“Informative” 4 of 5 stars

Charlevoix, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very nice set up. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Wish they offered water for purchasing. Very hot.

Gurnee, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“A Must See!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

What these people do with rescuing turtles is absolutely amazing. This is a must see with their tour of their turtles. It is a fun learning experience and you get to feed the turtles in the end. They deserve all the support they can get!

Newport
“Fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Well worth the close encounter with these magnificent serene kings of the sea. We visited as a group, the information and knowledge we received was a great general introduction to the 5 types of turtles found in the area. We fed some and got to know them by name and history. A hot day but water is available. In under 2 hours we got up less and personal to these fascinating creatures. Well worth a visit for the whole family, friendly staff, fun ad educational.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Very educational and FUN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I wanted to have a weekend getaway with my girls (ages 11 & 9) and I had passed by the Turtle Hospital on a previous trip to the keys and decided that I wanted to check it out. I'm glad I did, it was very educational & informative and the staff is passionate about their patients. The whole staff has a great love for their patients and it shows! My girls and I loved it!! we even got to feed the patients treats. It was worth the trip & the admission charge! (admission charge and anything purchased in the gift shop goes to help the turtles)

CT
14 attraction reviews
“This is GREAT!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Turtle Hospital tour made our day, and it was a highlight of our trip to the Keys. The tour starts in a small classroom where the instructor told us about the different types of turtles. She had examples of the turtle shells that she passed around so we could all "touch and feel". There was a slide show that went along with her talk; she was an excellent instructor. We learned of the different diseases and medical problems the turtles get; boat strikes being a common problem. We moved from the classroom to the hospital; it is two rooms and just fascinating as to what types of surgery, treatments and care that they can do. Then we moved to the outside to see the turtles that were recuperating and/or living at the hospital. We got to feed them so they came up close. Some of the turtles had different diseases that we had learned about in the classroom, then we got see the turtles that have been afflicted with the diseases. The tour last 90 minutes and honestly, I thought I was only there for 30 minutes as it held my interest immensely. There is also a little gift shop and in it is a tiny museum. This is a not for profit organization and to hear all they do just on donations is just amazing.