“Great place, bad neigborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando Courtyard Suites

Save Saved
You added Orlando Courtyard Suites to your Saves list
Orlando Courtyard Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3010 Reedy Creek Boulevard, Located at End of Reedy Creek Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Sarasota, FL
“Great place, bad neigborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a dark and stormy night, hurricane Isaac was making himself a nuisance as we drove up to the Orlando Courtyard Suites. The neighborhood was sketchy at best, homeless people on the corner and what looked like a bombed out hotel next door. I didn’t have much hope for a decent night’s sleep in a comfortable clean room when I was handed an actual key for my suite. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, well furnished, and very comfortable. I took advantage of the free WiFi and if it hadn’t been raining we would have used the lovely pool. My husband and I were astounded that such a great room was such a great bargain. The bed was comfortable and we really appreciated that the maid was not going to bother us the whole weekend (we don’t mind making our own bed and washing our own dishes). We will be booking at the Orlando Courtyard Suites again (even though the doors to the suites don’t automatically lock behind you, you have to lock them like you would your house).

Room Tip: Ignore the neigborhood, this place is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerOCS, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Orlando Courtyard Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am happy you were pleased with both the cleanliness and the décor of your suite, which provided such a welcoming contrast to what the unsightly look of the hotel under construction next door might suggest. Although this is beyond our control, as you have seen, it doesn’t hinder any of our property’s amenities. We would be more than happy to accommodate you again in the future. We do hope that on your next visit you will get a chance to enjoy our seasonally heated pool. Our pool deck has just been given a facelift that greatly enhances the warm welcoming atmosphere of the pool area. Thanks again for your feedback.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

First of all when I first called to book the place they said it was an indoor place but it wasn't. I never liked staying at outdoor hotels because it doesn't feel safe. My kids were scared by little black worm looking things on their way to the pool. The website says free high speed Internet but it was only 2 bars and you could only get it in certain places. There was a hole in the wall and the bathroom doorknob kept coming off. The TV list said it had Disney channel on channel 4 but when my kids looked it didn't work. Across the street looked like an abandoned place and when I first went into the office I saw the police and they were talking about someone trying to break in! I will not be staying there again! I couldn't even get a refund!

• Stayed August 2012
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

THERE ARE BEDBUGS AT THIS HOTEL. I HAVE PICTURES. Prior to booking this hotel, the reviews gave a "don't judge a book by it's cover" impression, stating that while the hotel is under construction, the rooms are gorgeous.

The first impression I got was much like the reviews. It looked terrible. I "checked-in" to my reserved room but before I brought my luggage in, I did a full inspection of the beds for bedbugs. Lo and behold, I found what I was looking for. Disgusted, I took photos and went

to the front desk to leave, and the lady told me that she couldn't refund me for the night (mind you, I was there for 5 minutes), but the rest of the stay (4 more days), she did. I am traumatized from actually seeing these bugs.

AVOID.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room? Here's one: Don't book one at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed for a couple of days and it was pretty good. I was like everyone else scared when I pulled up. The rooms were very nice on the inside. They needed a good dusting but still was nice. I had a great view of the meters on the wall and the pool was crappy. However, we were only in our rooms long enough to unwind and go to sleep. No need for the resort experience because we weren't going to be there anyway. I did like having the washer and dryer to dry our towels. We would stay there again because it was so close to everything.

• Stayed August 2012
ManagerOCS, Manager at Orlando Courtyard Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We greatly appreciate your feedback on your stay, thanks for taking the time to do so. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and that our location and our suite amenities were such a benefit to you during your stay. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the future, please let us know when and we can secure you a suite overlooking our courtyard. We do hope that this time you will get a chance to enjoy our seasonally heated pool. Our pool deck has just been given a facelift that greatly enhances the warm welcoming atmosphere of the pool area.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Me and my girlfriend travelled to Florida and stayed at Orlando Courtyard Suites in November 2011. We arrived at night, 1am in the morning and picked up our hotel key in the mailbox as the offices were closed.
Upon entering the room we were pleased to see that it was exactly as shown in the pictures when we booked the room. Very modern and updated kitchen and bathroom were amazing. However, the walls between the rooms were very thin.

The hotel is situated on a dead end road beside what seemed to be an abandoned old hotel property. I don't know exactly what it was but we did not feel comfortable staying there. The room itself had an eerie feeling to it.

What was nice was it was close to the resort parks and to a number of different restaurants and shopping centers. I think if they were to have some additional lighting and someone in the hotel offices 24 hours it would make a difference.

Most likely not stay there again.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Shelbyville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Read the reviews decided for the price and our budget this would be the best place for our family of five (2 adults & 3 teenagers) to stay. Like most reviews have stated property is behind the main hotel that is still under construction. It is at a dead end road. The tennis court and basketball court need some fixing up. Outside is pretty much still under construction, only around 70 rooms completed and up to date. It is a standard key and not the up to date locks. When we walked in three light bulbs were blown out, easily replaced, and one of the queen size matresses had bad springs (youngest child slept there). Other than that, the pictures of the inside are exact! It is beautiful and very spacious for our family. Front desk was very helpful when we needed them. The office does close early in the evening so make sure if you need anything to contact them before they close. There is no daily housekeeping. There is a wonderful stackable washer and dryer which saved us so much money! All our clothes were clean and ready for our next destination after Disney World. Full kitchen is wonderful, including oven and full refrigerator was a plus! Pepsi Machine and Ice Machine available on property, there is a 7-eleven down the road, too. It did have a swimming pool, but we chose not to use it. On the negative side there were slugs everywhere...and I do mean everywhere on the property. Those were a little disgusting to everyone. This property was very accessible to Walt Disney World and many many restaurants and stores with in walking distance. Would I stay here again? I might for the right price and if nothing better came along. I would reccomend this to people as long as they don't expect it to be a 4 star hotel and just want a nice place to sleep and be able to cook.

Room Tip: If you have a floor level room you will most likely here the people staying above you move around al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very nice inside, for the most part. Very nicely remodeled suites - Beds, carpet, bathrooms, kitchen - all very nice, just like the photos. They are trying very hard to bring this place up to nice 4 star standards but it just isn't there yet.

There was no chain on the door lock in our room. The handle did not engage either. The only lock that worked was the deadbolt. We put the heavy coffee table in front of the door because we had two kids sleeping on the sofa and didn't feel safe. Sofa bed was missing some springs so the mattress fell through along with my 5 year old down to the floor. Another indication that this is just not up to speed is... they still use room keys instead of plastic card swipe key - not bad but another... "thing".

Outside is another story entirely.... As some other post have stated, you have to drive past a building that is completely unfinished... like just concrete walls and a ceiling with overgrown grass all around. It makes this street look very vacant, unsafe and unkept. It's the overall "feeling" that this old building gives the neighborhood that's just not inviting.

I probably won't be staying there again. The price was good but I would rather pay a little more for a better sense of safety than this night gave our entire family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Orlando Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!