“Simply the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Potomac - Maryland
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

We choose this hotel purely based on the reviews we saw on Trip-advisor. And that was one of the best decisions we’ve made for our entire trip of two week stay in Orlando.

On our very late arrival from Potomac - Maryland, we were greeted by smiling and courteous Tony at the front desk. And the room was somewhat compact yet very clean with great mattress, lots of lights, all new furniture, drapes, and comforter, flat screen TV, microwave, small fridge and larger than average shower cubicle. The air conditioning worked perfectly with an individual thermostat. And we did accessed wireless internet from our room on the second floor without a trouble.

Although 1800hotels. com offers two booking options of hot breakfast and continental breakfast with the rooms with different pricing, the hotel only offers continental breakfast. According to Alan – General Manager, the hotel never offered hot breakfast to their guests at all. However the continental breakfast had good variety of food and they had 24 hour tea/coffee available in the dining area too. If you’re planning to maximize your days at the Disney parks and if you were to have children in your group, having this free breakfast option is a super value for money. And you always have the option of going for All you can eat breakfast buffets within few blocks from the hotel at $3.99 per person.

Alan – the general manager was friendly and helpful (although he doesn’t smile as much as the other staff members do !!). And both Eddy and Pricilla are generously courteous and extremely accommodating. And in Chuck, they have a “live-in mobile Disneyworld & Orlando encyclopedia” with them !!!. He is unbelievably knowledgeable about the whole set up of Disney World and other surrounding theme parks plus Kennedy space center. Even though we pre-planned our two week Orlando stay in great detail, Chuck’s expert knowledge was extremely useful in getting around any bottle necks or finding good places to eat or advice on what we must not miss during our stay. And Chuck goes that extra mile to make sure every guest feels important and welcome at this place. What official role he plays in this hotel is not clearly displayed anywhere, but trust me, he is great asset to this place and to everyone who stays there.

The hotel is a short drive to Disney world theme parks and about a 45 minute drive to Kennedy space center. If you pre-book, the rent-a-cars are fairly reasonable at around $15.00 per day. It is advisable to rent a car which could save you lots of travel time, especially if you’re into park hopping. And it can also be useful in getting back to your hotel at 2:00 in the morning on the days when the Magic Kingdom closes at 1:00 in the morning..!!

Destiny Palm Hotel is unbelievable for $31.00 a night!! Staff is so friendly that we felt like we lived here before. And are we going to stay here again? Of course we’re, on our next trip to Orlando. And can we recommend this hotel to anyone? Most certainly to anyone who want to stay in a comfortable, clean and most importantly economical hotel which could make you feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

We have stayed in many hotels in the area and usually stay in the hotels of about the same price range. This hotel is one of the best in this range. We had a King room which was of an adequate size and very clean and nicely presented. The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and polite.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I wanted to let everyone know, that we had a wonderful stay at this hotel, Alan the manager, Tony front desk, and the housekeeping, they was a wonderful people. The room very Clean, My husband and I give them 5 stars. My next vacation for sure is Destiny hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Southern Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I've stayed here twice now... once in October 09 and again in Dec 09. Both rooms booked thru Hotwire for under $30/night.

The first time I visited, the room was kind of musty smelling but it wasnt terrible. This recent trip the room was perfect, no problems.

Front desk staff were pleasant, check-in was fine.

Cons:
The wi-fi they have only works in the lobby/breakfast area. Kind of an inconvenience, but it is what it is. The signal is a bit weak, but i never lost connection.

Proximity to Disney... someone mentioned it as well... yeah it's a bit further out, closer to US 27... Hotwire classified this as 'Disney Maingate/Celebration Area', when this is probably better labeled as 'Kissimmee'.

Overall, I do like this place, would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Alan the manager was wonderful accomodating and helpful. He made us feel at home. Hotel was clsoe to a lot of thsings dto do besides disney. I can't say enough about this place. It is a diamond in the ruff!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
NORTH CAROLINA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

First let me start off by saying dont believe everything negative you read in some of the past reviews! That's the way I felt once I saw this hotel for myself. My room was one with a King bed as other reviews correctly stated the rooms are small but the most important thing to me is cleanliness and the room was very clean with a nice flat screen T.V., toaster oven and fridge. My only complaint is the hall smelled a lil musty but I wasnt sleeping in the hall so no big deal. I got a great deal for 1 night and I was quite satisfied. I saw the pool but in my opinion it was too cold to use it and I really didnt have time. The front desk clerks were very nice & friendly. Breakfast was good with waffles and pancakes. The building looks a lil old on the outside but no big deal. I want to thank the review that stated to look out for the purple building because the hotel is behind this building I think it was called Hoolihan's or something like that. Overall I have to say if you are looking for a great deal this is it! I have paid a lot more for a hotel and gotten less.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for a great rate, however I think Hotwire stretched the location being with Disney Maingate. Its not far but its definitely not as close as I thought I would be. If you are familiar with the Kissimmee area there are number markers, this one is so far west its past the end of the markers. We arrived and I was worried with the negative reviews but this was a nice clean hotel with great service. The room was nicely done with a flat screen tv, armoire and a nice big king size bed. The bathroom was good size but not huge. Overall I would stay at this hotel just be aware its a little down US 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) and that would be only negative I would say regarding this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!