“capt dave” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Marathon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Healthy
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: "Thank you to all our customers for your patronage and support. We appreciate all of the reviews you give us on Trip Advisor, even the negataive ones because it helps us to be better and provide our guests with a memorable experience."Sincerely,Randy K. GM
Greensboro, North Carolina
“capt dave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Best cheeseburger, cheese hushpuppies & fried key lime pie in the Keys. Great atmosphere went for lunch & dinner.Sunset was great. Friendly & knowledgeable staff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Tuna was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband dreams about the tuna don. Raw tuna w rice -soup -salad.
The bummer was the really new waiter. He kept on apologizing.
I had crab cake as an app, lots of crab, but I didn't care for taste profile.
I had mahi sandwich, for entre...I was bummed that it was cold.
The boys had oysters-raw. They loved them.
Good review on stuffed hog fish.
We'll be back.
Oh yes beer selection is great, but be careful w obscure beers. My Japanese beer on draft was not fresh... Had a funky aftertaste.
FYI
In the past had coconut shrimp, it's delicious. Ask for extra sauce.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Great casual place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were supposed to arrive via boat but the water was too choppy so we drove. We went for lunch mid-week and it was not busy when we arrived but was filling up when we left. The tables are picnic benches, they have a limited bar, but good food and a great view (it is on the harbor) on the second floor. I had the ahi tuna salad, my dad had the fresh tuna melt and my son and step-mother had burgers. We all enjoyed our meals and the fries were excellent. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. I believe they only accept cash so plan accordingly.

Minnesota
“Another Hole in the Wall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Unique sandwiches - I had a shrimp and sauerkraut one and it was different, but good. Seating is limited atop this bar-on-stilts, but seems to draw their fair-share of regulars. Our server kind-of rushed us - but it was apparent this place was not about the service. They did have live music (a guy and a guitar). Do not regret we went, but we will not be back...way to many places in Marathon to try...

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Randy K, General Manager at Burdines Waterfront, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Usually we do a lot better job. I'll be happy to comp you a couple meals if you wish to try us again. You can contact me at 305-743-5317 which is the main marina number. Sincerely sorry, Randy
Sun City Center, Florida
“Great sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a locals spot with a fabulous view of sunset! Had fish Reuben ...very good. Try the key lime pie. Made with walnut graham cracker crust. Pie melts in your mouth.

• Visited November 2013