“Best Place in Marathon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf View Waterfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marathon
Gulf View Waterfront Resort
You added Gulf View Waterfront Resort to your Saves list
58743 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Marathon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“Best Place in Marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great stay...swimming, canoeing, kayaking, fishing....something for everyone. Traveling with two 22 year old college students, and one 16 year old male and we couldn't have had a better time. Stayed in a two bedroom efficiency was perfect for the whole family. MIke and family were so accomodating and full of great suggestions. The property is just big enough to give every guest just what they need. Rooms are cool and clean with plenty of space. Fully equipped kitchens, outside grills and patio table. Very "green" environment. We just can't say enough about our stay and to top it all off the price was extremely reasonable/affordable and we looked at everything else in Marathon before we booked. It was like staying with great friends and family, we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you do it all...hammocks, boats, pool....even visit the tortoise and birds!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family will defiantly be booking our next trip soon! Mike and Stephanie, owners, we're so nice and made you feel like family. Their help with the littlest things was so nice, from sitting with us at picnic table to review the best fishing spots, havong our room cleaned up and fresh towels daily, to providing ice on site for our early morning fishing trips... We were in awe of this resort. We have spent summer vacations in the keys for I we 30 years and I can to you.... This quiet, quaint, family owned resort is our vacation spot for years to come!

• Stayed July 2012
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife & I stayed at The Gulf View Waterfront Resort and loved every minute of it! It is very quaint and quiet. The owners are very friendly, treat you like family and accommodate all your needs. They were happy recommend the best restaurants and activities around Marathon. The property is beautiful and well maintained. It literally is "waterfront", only steps from the Gulf. We felt at home here! They have kayaks and pedal boats there for your use at no extra charge, and a beautiful pool. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, we even had a kitchen in ours. So we ate breakfast in room to save a little money. We will definitely stay at this resort again. Marathon is a great location to stay while in the Keys. Centrally located to anywhere you want to go, and the Gulf View Waterfront is a great place you can call home while you are there!

Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Really great place to stay, I would highly recommend staying here, Mike & Stephanie were very accomodating as we had to change our dates due to bad weather.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Matlacha, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A wonderful, friendly, comfortable place that is "hidden" in plain view. The Gulf View has it all, huge pool, beach with Tiki, boat dock, palm trees, and the list goes on and on. Mike and his family make you feel more than welcome and the rooms are clean and comfortable. You feel as if you are on an your own hidden island in the Keys! My family, friends and I will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

By far the best place to stay in all the Keys!!! I have stayed in 5 star resorts down there and this was the best Keys experience. The hotel was so cozy, clean and tropical. The hosts were friendly and helpful above and beyond. Mike even lent my nephew HIS own fishing map. I personally would not stay any where else now. next time I'm bringing my dogs too:) I came down to scatter my husbands ashes since he loved the Keys and had a beautiful sunset cruise out of Marathon. Mike even invited us down to the dock for his fireworks show (avoiding the traffic & parking problems on 4th of July) As Kätie M. said-"Magic in the Keys". read her review because its the exact same things I would have said.

Room Tip: Loved room 13, It had 2 beds in bedroom and futton in living area. Plus lots of shade in front on pa...
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My son and I just finished our first trip to the Keyes and nothing disappointed especially the Gulf View Resort. The place is everything it is advertised to be. Great location, clean, comfortable, things to do or do nothing at all and just chill out. If you have any questions at all about the area just ask Mike and he is more than happy to give you all the answers you need. Our main reason to visit the area was to go fishing. Mike put me in touch with Captain Buddy LaPointe who made our 2 days of fishing a lifelong memory for my son and I. We are already making plans to return to the Gulf View and to fish with Captain Buddy LaPointe.
Two huge thumbs up to Mike & Buddy!

Tim Z. from Ft Worth, TX

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11 and will choose that room again for our next stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gulf View Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!