“Fun place, unique personality here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Waterford
“Fun place, unique personality here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Ate here twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast.

Busy place. For dinner, I had some buffalo wings for an appetizer..and they were GREAT. While far from the hottest wings, they were pleasantly crispy which I prefer, and had a great flavor. I had a combo platter for the entree which was pretty good as far as BBQ food goes.

My wife had a BBQ pork plate which was a bit on the dry side.

For breakfast we ate there since we had rented a boat from Captain Pips marina which was right next door...and sort of connected. Bagel was a bit burnt, wifes fritatta and toast was a bit overcooked too.

Great spot to eat though, right on the water, and a manatee cow and its 1 month old calf were swimming around right by our seats for most of the meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you very much!

We cannot wait to serve you again!

Marathon, Florida
“roadside restaurant - good food/average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

tried a couple of fish sandwiches...the blackened was best.
super small cup of slaw with the sandwiches.
my sweet potato fries were good but the cinnamon butter was too cold and was hard to get on them. regular fries were just average.
service here needed some work...pretty slow.

If I ended up back here, I'd probably try the BBQ. The ribs we saw looked pretty good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your stopping by at Porky's!

We are looking forward to serve you again!
New York City
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The most striking thing about this place is definitely the poor service. We were there for 2 hours with 2 young kids and we were miserable. I ordered the oysters and literally one hour later he came out and told us that they were all out of them. It took you one hour to figure out you didn't have oysters and to come out and tell met that. Stay away from this place and go to Castaways if you can.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our restaurant. Our policy is to deliver great service and tasty meals in timely manner and we take huge pride in having our customers happy!
Our staff works very hard and most of the time we have very good communication between the floor and kitchen regarding meals that are sold out.
In circumstances that we run out of a product that is being ordered already, we communicate those with customers in a timely manner trying to offer them another item from the menu.
We can only hope you could give us another chance to prove you the real quality of service delivered by our staff.

Sincerely yours,
East Hampton, NY
“Too hit or miss.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I HATE writing bad reviews, however, I have come to rely on my fellow vacationers to steer me right on tripadvisor so I figure i have to honest and let the chips fall were they may. Hopefully the owners will take the constructive criticism and improve their restaurant.
I have been to Porkys six times in the last two years, the last FOUR times either the service
or the food were a problem. On this last visit I took 2 couples with us, I told them "the service can be slow and iffy" but the "fall of the bones ribs" will be fantastic. Well, sadly not so much.
while most of the meals were just ok, mine was terrible. The ribs were like eating overcooked
leather soaked in BBQ sauce, my sides were: yellow rice(dry and room temp) and
fries , except I ordered sweet potato fries, not regular fries, and they were cold and oil soggy.
It feels like no one is checking the food before it goes to the table. I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Manager at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor.
We do sincerely apologize for your bad experience. There is no excuse for unsatisfactory food being served. We can assure you that we are working very hard to deliver best quality of food and service. We only wish that you had brought it to the server's attention while you were there.
We would really appreciate the opportunity to prove the real quality of our offerings.
U.S.A
“Gave it another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

After a less than stellar visit last year, I decided to give Porky's another try; this time we visited for lunch. When we went in, it was about half-full (as opposed to completely full for dinner). It looked like there were only 2 wait staff. The bbq was okay, not the best I've had, but not the worst. I would have loved to have had a refill on my water, but the waitress never came by to see if we wanted a refill, then she thanked us for our patience since they were so busy. (Which I didn't understand, because they weren't that busy.) The main reason I went in was for the fried key lime pie, which is unbelievably good, and we couldn't find it anywhere else in Marathon that makes it like they do. The wait staff (as well as the hostess) were very friendly. If I go back, it will be for lunch...and for the fried key lime pie.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your review!
We are looking forward to have the opportunity to serve you another Deep Fried Key Lime Pie :)