Of all our vacation hotels and restaurants, this was the one big disappointment. When we arrived, we found that we had a room at the front, nearest to the highway. My wife is a light sleeper and we asked if we could have another room. We were told that there was virtually no traffic at night so it shouldn't be a problem. Traffic was continuous all night. It was a problem. On unpacking, we found there were no hangers in the room. We were going to call the desk but found there was also no phone in the room. When asked, the desk looked around and was able to find one hanger. We were told they would look for more but none ever appeared. WiFi reception was not possible in the room. I had to sit in the office or close outside it to get a connection which was lost if I tried going back to our room. Other residents I asked had the same problem. A very big inconvenience for planning. The bathroom floor and shower were in need of a serious cleaning. The only lights in the room were wall lights above the bed. There was no light for the table which made reading there difficult. Of course a table light would have used up the last available outlet in the room (no outlets in bathroom). And no mirror except in the bathroom. The only daily housekeeping seemed to be emptying the trash cans. The beds were not even made up. Even the rod to turn to open the blinds was missing. The TV had 2 remotes. It took us a day to figure out that one was for changing channels and the other was for changing volume. Finally, tiny insects were everywhere in the room. The property is obviously old but there seemed to be no effort to keep it clean or do things as simple as making sure there are hangers in rooms. And for all this they add on a resort fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Coconut Cay Resort & Marina offering the comfort and charm of a Bahamian style resort, located on the scenic gulf side of Marathon, Florida. We are minutes away from Sombrero Beach, Bahia Honda State Park, the Historic 7 Mile Bridge and Pigeon Key Historic Site, Museums of Crane Point Hammock, great snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing. Your senses will delight in our colorful motifs, shimmering palms and glorious year round sunshine. Your mind and body can relax in our 24/7 pools. Come and enjoy an island life style of total relaxation in our comfortably priced accommodations. It’s a tropical oasis in the heart of the Florida Keys. Come, SEA and play in our ocean, the way it used to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Cay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Cay Resort And Marina
- Coconut Cay Resort & Marina Hotel Marathon