“I love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 156 hotels in Kissimmee
Kissimmee
“I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stay at Destiny Palms once a week and truly love it. The staff is always friendly! The price is super affordable:)
There is no place I rather stay at. The rooms are always clean when I stay there and if there's anything I ever need the staff is always willing to assist.

• Stayed July 2014

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Poor internet service unless close to office. Rugs need to be replaced. Need flesh paint. Counter help very nice. Overall just needs to be cleaner rooms. Odd location but is close to the main road and many different eating places.

Room Tip: Should be a 2 stars. I would pay more and stay someplace different next time.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband John and I first stayed in this hotel just over a year ago and when we went back in June this year we found it had a new owner called Chuck who had made big changes to the hotel. Rooms were comfortable, staff were friendly, breakfast was good. Chuck went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and as we were checking out, my husband left our passports at the front desk and Chuck drove all the way to the airport to bring them to us. We will go back to Orlando one day and we will definately book the Destiny Palms Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Destiny Palms may not be anything fancy, but you will get a well-appointed, convenient, comfortable room. I slept so well that I missed the free breakfast. What distinguishes Destiny Palms from other hotels in the area, is the helpfulness of the front desk staff. Manager, Chuck, could not be any friendlier and willing to assist.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked on Groupon, thinking I was getting a nice discount on a better quality hotel, considering the place had a high rating on Trip Advisor and other review sites. The reality was, this motel/hotel cost me more than more reputable hotel chains in the Orlando area and was in worse shape. I paid for two nights in advance of seeing the place through Groupon. I arrived late in the evening with my young child after a day at Disney. I was too tired to complain and try to get a refund. The carpeting on the way to my room had so much foot traffic evidenced by many areas where the carpeting was worn bare. This was a symbol of neglect that made me question care for room cleanliness, insect prevention, and overall service. The lighting in the room was extremely dim. The AC wouldn't work on high, only low cool, and was loud. The shower fixtures were rusty. The sheets didn't fit the bed properly and would roll up at the four corners. I couldn't inspect well for cleanliness due to the poor lighting and worried all night about bed bugs or whether the bedding was clean. The next morning we had a day of park hopping planned and left fairly shortly after waking. We were out late again. I tried to convince myself to ignore my discomfort and just get some rest; however, I found an old blood stain on the corner of the sheet when it rolled up and I tried to put it back on. Needless to say, I could and never would be able to get comfortable at the Destiny Palm. I wish I didn't get tricked into thinking it was a nice place by the obviously false ranking on the review sites. The hotel must have friends or family writing reviews to falsely boost the hotel. On a positive note, the staff was friendly. I never complained, though. I just wanted to get back home ASAP.

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was small & dirty. The bathroom was gross. The toilet was dirty. There was black mold growing in the shower all around the shower head. It has a 2 1/2 star rating. This is NOT accurate. It should be a 1-star at best. The best thing about this hotel was its location for Disney World. I was thankful we only stayed here one night. If you are looking to stay here, look some where else.

• Stayed May 2014
Swansea, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife just drove 15 hours to this hotel from Illinois and within minutes in her room she was disgusted. She called me immediately complaining about stains on the bed and while on the phone notice bugs on the bed. After I called the front desk "who was nice at moment" they offered another room. As soon as my wife opened the door there was a bug running across the floor. At this point the front desk wasn't as nice. Began speaking in a different language angrily and basically told her they cannot help & she can find another hotel at 12:30 A.M. I am disgusted that a place like this can even be in business. Wife said even the initial walk in the front door was unexpected with stains on the floor and was not sure if it was a closed down restaurant or not. Needless to say she is attempting to drive back to Illinois as she does not feel comfortable in Florida by herself!

Room Tip: Do not waste your time!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!