“Great food at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Apex, North Carolina, United States
“Great food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stopped here after our snorkeling trip and the food was great. They have the best Island Chicken Breast sandwich (I had mine cajun style). The atmosphere is very laid back and the waitresses were great. They also have cold beer!!! This will be one the first places we go to next year when we go back to Marathon FL.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
“Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stopped on our way back from the Key West and I heard good things about it. Place was dead (stopped around 2 pm). We were given menus quickly and the server was quick with our waters. The atmosphere is exactly what you would expect for a road side BBQ resturant, some tables over look the dock inlet and we enjoyed the view of boats and pelicans in the water. I think portions were good and everyone in my party loved their food. We got 3 different flavor types of the BBQ and they were all good. And the key lime pie was tasty. This will be a set stop in the future.

Visited May 2013
“Will not go there again!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 5 people that went here. Half of the people hated there food and the other half said it was "ok". Even though we had two different checks for the table they add gratuity for 5 people so we ended up paying an arm and a leg...the food is EXPENSIVE and not worth the $

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
PorkysBBQ, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thanks for stopping in. We work very hard to serve great food at a reasonable price. We do add an 18% gratuity for parties of five or more. Even though this group chose to split their check, we still apply the automatic gratuity. This group was charged 18% on each check. The same amount that would have been charged had it been on one check. Our gratuity policy appears on the menu.
“The worst eating experience I have had in the USA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the decor and atmosphere when we first arrived and was excited about the meal ahead. What a disappointment! My food was cold so I sent it back (I had a butter with my dish that was still frozen!). When it came back I ate it as I was really hungry but it was tasteless (the garlic bread was particularly bad). As mentioned in other reviews the portions are really small. When I complained that the meal hadnt been good enough and refused to pay for my meal I was told 'well you ate it!' I had left about half. The waitress agreed to remove my meal from the bill. I didn't leave a tip and I hadn't enjoyed the experience at all! To top it off a secondary member of staff came over to challenge what was wrong (at this point we had already paid) she practically sneered at me as if I was something she had trodden in! Avoid this place!! I have emigrated to the keys and will not be recommending this place to anyone.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
PorkysBBQ, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow, we're really sorry you didn't like our restaurant. We work hard to make sure our customers are happy, the food we serve is hot and tasty and the portions are ample. It's good to know the server deducted your meal from the bill, even though you ate most of it. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. We hope readers will also see the many great reviews we've received.
Lumberton, New Jersey
“Great Start to our Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We dined at Porky's on our first night in the Key's. We were exhausted from a long day of travel that started on a 6:00am flight from Philadelphia. We go a table right in front of the band and had a ball. The restaurant is not fancy but it is fun! We had good BBQ in an outdoor setting with great entertainment. Definately worth the trip!

• Visited April 2013