“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

305-743-8255
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our world famous $59.99 per person reef and wreck half day fishing excursion is still the best deal in the Florida Keys after 20 years. WE ARE NOT A HEAD BOAT. (Max 6-10 persons per boat depending on the vessel.) We also offer private trips for all other types of fishing like TROLLING, SHARK, TARPON, FAMILY FUN DAYS and any other customized trip you can dream up - our fleet of vessels can accommodate it!
Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've wanted to fish off the Keys for years and were thrilled to find a reasonable 1/2 day trip with Sea Dog. Beware...At roughly $60/person it would have figured $240 for our party of four. A small tax is expected,but our grand total was $288! The waters were SUPER ROUGH: I mean swells of 7 to 8'. Many were sick but stuck it out for the rest. !2 lb. test line was all that was used which should have clued us that we weren't going to catch anything of any size. After all was said and done, my husband ask how we got our fish (which was advertised would be filleted for us), and the captain mumbled something. NO FISH!! There were 8 fishmen and at least 13 keepers, and no fish! Never again Sea Dog. Captain Tim and Capt. Ryan were personable, but the rest was a big fizzle.

Visited September 2013

Wellington, Ohio
“Waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We reserved a fishing trip 2 weeks prior to coming to Marathon, FL. We arrived at 8am on the morning of the trip and were told that our trip was cancelled. No phone call or anything. The locals around Marathon said he is a new business and this wasn't the first time they heard of Sea Dog doing this.

Visited September 2013
“Greedy company!! Didn't care about safety at all!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I reserved for 7 of us to go on a snorkeling tour to Sombrero lighthouse which is one of the top rated snorkeling spots in the keys. It would have been great if the staff would have told everyone AHEAD OF TIME that the waters were infested with giant jellyfish which they knew were out there bc the lady capt even told me they were worse yesterday, you could almost walk on them. What a waste of money. No one out of the 42 on board could even go in the water. All they wanted was our money. They knew we couldn't go in the water without getting stung. "it only hurts for a minute" is what they told my kids. WHY WOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH SENDING MY YOUNG KIDS INTO JELLYFISH INFESTED WATERS? Pathetic!! And absolutely NO mention of any raincheck or anything. They made 26 dollars per person for 42 people and all we did was drive out there in 5 ft swells to sit on the boat and watch everyone get sick. NEVER AGAIN!

Visited August 2013
Metepec, Mexico
“Above and beyond of what expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I read the comments in Trip advisor and was a little worried about the situation. We took a charter boat for my family of 6 (4 boys). We had the most wonderful time of our life. Everybody caught something and I got to pull a shark to our boat ! Captain Jim was amazing in his attitude and patience with the kids. If you can ask for him do so.
We got problem in the motor of the boat on our way back and needed to be pulled in. But while we wait we got to swim and snorkel in the ocean with the help of our captain. In this accident we actually got 1.5 additional hours of fun!
Yes, when you pay turns some things are not included in the fee like taxes, and other stuff. So if you have that in mind you wont be surprised. I read about this in the comments in this tool so I was expecting this. In short, you will pay less but not that much less than other options.
I would repeat any time if Jim was my captain.

Visited August 2013
“AWESOME OUT OF THIS WORLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had the best time of are life, Limited out on dolphin and yellowtail snapper on r frist day.
Second day went lobstering for the first time caught six lobster.
Captain and crew outstanding