“Do not prebook they will keep your money.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando Courtyard Suites

You added Orlando Courtyard Suites to your Saves list
Orlando Courtyard Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3010 Reedy Creek Boulevard, Located at End of Reedy Creek Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Do not prebook they will keep your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is filthy and half of the buildings are rubble. This is not a safe place if you have children. If you make the mistake of prebooking they will keep your money. The staff are beyond rude. The price is to good to be true. Save your money do not stay in this gross place.

Room Tip: Do not book here you will be sorry.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Barnegat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this property and there is something OFF about this place..
Shoddy furniture and mattress, light bulbs out every where, faucets loose, side of tub falling off, coffee table falling apart, the hanging blinds in the bedroom were missing "slats" and so didn't completely cover the sliding doors at night, garbage on the balcony, absolute filth on the side of the toilet bowl that faced the tub (ie the side you don't see unless you bend over and look) pull out couch was a complete JOKE, etc.
When we arrived I was bullied into paying for the room when I KNEW I had already paid online. The snotty receptionist told me there was absolutely no way to pay online and that we couldn't check in without paying..
So, as I was questioning my sanity, I handed over my credit card.
When we got to the room I connected to the wifi (which was pretty decent) and pulled up my PAID IN FULL reservation as well as the statement showing the charge to my credit card and took it back down to the "receptionist". To make a long story short, after no apologies whatsoever, I was told that the charge made during check in would not be put through. I was also given the name of a girl who the receptionist said was at fault for the mistake and told to complain about her to the manager if I wanted to..
Anyhoooo, the charge DID go through and 3 days later I went to the office at night (when we got back from a park) to let them know. It was approaching 11pm and I was told by the same snotty receptionist that she didn't have time to "deal with my issue" as it was almost time for her to go home. (the charge did finally come off)
Folks, there is something SHADEY about this place, almost like it is "something else" first and a hotel for tourists second..
I wasn't going to review this property, we only paid $49 a night and I figure you get what you pay for, lesson learned.. BUT, I am now seeing this property go for closer to $100 a night or more, and so I felt compelled to warn people!! For $49 a night, maaaaaybe if you are on a tight budget and you bring your tools and cleaning supplies. For $100 a night, NO WAY!! Don't do it folks, play "pin the tail" on a Kissimmee map and you will NO DOUBT find a better option in that price range.

Room Tip: For a good room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just stayed at the Orlando Courtyard Suites and wouldn't recommend the hotel. Our softball team stayed there so we were looking for a great rate which they gave us. However, the rooms seemed nice, at first glance, but the quality of construction is very bad. The property is under new ownership and is changing names.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The rooms at first sight seem gorgeous, and at $70 a night for a full kitchen and living room it seemed too good to pass up. However, the brand new rooms with nice countertops and lovely furniture are poorly built. On the second day, I stepped on the tip of a nail poking trough the carpet in my bedroom, breaking the skin of my foot. The management's only comment was, "I'll tell the building manager about it." Door handles and towel racks fall off when used. The side panel on the bathtub was falling off. It was like staying in a hotel built by the Bluth family. Add to that several inconvenient hotel "quirks" like an office that is closed after 11pm, meaning that if you arrive late, you are stuck out in the cold for the night (which is not advertised on their website or when you make a reservation over the phone, and which we saw somebody else fall victim to as they arrived two minutes after the desk manager left for the night), weekly instead of daily maid service, uncomfortable mattresses with sheets, but no comforter, and no chairs or trash cans in the bedroom, and you may start to question your choice in hotel. It is very close to Disney World, the pool is gorgeous, and it comes with a full-size fridge/freezer and stove/oven/microwave as well as a washer and dryer. However, I believe the cons outweigh the pros at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at this hotel. Since the reviews were overall, above average to excellent, we decided to give it a try.

Our family are Annual Disney Passholders and we tend to stick to our favorite hotels, but the price was right and location was key.

A first glance (as already mentioned by other reviews), the hotel look like a construction site and progressively reminded me of a war zone or a ghost-town in the USSR.

The interior was surprisingly better with updated decor and furniture but I couldn't help thinking about the exterior.

Personally, I think the owners bought this "worn-down" property hoping to renovate this property to prime hotel destination, but I feel they fell pretty short. The only benefit I see is the location. About 10-15 minutes to any Disney park.

Light bulbs burnt out, loose faucets and unstable tub panels were also experienced.

• Stayed May 2013
miami, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this hotel online because we were traveling with a baby and a separate bedroom was convenient. Although the space was good. The maintenance was horrible. The shower knob was broken, the towel rack broke also, and the sofa bed was completely broken. We called the front desk to put in the maintenance order specifically for the sofa bed. They said they would pass by that night and nothing. By the end of the trip everything was still broken. The matresses were horrible too unless you like the feel of the springs significantly. When We checked out the front desk lady refused to communicate me with the manager because he was coming in at 10AM. We told her that we were travelling back and that we could not wait till 10. Her answer was that we booled through expedia and that we would have to talk to them. Huh?. I do not recomment this hotel at all. Wondering why they changed their name to Tuscany Suites. Look elsewhere, not worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
washington nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great way to save money while doing the theme parks in Orlando. The suite was clean and spacious and it was nice having washer/dryer and kitchen facilities in the suite. The only negative was some broken fixtures (shower knob was broken so we had to switch rooms; new room had towel bar fall off). The property looks like a dive but don't be fooled...the rooms were fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Orlando Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!