“Bargain lodging” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Orlando Courtyard Suites to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Orlando Courtyard Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3010 Reedy Creek Boulevard, Located at End of Reedy Creek Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
washington nj
“Bargain lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great way to save money while doing the theme parks in Orlando. The suite was clean and spacious and it was nice having washer/dryer and kitchen facilities in the suite. The only negative was some broken fixtures (shower knob was broken so we had to switch rooms; new room had towel bar fall off). The property looks like a dive but don't be fooled...the rooms were fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dauphin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our second year at Orlando Courtyard and Suites, and looking forward to coming back next year. Thank you for making our vacation at your hotel a wonderful experience again. The management and staff went out of their way to make our stay most comfortable. Our rooms were beautiful and we enjoyed meeting other friendly guests during our stay. Most dissappointed to read the negative reviews that some people have submitted and that we have not experienced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our stay was cheap, which is good. But honestly other places didn't look too expensive so I would be curious how it compares to similar lodging. Another reviewer used the phrase "a little off" and I think that phrase is perfect for this place. It was okay, but there were several things that were just a "little off". The $1 shower curtain was nearly half ripped off after our 6 night stay. The beds were not comfortable at all. The sliding door didn't open and close easily. Even my kids complained about the sleeper sofa not being comfortable.
Service was good, and staff were friendly. We were able to check in early after our 18 hour drive. They brought us everything we asked for. There was only 1 role of toilet paper for my family of 5, and when we asked for more they brought us only 1 more role. After that we decided to just buy our own.
Other than those things it was a decent place to stay for cheap. It was very convienantly located near Disney and Sea World. I would stay there again only if it were dirt cheap compared to similar places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just spent 2 weeks at Courtyard suites and it was great. The place was clean and the rooms were spacious. The staff were really friendly couldn't do enough to help you. It was nice to go out thru the day and come back to a nice quite place. Yes the place is still under going renovations but the section that is complete is great. The full kitchen had every thing one needed and the big bonus for us was the washer and dryer in the unit.Everything you need is close by Disney. shopping and highways to get you to other places,The swimming pool was really nice and each unit had it's own balcony. The building backed onto Disney and each evening you could see and hear the Disney fireworks. We have already booked our stay for next year and we look forward to many more years to come.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First impressions are everything. Online this hotel looks great. However because we weren't warned that the hotel is still under renovations we almost turned around to search for another place. Customer service was fine.
After talking ourselves into staying until we saw the rooms. The rooms do look much like the photos online. But what you can't see is the pull out beds in all three rooms were inoperable. So our very large party spent 3 days on the floor. And yes the floor was more comfortable. As for the actual room beds. OMG first there were no blankets on any of the beds in 2 of the rooms. That was 3 beds blanket less beds. And it took hours for them to bring some. When I asked for them they acted like I was asking for extra until I explained that there were only sheets on the beds. So they sent up thin blankets that other hotels use for extras.
So we were cold first then EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE.
The rooms were well decorated but lacked comfort.
There were pluses. The rooms were HUGE. The kids loved the pool. My brothers enjoyed their patios.It was located close to everything. The kitchen saved us from eating out a lot. However it was not fully equiped with pots, pans or dishes. We had to buy a skillet and utensils. ( Paper plates are s must)Which I took home with me. Wal-Mart isn't far away. Thank God

So if you like your beds extra extra extra firm than this is a good one for you. If not than you may want to go somewhere else. Even though they look like a very upscale hotel they really are only just a lil better than a new motel 6. Hopefully they take these commets seriously because they obviously went all-out on the decor. Step up on the comfort and you will have a good buy

• Stayed March 2013
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This Hotel. (if that's what you call it) was in such bad shape we left within 3 hrs. When booking this hotel they told us we would have a walk thru when we got our room. When registering I asked for the walk through and she said they would be up in a few minutes. When we first got in our room we smelled a chemical odor but thought maybe they just cleaned it so we didn't say anything. The Walk Through Never Happened. Then we noticed several things wrong and had to go down stairs and let them know. The blinds were missing pieces and lying on the floor, there were dead bugs in the sliding glass door, dinning room chairs were unlevel and dangerous to sit in, there was no coffee pot and toaster, the kitchen sink faucett was loose and when we tried to leave our room the key would not lock the door. They finally sent up maintenance but by that time my eyes started swelling up so we left with the maintenance employees in our room. I realized then I was having a reaction to some cleaning chemical and we made the decision to leave the hotel. When we got back to the hotel and explained to the mgr. we were not going to stay he had such a bad attitude and said and I repeat - just go pack and get out. He said this over and over but refused to give us back our money saying it was policy not to give a refund. When I asked for the policy in writing he said they didn't have one. I told him he was unfair and rude and there was no point in this. All he kept saying was because our things were in the room that he was going to charge us.. I told him I was going to take further action if I didn't get a refund. We went back to the room - packed everything up and went back to the office with the keys. He said to me after handing me a receipt "Are You Happy Now" and gave us a refund. I said (No I'm Not Happy) because you shouldn't have treated me the way you did. Then I noticed the receipt said Days Inn instead of Orlando Courtyard suites. I knew then something wasn't right with this place. I feel he must have contacted someone higher up and they told him to refund me my money. I told him I was not happy and this was un-necessary what he put us thru.and would be sure and let everyone I know not to every stay here. He said he didn't care. . SO IF YOU CARE DON'T STAY HERE

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a great time recently during out stay in Orlando at the Courtyard Suites. Just as other folk have commented, the property is undergoing renovation... but only sections are being addressed at a time. So, some buildings are not being rented while other, fully completed, units are. So it's not at all like you are walking around past construction or hearing the sounds of power tools next door.

Our room was HUGE and really clean and well appointed. A washer/dryer and a whirlpool bathtub (only big enough for one person) were both great additions. The full kitchen was splendid, but bring your own supplies (there was a small selection of cookware, knives, and dishes, but very little silverware).

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only downside was the fact that the staff seemed a little half-hearted. Asking for extra towels was a bit of a chore, and actually booking our reservation was difficult. The desk staff who answered the phones kept saying there was no availability, but using the online system to book rooms was a piece of cake. We suspect the desk persons simply didn't want to work all that hard. :-)

For this price, we couldn't care less about the staff, though. Big room, great amenities, pool, etc... that's a real winner for us.

Room Tip: No elevators... choose the ground floor if you have lots of bags. Splendid place overall!