“Enjoyed the Fish Baskets” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Louisiana
“Enjoyed the Fish Baskets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Prices were very reasonable compared to other restaurants in the area. I ordered the Snapper Basket and it was delicious. My wife ate the Fresh Catch of the Day basket. We both had draft beers at a decent price. The view was great, as we sat directly on the bay. There was a live musician playing while we ate. I recommend giving Porky's a try if you're in the Marathon area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Terrible food but great water views”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped off on our way to key west for a drink overlooking the water..views were great.thought we would try some food.recommended the ribs by the waitress, but cold in the middle when arrived, greasy and basically unedible.Have a villa in Florida and visited florida many times..but I won't be returning here..to porky,s.I could still taste the horrible greasy taste in my mouth for nearly a couple of days.it's definitely the worst food I have ever experienced in USA!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PorkysBBQ, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks for stopping and taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry you didn't like our food. We have lots of loyal customers who rave about our BBQ and in particular, our ribs. Hope you'll give us another try.
Sarasota, Florida
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sadly no one in my party liked their meal. Im not sure if its because we went to late, close to closing time. Didnt care for the batter used on the fried dishes. The peel and eat shrimp were not bad. It seemed really silly they could no provide our provide our party with three separate checks.

Visited August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We work very hard to prepare and serve some of the tastiest food in the Florida Keys. Lots of folks love our fried fish and make a point of bringing their catch in so we can cook it. We hope you'll give Porky's another try.
Miami, Florida
“Nice little locals place, great bar-b-que”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stopped for dinner one night and got the bar-b-que plate that had a couple different kinds. There was a mix of people there - families, couples, solo, etc. There was also a guy playing music which wasn't too loud. I was able to sit by the water which is a view of some boats but still nice. Service was good too.

Visited July 2013
Marathon, Florida
“Best Barbeque in Marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I carried out from Porky's this evening. They had our food ready to go when we got there. I got a Basket with Pulled pork, sauce on the side, baked beans with meat in them and coleslaw. She got the Basket with pulled pork and onion rings. All of the food was excellent. The pork was so tender and wonderful flavor. The baked beans were awesome and so was the cole slaw. Onion rings were crisp and tasty. This is the second time I have eaten food here and it is really great! Never disappointed. This place is just before the Seven Mile bridge as you head toward Key West from Marathon on the right hand side. Both times I have carried out but it is on the water if you want waterfront. Don't miss this place for great Barbeque.

• Visited August 2013