“great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando Courtyard Suites

Save Saved
You added Orlando Courtyard Suites to your Saves list
Orlando Courtyard Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3010 Reedy Creek Boulevard, Located at End of Reedy Creek Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Brampton
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just spent 2 weeks at Courtyard suites and it was great. The place was clean and the rooms were spacious. The staff were really friendly couldn't do enough to help you. It was nice to go out thru the day and come back to a nice quite place. Yes the place is still under going renovations but the section that is complete is great. The full kitchen had every thing one needed and the big bonus for us was the washer and dryer in the unit.Everything you need is close by Disney. shopping and highways to get you to other places,The swimming pool was really nice and each unit had it's own balcony. The building backed onto Disney and each evening you could see and hear the Disney fireworks. We have already booked our stay for next year and we look forward to many more years to come.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First impressions are everything. Online this hotel looks great. However because we weren't warned that the hotel is still under renovations we almost turned around to search for another place. Customer service was fine.
After talking ourselves into staying until we saw the rooms. The rooms do look much like the photos online. But what you can't see is the pull out beds in all three rooms were inoperable. So our very large party spent 3 days on the floor. And yes the floor was more comfortable. As for the actual room beds. OMG first there were no blankets on any of the beds in 2 of the rooms. That was 3 beds blanket less beds. And it took hours for them to bring some. When I asked for them they acted like I was asking for extra until I explained that there were only sheets on the beds. So they sent up thin blankets that other hotels use for extras.
So we were cold first then EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE.
The rooms were well decorated but lacked comfort.
There were pluses. The rooms were HUGE. The kids loved the pool. My brothers enjoyed their patios.It was located close to everything. The kitchen saved us from eating out a lot. However it was not fully equiped with pots, pans or dishes. We had to buy a skillet and utensils. ( Paper plates are s must)Which I took home with me. Wal-Mart isn't far away. Thank God

So if you like your beds extra extra extra firm than this is a good one for you. If not than you may want to go somewhere else. Even though they look like a very upscale hotel they really are only just a lil better than a new motel 6. Hopefully they take these commets seriously because they obviously went all-out on the decor. Step up on the comfort and you will have a good buy

• Stayed March 2013
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This Hotel. (if that's what you call it) was in such bad shape we left within 3 hrs. When booking this hotel they told us we would have a walk thru when we got our room. When registering I asked for the walk through and she said they would be up in a few minutes. When we first got in our room we smelled a chemical odor but thought maybe they just cleaned it so we didn't say anything. The Walk Through Never Happened. Then we noticed several things wrong and had to go down stairs and let them know. The blinds were missing pieces and lying on the floor, there were dead bugs in the sliding glass door, dinning room chairs were unlevel and dangerous to sit in, there was no coffee pot and toaster, the kitchen sink faucett was loose and when we tried to leave our room the key would not lock the door. They finally sent up maintenance but by that time my eyes started swelling up so we left with the maintenance employees in our room. I realized then I was having a reaction to some cleaning chemical and we made the decision to leave the hotel. When we got back to the hotel and explained to the mgr. we were not going to stay he had such a bad attitude and said and I repeat - just go pack and get out. He said this over and over but refused to give us back our money saying it was policy not to give a refund. When I asked for the policy in writing he said they didn't have one. I told him he was unfair and rude and there was no point in this. All he kept saying was because our things were in the room that he was going to charge us.. I told him I was going to take further action if I didn't get a refund. We went back to the room - packed everything up and went back to the office with the keys. He said to me after handing me a receipt "Are You Happy Now" and gave us a refund. I said (No I'm Not Happy) because you shouldn't have treated me the way you did. Then I noticed the receipt said Days Inn instead of Orlando Courtyard suites. I knew then something wasn't right with this place. I feel he must have contacted someone higher up and they told him to refund me my money. I told him I was not happy and this was un-necessary what he put us thru.and would be sure and let everyone I know not to every stay here. He said he didn't care. . SO IF YOU CARE DON'T STAY HERE

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a great time recently during out stay in Orlando at the Courtyard Suites. Just as other folk have commented, the property is undergoing renovation... but only sections are being addressed at a time. So, some buildings are not being rented while other, fully completed, units are. So it's not at all like you are walking around past construction or hearing the sounds of power tools next door.

Our room was HUGE and really clean and well appointed. A washer/dryer and a whirlpool bathtub (only big enough for one person) were both great additions. The full kitchen was splendid, but bring your own supplies (there was a small selection of cookware, knives, and dishes, but very little silverware).

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The only downside was the fact that the staff seemed a little half-hearted. Asking for extra towels was a bit of a chore, and actually booking our reservation was difficult. The desk staff who answered the phones kept saying there was no availability, but using the online system to book rooms was a piece of cake. We suspect the desk persons simply didn't want to work all that hard. :-)

For this price, we couldn't care less about the staff, though. Big room, great amenities, pool, etc... that's a real winner for us.

Room Tip: No elevators... choose the ground floor if you have lots of bags. Splendid place overall!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Largo, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located right off 192 and is less than a mile from the Disney ramps for all the parks. There were plans for a whole property remodel- they only did one set of buildings when the economy collapsed. If you want a real, full kitchen with granite counters, a real living room and a bedroom with a door- this is for you. There are no frills, and the property looks iffy because of the halted construction. Don't let it dissuade you. When they have a deal... Less than $70 a night- take it. Warning: the king size beds aren't the greatest, and the pool is large but very basic. However, the staff are easy to deal with, and they are not fussy at all about how many vehicles, how many in room, etc. We have stayed here literally 10 times or more, and it is very serviceable.

Cons: if you are expecting maid service, amenities, frills, or that WOW factor- this is not for you. It is a bargain hotel that really is a little apartment. Good place to sleep, make breakfast, or crash in afternoon when parks are crammed. That's it.

• Stayed September 2012
Parkville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The decor was done very nicely. We paid a very good price and did not expect as much as we got. The only thing negative I could say about the place was the bed was not the most comfortable. I saw reviews about bed bugs and there were no such thing. When we checked in, we were given laundry detergent and dish washer tablets. We were told if we needed any supplies just come and ask for them. Anything we needed, we were supplied. I would highly recommend this location to anyone. It was just minutes from the Disney Parks. Very convenient.

Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Orlando Courtyard Suites, the experience was pretty decent. I will start with the room;

The room looks just tlike the picture, absolutely gorgeous! Very well decorated and new, even the bathroom fixtures were nice, including a deep tub with jets. However, the water pressure from the shower head is almost non-existant. There was barely enough water pressure to wash the shampoo off my head. It has the feel of a new model home on the inside. The King size bed was most comfortable and I did not want to get out of it. We like to stay in rooms with a private bedroom and a pull out bed, my wife and I like the privacy ;) and my daughter loves to sleep on the pull out bed and watch cartoons. This had both, but the pull out bed was not very comfortable. I know they aren't supposed to be, but this one was horrible! I would not reccomend staying here if you are planning on using the pull out sofa bed. The kitchen was full size with a full sizee fridge, oven, and dishwasher. They even provide utensils and plateware. Very nice! It also has a stackable washer and dryer, which is great!

The hotel itself is new and undergoing construction, wich we could not here and did not disturb us in any way, but they are not up to full service yet. They do not have daily maid service, so the washer and dryer comes in handy, since you will not get fresh towels everyday. You will have to get some laundry soap somewhere.As far as I could tell they did not offer any kind of shuttle to the parks, or breakfast. Like I said not up to a full service hotel yet. Once you check in, you are pretty much on your own, just like if you were at home. The location is perfect! After you exit on to 192 from Disney it is your first right. Which is great when traffic gets heavy.

From the outside, it isn't much to look at, I am sure it will be once complete though. All in all, a good stay, no real problems, and the staff was as friendly as could be expected. The wifi is decent, the furniture including the patio is very nice, and a very comfortable bed. The only real gripes I have is the pull out bed and the lack of water pressure in the shower. I would stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Orlando Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!