“Great Hotel for Sports Teams!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West to your Saves list
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8536 Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Great Hotel for Sports Teams!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

Me and my husband are both coaches of A.A.U. basketball teams and travel often to our different tournaments.We don't have a lot of money in our teams budgets so we always try to find great deals for our kids without having to compromise safety and cleanliness and this hotel was perfect. I worked with a group planner (Ms.Carolina) who was great she answered all of my questions in a timely manner she was even so kind to come in on her day off to make sure that our teams got in with out any problems.After having such a great stay the first time I now stay in contact with Ms.Carolina to book all of my teams.This hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Everyone was so warm and friendly and helpful, it was more like staying in a small inn or B&B. I have reason to be in the Orlando area frequently and now that I have found this little gem I look forward to making Destiny Palms my "home" in Orlando. Thank you much to all the staff and managers, it was a pleasure! Room was updated and very tastefully decorated. Room had a flat screen tv,frig and a large walk in shower. The hotel is a little difficult to see off of the road..look for Houllihans restaurant, its right behind it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Burlington, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Based off of others reviews pro and con I decided to stay at the Destiny Palms. Glad I did, yes the rooms were small but honestly how much time do you spend in them. The beds were clean, comfortable and the Motel was off the main road so it was quiet and peaceful. We were able to walk to conveniences such as Mcdonalds, Houlihans and 7-11.. Felt safe walking around at nite, and the staff was more than helpful. Breakfast could have had a little more variety but for free what can we expect. Based on the prices we will stay there again when we visit next season or sooner. If you expect alot, pay alot and stay elsewhere, if you need a nice place to sleep while visiting area attractions give the Destiny Palms a chance to save you $$$ that you can spend on the attractions..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I booked this hotel due to the reviews where the majority are good but wshed i had not.
I stayed here for 2 weeks and can tell you that this one hotel alone spoiled my otherwise great holiday.

This hotel has the nerve to charge a daily resort fee but comes no wher near to being a resort. It is seriousley lacking in facilities.
There are no room safes and even no front desk safe for storing valuables. This was even thou it stated there was when booking via Tripadvisor.
There are no courtesy buses to any attractions and the pool is rather on the small side in the carpark.
The breakfast although complimentry was below average.

The rooms here are dirty, dusty and very small. There is nothing you can do about the size but there is something you can do about the dirt.
My room on the 3rd floor had not been properly cleaned from the previous guest. The apparently fresh bed sheets had body hair and the toilet rim was soiled.The floor had also not been hoovered. I had to leave a note for the room maid as they had still not cleaned the toilet by the 3rd day.
All the worktops / sink and desks were extremely dusty / dirty and these just did not get wiped. The iron board could not be used as it had been stained by either blood or a reddish food substunce.
The shower had a nasty build up of dirt and grime on the shower heads/handles and door frames.
In 2 weeks the room maid only hoovered once and appeared to just tidy my bed and refold the towels everyday. I got so fed up with having to leave a tip for this poor service that i ended up cleaning my own room every morning.

The only positives are that the staff are pleasant, the wifi is excellent and there are no mouldy or other unpleaant smells.
This hotel is clearly not designed for anyone on an extended stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Because we got this room so cheap I was expecting the worst I was so pleasantly surprised! The room was clean and the shower was cool! The room was small but it was just me and my husband so it was great! When we go to Disney we always stay there and get dining plans as well but if we decided to stay outside of the World we would stay here for sure. There is a McDonald's in the parking lot and a sit down restaurant! It's just down the road from Disney too!

Room Tip: Cheap and clean! Great for a Couple!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Hotel staff was very nice, Chuck the property manager was wonderful. My family and I will def be back again. Close drive to all the parks. Rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011 via mobile

Rooms were small but had one of the comfiest bed I've ever slept on. Excellent location, next to macdonalds, walgreens and short drive to super target and restaurants. Less than 10 mins away from the entrance of walt disney world and only 15 mins drive to downtown disney. All the staff were friendly and helpful. One downside is that breakfast is always busy, may need to extend breakfast hours. Apart from that excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!