“Rude and Hostile” 1 of 5 stars

Tampa, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Rude and Hostile”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

When trying to figure out payment details, which would have been too easy if explained correctly, the man in the liquor store became rude and hostile. He kicked us out. Then the company charged us for "cancelling". How can you cancel if you're told you cant ride?

Visited August 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Great Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just went on a little weekend trip with another couple to Kissimmee, Florida and thanks to Groupon, Living Social and Amazon Local we had a nice time, stayed in a great place and did a couple of fun and interesting activities and saved a TON of money! And, even better we never had to drive on the dreaded I-4 and even though we stayed near a Disney World gate we never got caught up with the crowds. The four of us are in our 50's and 60's and we are fun loving but laid back adventures are more our speed...lol

Anyway, we found Big Toho through a great Groupon deal and what a fun and interesting time we had. We met the Captain with the boat at a convenient location in Kissimmee where you purchase tickets and then we caravaned with the rest of the ticket holders for about 40 minutes through beautiful countryside (lots of cattle and horse ranches)to beautiful Lake Jackson which is part of the Florida Everglades System and the Kissimmee River State Park. Other than our party we only saw 2 other people leaving as we arrived so we had the whole lake to ourselves which was awesome. The Captain was very entertaining and was great about finding the alligator's for us, pointing out where the wild hogs had been rutting, making sure we saw the local water fowl and birds and we even got to see some wild cattle wading in the lake. And for the thrill seekers we even had a few high speed wheelies...lol. It was great fun and all four of us loved it and agreed we would do it again.

St. Petersburg, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We bought a 2 person $60 groupon for for this boat ride and they were kind enough to to honor the $30 groupon rate for the other three people in our party. They told us over the phone there was a $6 parking fee. I just read all the "terrible" reviews and I'm quite surprised about what the others are complaining about. We had a great experience and would do it again. My only real complaint was the heat but that is not anyone's fault. I was quite surprised to find out the address provided was a liquor store. This was not explained over the phone and we sort of loitered around for a bit not knowing what to do or where to go. What we also didn't know is that once we got inside the liquor store we would be provided a hand written map with instructions how to get to the ramp 30 min away. GPS only works half way. It was a little scary driving not really knowing where you're going. Once in the boat it was fun. There were bugs everywhere but what do you expect at a swamp. It was super hot and limited shady spots. Joe, the tour guide, did his best to find us plenty of gators to see. He doesn't do a lot of narrating as most tour guides do but the boat is so loud you wouldn't be able to hear him anyway. I thought it was more fascinating looking at all the bugs, animals and plant life riding thru the terrain than looking at/for alligators.

I think the two guys aren't the friendliest. For example the guy at the liquor store was a little more abrasive than what I would have expected. And Joe was only a little better. For example he told us to "open your eyes!!" when a few of us didn't notice a baby gator 30ft from the boat.

This was my first airboat tour. And overall it was fun. Thank you!

Belfast
“GREAT......Don't be put off by negative reviews....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

When I first read the reviews for Toho Airboat Tours I had very mixed views and very nearly didn't book. I have to say that I have done this type of thing with other more 'main stream' operators in Florida before, for a lot more money, but since this was the first time in Florida with my extended family I thought I would give it another go.

The negative reviews regarding the 'liquor' store where payment etc. was made should be ignored. I felt this area was fine, I would also say as liquor stores go, it appeared to be quite a classy joint in a good neighborhood. Even the fact that the store sits at the junction with 'shady' street shouldn't put folk off.
All in all, business re payment and instructions given were clear and concise.
When we got to the airboat, after a pleasant 35 minute drive, we were whisked through the wetlands by Joe our captain who was a both knowledge and witty for our 1 hour tour. We also had free alligator photo sessions with all group members before leaving.

All in all well worth the money, I would do it again in a heartbeat with no reservations.

The only thing I would suggest are GPMS coordinates for the store and the airboat location.

Oh and just so people know, wifi and mobile signal wasn't a problem at any time..

Cardiff, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“INCREDIBLE! A MUST SEE for anyone on vacation in Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We're from the UK, we looked at a few places and decided to go with big toho! So glad we did, experienced guide Captain Joe was professional, informative and courteous, made sure we were having a good time throughout, made us laugh, informed us about gaters and their habitat! Experience of a lifetime at a good price! We saw loads of gaters, birds and wildlife, and the airboat was awesome! Highly recommended!

Visited May 2014