Beautiful sunset views at Tiki Bar. Great bartender (Jeff). We had a 3 bedroom home...loved everything about it. Room for a family of 5. Home was clean and airconditioning worked GREAT! Nice sized pool (didn't go in adult only pool as I have kids). Butterfly Cafe was excellent and staff very friendly. Went paddleboarding and jet skiing...had a lot of fun. Some things they need to work on...
1. If you make rules, someone needs to enforce them. They have a no smoking policy. I saw several people smoking. I honestly don't mind if they smoke outside, but the resort tells you they will fine you if you smoke...My husband would have loved having a cigar while watching sunset, but we kept to the rules.
2. I thought they had a limit on the number of guests/room. Our first night there our neighbors (thin walls) had 7 adults and at least 6 kids. Again, I don't really care, but they were loud as hell until 1 a.m. But again, is this the resorts problem? or just bad manners?
3. I KNOW I saw people at the pool who are not registered guests. I watched them hang in the pool, get out and smoke their cigs, dry off with their own towels (resort provides you with yellow towels) and then walk directly to the parking lot. Again, do I really care...? yes, if the pool is crowded and I can't find a seat for me or my family after paying top dollar for our vaca.
4. Tiki Bar closes at sunset. It was so relaxing sitting by the beach, watching the kids play or just be, but you cant buy a cocktail while doing this....of course you can bring your own....
5. Guests bringing their own boom box to the pool to listen (loudly) to their own music (yeah, you guessed it...my neighbors!).
6. Tiki Bar and Butterfly Cafe do not serve breakfast. I understand I was staying in a home that had a full working kitchen, but we enjoy eating out and I enjoy NOT COOKING on my vaca, so it would have been nice to just get up and walk to a restaurant.
7. Be aware that housekeeping only does a "light" cleaning...so if you want new towels...throw them on the floor. If you leave dishes out and about in the room, make sure you put them IN the sink so housekeeping will put in dishwasher. If anything is left on a table, it will stay there.
8. But, I must say, the few times I called the front desk (which closes at 11 p.m.) and asked for more tissues, more beach towels or a repairman for my safe....they were there pronto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort located in Marathon Florida, the heart of the Florida Keys. Here you will find more than unrivaled peace and seclusion on your Florida Keys resort vacation, while overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Sink into serenity with one of our unique two or three bedroom beach houses. Our spacious Marathon Florida resort beach houses have 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, gourmet kitchens, expansive porches overlooking the water, flat screen TVs, and handmade furniture, offering an idyllic Florida Keys resort experience nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Now you can also discover the addition of 16 new luxury single-level "Tropical Garden Guestrooms" which offer more intimate accommodations than the resort's larger beach houses. Enjoy all of the amenities of Tranquility Bay Resort with more affordable luxury in mind, and tropical garden views.Next, try award winning dining at Butterfly Cafe, a 2.5 acre white sand beach, world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and water sports, three tropical swimming pools, and our beachfront TJ's Tiki Bar, all framed by 12 acres of picturesque gardens. Located just 90 miles south of Miami and 45 miles north of historic Key West, Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort is easily reached by car or plane. Boasting delicious dining, Florida Keys' attractions, plus a nearby Championship 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, state parks with incredible beaches, protected waters for diving and some of the best sport fishing in the world, you can define your own paradise at our unique vacation destination in the Florida Keys. Find your center in the Middle Keys at Tranquility Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Travelocity, Tingo, TravelClick and Venere so you can book your Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Beach House Hotel Marathon
- Tranquility Bay Beach Resort
- Tranquility Bay Beach Hotel