probably never been washed, with worn-out corners and spotty wood from years of beating. I must say it complimented the sticky table surface

Drinks came along - pink lemonade made from tap water, a "Coke" (sure, whatever) and half-carbonated orange juice for our 4yr old (who doesn't drink carbonated drinks).

I went through the buffet with the 4yr old, picking out what I believed she could eat. She usually has rice in these places, but there were none to be found. In a Chinese buffet place!

Returning with my own plate with some of the stuff I wanted to try, I found my daughter to have taken her shoes off and stepped in a pile of food under the table. She was disgusted as her mother wiped her feet clean. When we all had servings on our plates, we quickly deducted that we should get out of there, fast.

Up front I offered to pay for myself, as I had probably eaten the largest portion out of the three of us (wife gave up righ away), but only managed to negotiate a 50% discount (paid in full for myself, my daughter and one drink). The manager told me he wished we'd told him earlier. I told him that the time issue wasn't the real issue at hand, as we'd fed our 6 month old and stayed there for a total of 15 minutes (with two kids, we'll stay a good hour having dinner at a restaurant). I also told him that he had to realize that I was driving out of there only to visit another restaurant to have dinner with my family. In his opinion, he was being as fair as he could (in a very non-chalant, dismissive attitude).

I have never had such an experience in a restaurant to feel engaged to write a review like this one, but Golden China really had me to the point of gagging. Do not visit this place, it is the total low of my family's vacation time in Florida to date. This is my best advice to you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere